March Madness @ WDW (Round 5)

Wilt Dasney

Original Poster
Before we get going, assuming there are any confused "newbies" still out there at this point, all previous threads are still accessible at the following locations:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6833
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6900
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7065
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7207

OK, interesting stuff now...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You people are just trying to make my life more complicated, aren't you? Thankfully, we ended up with an odd number of voters last round, making any ties impossible, but three of the four matches ended up as close as you can get. Mad competition was the word for Round 4. Let's find out who squeezed through:

The Magic Kingdom final was a white-knuckle affair, as the Haunted Mansion and Splash Mountain went toe-to-toe for 12 rounds. In the end, one vote ends up making the difference, as Splash Mountain barely wins it. After fairly easy victories over its two Mountainous cousins, it's a group of Happy Haunts eager to stay "alive" that ends up pushing Splash Mountain to the brink. Find your laughing place and make sure no obscene pics make it through--Brer Rabbit and crew are off to the Final Four!

(3)Splash Mtn. 15, (5)Haunted Mansion 14

The Animal Kingdom battle was the only one that didn't go the distance; although Flik & Co. put up a noble fight, DINOSAUR just proved too much, as the Thunderlizards pulled it out by a margin of 5. The Countdown to Extinction will have to wait a little longer; DINOSAUR is king of the beasts at Animal Kingdom.

(2)DINOSAUR 17, (4)Tough To Be a Bug 12

At the Studios, it was another down-to-the-wire affair, with the Sorcerer's Apprentice doing his darndest to cast a spell over Aerosmith and their stretch limos. Ultimately, the Coaster is able to outrun Mickey's magic by a single vote. Walk This Way, Coaster fans; Steven and the boys are going to be rocking into the Final Four.

(3)Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 15, (4)Fantasmic! 14

Not to be left out, Epcot made sure its final came down to the buzzer, as well, and this should mark a triumph for all the folks who say the parks are leaning too heavily toward thrill rides; in what looks like a pretty monumental upset, IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth dispatches the mighty Test Track by a single vote. Test Track had won its first three matches without shifting gears, while IllumiNations had squeezed into this round by barely toppling Spaceship Earth last round. In the end, though, the lights go out for the 2 seed, while IllumiNations will shine on as Epcot's rep in the Resort Semifinals.

(5)IllumiNations 15, (2)Test Track 14

...and so we arrive here: the Final Four. A quartet of contestants have emerged as the champions of their respective parks, and now they will go head-to-head to determine the top attraction of them all. They may not be the names we expected to see here when first we began, but each has defeated four other attractions from their own park to make it here. For any who didn't see the first thread, my method of deciding the matchups from this point was essentially chronology: The two original parks don't meet until the final (if at all), and in the semifinals, the oldest park (MK) plays the newest (AK).

Ladies and gents--the Final Four:

#3 Splash Mountain vs. #2 DINOSAUR
#3 Rock 'n' Roller Coaster vs. #5 IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth

TURKEY

Splash, ROE.

Are you going to go back to the old days of NCAA's and have a consolation match between 3rd & 4th? Please say yes.

danamarie27

I wish I had a virus that could make your computers sing "It's a Small World." I mean the castle just blew me away. Whatever I am over it now:fork: :veryconfu

Here's the picks..

Splash Mountain over that castle bully mansion

Rock n roller coaster over Illuminations:hurl:

Main Street USA

#3 Splash Mountain
#3 Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

I must say this: I believe it was the theming that brought these two rides to the top. Rock -n- Roller coaster certainly is a thrill ride, and as much as I DO NOT want thrill rides to take over WDW, the theming on this ride is just to strong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom