PhD family trip to Vero Beach DVC

Hi there, we just got back from our 1st trip to DVC Vero Beach resort, and I am just in love with it. I am so happy this is another option for DVC owners. For our family and our needs it ended up being the perfect trip. Everything was so close and convenient. It was so lovely and our DD had so much fun. For anyone who wonders what a visit at VB resort is like, here it is. May 2-7, Sunday- Friday. What deal too. Only 50 points for an Inn Ocean view room.

Who went: Hubby Mr. PhD age 33, Me Mrs. PhD, age 33 and currently 27 weeks pregnant, and DD little PhD just over 3 years old. We flew in to Orlando from Detroit and were so excited to be there we took the rental car to Y&BC resort for lunch at Beaches and Cream. We rented from national and that turned out to be very convenient (got a good deal of 142.00 including all the FLA and Orlando taxes.) We even picked out a bright blue PT cruiser, just for fun, and it was. (so different then our tan sedan at home.) DD was all excited about being in Orlando and seeing WDW, but we reminded her we were going to the beach this time. After a great lunch at Beaches and Cream we were ready to explore some, but DD asked to go to the beach now. We did something else we have never done before (since we always take a town car from the airport) and tried the WDW Disney outlet near DTD. That was great. I will always do that from now on. We got a 26$ Disney Bear for 6$ and a ton of other stuff. I heard after the fact that the other 2 stores have even more stuff, so next trip we are hitting them too. We headed out to VB and when we passed the airport my hubby commented that we had never been east of it before, well we soon learned, there isn’t much east of it. It was a nice trip and DD stayed up the whole way (I can’t believe that.) We went through a major rainstorm on the way there, but it was clear by time we got there. Check in was great (inn room, 2327, right above the Green Cabin Room.) Full view of the ocean and right close by everything. We were very pleased with the room. DD saw other kids playing on the lawn and was dying to go run with them too. We headed up highway 1 to Pulix in Sebasin and I did the shopping while DD sleep in the car with Hubby. We ended up with frozen dinners in the room that night, not exciting but did the job. Glad we stopped to shop on the way in because the store at VB was not big enough for me to get my Disney fix! Visited the beach and explored the resort. It was a bit windy and stayed that way for the next couple days.

The next day we headed out to the beach. We noticed the work on the board walk and needing your key cards to get in, but since it was our 1st trip we didn’t know this was all new! Little PhD had a ball playing in the sand and waves and building castles with Dad. I really wish the chairs there were like the pool, 1st come 1st serve. I just can’t see spending the $ to sit on it for a few hours. Having said that who knew sand was so hard? Especially on a pregnant butt! We loved how easy it was to just rinse the sand off and head over to the pool for the rest of the day. DD really liked the pool, and all the noodles and balls they had just laying around. Being shy of water splashed in her face she didn’t enjoy the kiddy water slide as much as she would of it if it didn’t have so much water spraying on it. She loved the playground, and putt putt golf. We played a few times and they never charged us (once was on Wednesday, member day, but the other times weren’t.)

We took full atvange of the VCR in every room, free viedo rental and being able to check out games from Eb and Flows. DD also partiscipated in many of the activies for her age (I was worried there won’t be too many since she was under 4, but there was.) We did the Unbrithday party, and the camp fire, both were very nice. I treated myself to a great message, while DD napped on afternoon.

The next couple days were like that, beach in morning, pool afternoon, nap, resort activities, hanging out. Headed out to visit VB and Dinner at Captain Harims, visited the mall and outlet mall once (left DD new bathing suits at home, you always have to forget something every trip.

Everything was just so easy. The staff was great and really friendly. The only problem with our room was some nights it was a bit noisy with the music from the Green Cabin room. One night I called at 11:00 asking when it would stop. The CM said that the music was scheduled to play until 11:30, but he would call and ask them to turn it down. They did, but I was a little surprised that they would play it that loud in a hotel lobby so close to so many rooms. I was surprised how far away from Vero Beach the resort really is (about 8 miles north of it.) But it was easy to get around. We saved a lot on food over at WDW vacation, eating in the room and other places. Had take out Pizza one night, and ate at shutters a few times. Treated ourselves to Mickey ice cream sandwiches nightly.

We stopped at DTD on our way to the airport on the last day. We tried to get in SSR, but we drove since we only had an ½ hour before we wanted to head to the airport, and they wouldn’t let us in, stating all open house tours started at the West end of DTD. There wasn’t even a sign up. It most of what you could see from the road and the water looked unfinished. I wanted to get a look at the pool, but I guess there is always next year.

If you haven’t tried VB, go for it. It is a great way to relax. Every bit a wonderful Disney quailty resort, but at the beach.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom