Are these props for beastly kingdom I Found??

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Nobody knows.....this is the only link we have to anything from Beastly Kingdom that may or may not be in development....who knows if its real or not though.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I don't know about all the medieval stuff, but the prop guns I believe Kilimanjaro safaris.

WDWKing

Original Poster
:) i found this on an Animal kIngdom site, i forgot which one though.

Does anyone know anything? I emailed the webmaster and asked him when they were sold to disney.

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by WDWKing
:) i found this on an Animal kIngdom site, i forgot which one though.

Does anyone know anything? I emailed the webmaster and asked him when they were sold to disney.

Then I am not sure about their authenticity. Unless there is proof that these came from the park, then I doubt they did. The props wouldn't be lying around the park, so that would mean that he would have to have gone backstage to see. And we all know that is hard to do.

WDWKing

Original Poster
No I mean I found the link on an ANimal Kingdom Site, the props are from a prop maker or something like that that makes props for disney and stuff, I'm assuming.

Thespis

The props wouldn't be lying around the park, so that would mean that he would have to have gone backstage to see. And we all know that is hard to do.
I have a couple of friends who have done alot of scenic work for Disney. Disney hires outside contractors all the time. The pictures could have been taken in somebody's back yard before delivery to WDW...

raven

When AK first openned, it had a river excursion around the main island. On the trip around the island, you saw a dragon that was supposed to breathe fire. Maybe these props were made for the area surrounding that for decor.

Just a guess but it kinda makes sense seeing the pictures of the melting knights and the fireball kinght. I never got a chance to ride the boat because it closed shortly after the park opened.

Anyone have any clues?

s25843

Originally posted by raven
When AK first openned, it had a river excursion around the main island. On the trip around the island, you saw a dragon that was supposed to breathe fire. Maybe these props were made for the area surrounding that for decor.

Just a guess but it kinda makes sense seeing the pictures of the melting knights and the fireball kinght. I never got a chance to ride the boat because it closed shortly after the park opened.

Anyone have any clues?

Good Point.. Forgot bout the Cruise

Here is a qoute directly from the site, so you may be right on this one...
"Prop armour designed to represent different outcomes of encounters with the dragon."

Spaceship Earth

Account Suspended
I don't think so.

Has nothing to do with Disney, I don't think so. I think those are maybe from IOA the Dueling Dragons. I could see those there but Disney? I rarely doubt it.:veryconfu

Thespis

I could see those there but Disney? I rarely doubt it.
If this was 10 years ago, I might agree with you. But since the addition of Alien Encounter, characters die in some Disney attractions. I don't think melted armor is taboo...

bearboysnc

Isn't there a new live action movie coming out about dragon hunters?

I thought it was set in the future though. THey have set from it on the new TRAM TOUR at Disney Studios Paris.

quote "The trams then shuffle past the loading station and head off into the “London” section of the tour. However, first is a glimpse of some cars and other vehicles that had been used in past Disney productions. The final sequence of the tour shows a decimated street from London. The set is intricately detailed and is a re-creation of a scene from Touchstone’s upcoming Reign of Fire starring Matthew McConaughey and Christian Bale. As the trams past the epicenter, a huge fireball explodes towards the tram, created by one of the dragons that destroys human civilisation in the movie. The tram proceeds behind the set to show how the building are infact just fronts on simple iron frames before heading back to the load station"

They are from IOA. Originally the manufactures of Dueling Dragons brought the idea to Disney first and Disney turned it down. They then went to IOA and we all know the rest of that story. Good move Disney

WDWsmith2001

river boats

These definately look like props for the ill fated "River Boats" at AK they fit right into the press releases discription of the dragon portion of the ride. The article clearly discribed armour in all manor od distruction. It was all part of a preview for "Beastly Kingdom" before it got postponed. At least I hope it was just postponed.

JoeZerboy

Prop armor pieces

They may have been initially used to promote the idea for what evolved into Dueling Dragons at IOA if it was presented to Disney first, but as there is also an Ice Dragon, where are the Knight-cicle prototypes?

Also, having been on Dueling Dragons many a time [one of my faves at USF/IOA], there are no melted or bitten knights in the theming. The only knights shown are either iced permanently to the backs of their horses hanging from the roof in one section of the line or empty pieces of armor "embedded" in the walls of another section.

I think the theory that the pieces found on the website for EB Effects were for the Dragon scene at AK holds more credence than if they were made for IOA.

Just an observation...

Joe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom