Columbus Day Weekend Wdw Photo Update

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
Hello Everyone, I just got back from the world from our annual COLUMBUS DAY WEEKEND trip. This year, it was a trip Full of breakdowns and closures. Please excuse me if I bring up something that was already updated, but I was away and not able to be on wdwmagic for a week!

We'll Start off at EPCOT, where on Friday at park opening the day started off with both Test Track down for rain and Mission Space was down due to a yearly
"planned power outage" to test all of the emergency lighting and systems. The test occured Thursday night around 11:00pm, but the attraction was never back on line for park opening or the rest of the morning. Also Ellen went down for most of the day with "technica problems." Then while were sitting in the glider on Soarin', about 5 seconds from "takeoff", Soarin' went down with audio problems. It was screaching very loudly and blowing liker a siren.

The construction walls that went back up recently are now down with some changes to the river in the front of the Land.
110-1019_IMG.JPG

Current Overall Look
110-1018_IMG.JPG

The construction walls around the jumping fountains at The IMAGINATION Pavilion are also down

110-1029_IMG.JPG

110-1030_IMG.JPG

Nothing New with the former Ice Station Cool, same old construction wall...

More to come...

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
Continued

As I was saying about all of the break downs:
Splash was also down with "technical difficulties"
and was bone dry
110-1058_IMG.JPG

Work continues on the Train Station with more scaffolding-sorry it was a very foggy morning
110-1054_IMG.JPG

These guys were working hard, staring at me as I took this picture
110-1059_IMG.JPG

We went over to MGM for less than an hour for a quick visit to RnRC and ToT
Sorry, I din't have any time to take any pictures there...

I will finally finish with more from AK...

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
Continued

Finally I will Leave you with the very impressive Expedition Everest:

In the distance from ASIA
110-1037_IMG.JPG

75% of the Scaffolting that was there at one point is now gone
110-1042_IMG.JPG

Lots of planting were going in Saturday
110-1040_IMG.JPG

More planting
110-1039_IMG.JPG

And finially planting along the river front
110-1041_IMG.JPG

These pictures are available in the WDWMagic Photoalbums, please feel free to post a LINK on other sites to them.

Enjoy :)

TomorrowlandTyler

Original Poster
Also I forgot to add THE DISNEY MAGICAL EXPRESS GREETERS ARE STILL PRESENT WHERE THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN IN THE TERMINAL right after the security checkpoint, where they have been since the servce started.
(i.e."They Haven't gotton booted out of the terminal yet" for those of you who dont know about the controversy, the taxi drivers, Mears, exct. want them out because they think the get an unfair advantage.)

dploew

Wow...talk about bad luck...I was there 10/2-10/9 and our only problem was getting stuck on TTA for 10 minutes...everything else scheduled to be open was with no problems.

DarkMeasures

I think Everest photos are now and have been a requirement for park updates. Thanks for the pics.

Is Everest the most heavily photographed ride being constructed ever now? I think it may be.

dzlandSr

BeachClub1 said:
As I was saying about all of the break downs:
Splash was also down with "technical difficulties"
and was bone dry
110-1058_IMG.JPG

What day was Splash down? Does anyone know if it is back up and running?:(

JuanD_20k

Splash was running when I was there on the 10th. Everything else was in good form, except Its a Small World was down for a while. Went back up and waited in line for 20 min. I think thats the first time I've actually waited to get on IASW.

MicBat

dzlandSr said:
What day was Splash down? Does anyone know if it is back up and running?:(
Splash Mountain was down on Saturday. I never got to ride it that day. I got up to the FP queue just as they were closing it. :(

celestia

JuanD_20k said:
Splash was running when I was there on the 10th. Everything else was in good form, except Its a Small World was down for a while. Went back up and waited in line for 20 min. I think thats the first time I've actually waited to get on IASW.

Pirates was actually down quite a few times as well this weekend due to technical problems.

dzlandSr

JuanD_20k said:

Splash Mountain was down on Saturday. I never got to ride it that day. I got up to the FP queue just as they were closing it. :(

Thanks for the info! I just don't want to miss riding Splash on our upcoming trip next week as I have been to WDW twice (1996 and 2000) and never rode it (always too chicken) but since I've now rode the one at Disneyland I'm excited to ride this one even though some of the things might not be working I'll probably never know and still enjoy the ride.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i would have to agree..... i bet EE is the most photgraphed attraction during construction.

thanks for the update. sorry about the closings, gotta be frustrating. acouple of trips ago, we showed up and didnt know Horizons was being destroyed, UoE was under refurb, and I think Tt went down about midday. innoventions was getting a new exhibit or it was just a really boring looking one. we were to poor at the time (college students) to get the parkhopper passes, so we had to live with it.

oh well.

ballewclan said:
Ok i have a question, are the plants and grasses on the outside of Splash real? :hammer:

Indeed they are. When do track walks in the morning some 0f them will have flowers on them and we pick them.

As for splash being down. It went down Friday more than once, and saturday atleast once. Im not sure why it went down saturday, but it wasnt down for "technical difficulties" on Friday it was more like guest difficulties. I was finishing my training on Friday and we had to remove guest. On saturday I was on it and we were removed but I was a guest that day, not working.

Since1976

Wow, how is it that so many rides are having technical problems when it's the off-season?

Or does it just seem like a lot? I know a lot of rides go down intentionally for rehab this time of year. Could it be that many of these are just routine maintenance?

I'm going in less than four weeks, and the last thing I want to see are "closed" signs everywhere I go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom