Strike Looming

DBF John

6:00pm est

Orlando Local News is reporting that Union memebers are expected to reject the S/D offer, up-date at 11:00pm est

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I just hope the teamsters don't ask other orlando teamsters to help out.. that'd mean a good chunk of WDW cm's would be gone

Such a joke. I love how people will strike due to a lack of hours when what is going to happen is that it will cause more hardship on the company which will in turn make the company need to cut back more and they will get even less hours or if they are sucessful and force the company to give hours they will have to lay off people to survive.

People *really* need to look at the big picture.

Pioneer Hall

But since the hotels technically aren't Disney this really won't effect their profits that much. They aren't running the hotels, someone else is.

fngoofy

Well,
I think the point of the strike is to ensure that the employees do not bare an unfair portion of the burden. The company knows that it has to deal with these things, this is SOB.

mickeykid79

Eventhough the hotels aren't run by Disney, they do bare the Disney name and most people do consider the hotels part of Disney.Rumors may araise that Disney resort CM are on strike, which will be bad for the company. BTW did you know that Florida residence can stay at Caribbean Beach for $84 starting April 20 - june something, offer is good at coronado and Port orleans too...:eek:

Davis224

"If a strike does occur, we're prepared to continue operating efficiently," she said.

Do people not realize that a strike is something serious. IF they strike there won't be work, people won't want to stay at a hotel if they think the maids and the staff are on strike. This is really ridiculous, talk about mob mentality

Pioneer Hall

They can always find temporary people to do the jobs for the workers on strike. Also I'm sure Disney would lend a helping hand to the resort if there was a strike.

Davis224

That is very true, i'm sure the hotel would be operational...good point!

But still i think the amount of people would still go down at least a little because of the strike, which doesn't help the people that want to work 40 hours a week

Pioneer Hall

I don't like strikes. Especially ones where the people complaining can easily be replaced. In this case Starwood Hotels can probably find other people in the area that want jobs so they can have the money. They won't care whether they work 40 hours a week. So I think for these particular people a strike would really hurt them more than the hotel.

Coronado

Teamsters also drive delivery trucks......vendors need product...especially foods.....IF Swan Dolphin Teamsters Strike... guess who will not cross their picket line? PS.... Did you "create" the avitar you are using DI? If so you have a right to it .... I found mine on a Clip Art web site..... feel free to use my "partners" avitar.....

figmentmom

Are Disney Cast Members unionized? If there is a strike (God forbid) at the Swan and Dolphin, will Disney employees cross picket lines?

Thespis

How many Disney employees would need to cross S/D picket lines in the course of their regular duties? I don't think this is a big deal...
FL is also a "right to work" state. I'm sure there are plenty of non-union trucking companies that would be happy to deliver...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom