Trip report 02.23.2002

orlpassholder

Original Poster
What a rainy yuckey day to go to MK BUT hey no lines no wait I loved it. I arrived at the parks late long story short traffic+rain equals late. So I did not get to see the last showing of The Legend of The Lion King (oh well I have it on film)

The park was empty to prove so I have included a photo of right when you walk into main street.

The rehab photo I posted in the photos section about the Confectionary being under rehab. (http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5129) I found out is just to clean it up some seems some roof work was needed.

I stopped by the StarLight Cafe (one of my known haunts) for Dinner, and of course I took in Sunny's floor show. BUT I noticed one thing. Slow Florida rain helps you find roof leaks real quick. There was a small drip coming from the ceiling and hitting Sunny's shoulder. DONT WORRY I told a CM, who went to a higher up on it. So hopefully Sunny didnt get too wet/damaged.

Next it was on to Fantasyland. Here is where I love rainy Disney days..... NO LINE for Pooh. I walked right on normal 50 minute wait down to 5 it was nice :) The ride worked fine I didnt see any problem at all. The CM's where Great. I can see the need though for the rehab/air gates safety needs to be in place.

I then went over to the now closed Legend of The Lion King. I took some shots of the queue area, and the posters put front. I hope the new ride lives up to the hype.

I stopped in a shop, and started talking with a CM about the show. They confirmed the last show was at 5:40pm :(

But then we started talking about other things in the park(s), and this CM told me allot which I will not say right now. I need to double check on somethings PLUS come on Steve needs something for an update right :) Needless to say it was a very informative 30 minute chat

I did find out for all you COP and TimeKeeper fans. Both rides are open now on Sundays, and Mondays only this is not a perm time slot but they are open per the CM answering my question about both rides. :sohappy:

Next onto The Haunted Mansion to check out this new tombstone effect. Did it ever live up to my expectation's. I feel it fits in, and looks aged enough to where I would have thought it was there from day1. The ride was smooth, and flawless no problems at all, and the audio for the in-car was perfect.

My final stop for the night was the newly scrubbed Splash Mountain again another GREAT rainy day Disney ride NO WAIT I walked right on. I took allot of pictures, and unfortunaly they didnt turn out good enough for posting here Sorry. The air gates are Great fit right into the decor, and will keep people from jumping into the logs before they stop. I did notice a change though. Before the final plunge didnt Brer Fox use to say "Im just gonna have to roast ya"??? Cause now he says "hangs ya"

The only effect I could see that was not working was Grandpa Frogs in the cave. Oh and the let everyone know the Welcome Back Brer Rabbit sign is at the end of the ride.

Thats it thats my latest trip report. I know not allot done BUT hey I could'nt do everything in the short time I was there :)

Attachments

• empty.jpg
    empty.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 217

SykedOwt

They also did do a couple of other things to Splash Mountain since the rehab. I was there on 2.21.02 and this is what I noticed, The Water doesnt "jump" over the logs in the scene before you go up for the big drop, it just goes up and comes down in the same place. It also appears as though they added some extra rocks so the splash hits off it and when you sit in the front you get considerably more wet:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom