MK flag at half-staff on 9/11/03

Sean23

Original Poster
Magic Kingdom flag at Half-Staff. I have never seen the parks this empty, everything was just about walk on.

187FLAG3.jpg

187FLAG2.jpg

187FLAG1.jpg

187FLAG4.jpg

This is the sign in front of Swiss Family Robinson Tree house that is down for rehab.

187SFRCONST1.jpg

This is the sign in front of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. The cast member there said it would most likely reopen on November 20 something, I forgot the exact date he said.

187BTMRRSIGN.jpg

jcamacam

That just goes to show you that Disney is a class act (OK, maybe I'm a little biased).

One of the things I love about Disney is how much they show their patriotism and love of their country (as Walt did). Flying the flag at half staff shows respect for those who died as well.

MonkeyHead

Originally posted by jcamacam
That just goes to show you that Disney is a class act (OK, maybe I'm a little biased).

You know, I love Disney just as much as everyone else, but EVERYONE lowered their freakin flags today.

I mean, honestly, when every other business and public facility is doing the same, did you think they were going to forego it?

MicBat

Thanks for sharing the pics, Sean!!

Definite thread drift here, but I'm guess you took those pics with your camera phone... am I right? :lol:

jcamacam

monkeyhead wrote...
"You know, I love Disney just as much as everyone else, but EVERYONE lowered their freakin flags today.

I mean, honestly, when every other business and public facility is doing the same, did you think they were going to forego it?"

Sure, banks and government offices and the like...but, I will concede if you tell me otherwise but...does Universal even DISPLAY an American flag????

monkeyhead wrote...
"You know, I love Disney just as much as everyone else, but EVERYONE lowered their freakin flags today.

I mean, honestly, when every other business and public facility is doing the same, did you think they were going to forego it?"

Sure, banks and government offices and the like...but, I will concede if you tell me otherwise but...does Universal even DISPLAY an American flag????

Why must everything be compared between Disney VS. Universal. Two diffrent parks. Two diffrent ways of doing business. For the record. Disney is an american park. Disney has it roots in American culture. Unviersal comes from the land of hollywood and movies. Not 100% of Universal Stuidos orgins.(Right now till it is sold or merged... the owners are French)So yes yippie Disney had the staff had half mass. Which was the nobel thing to do. But I would felt more of inpact if Disney World or Disney Land(more Disney Land on this one)had the flags at half mass after the accident on Big Thunder Railroad.

jcamacam

I compared it to Universal because MonkeyHead made the statement that ALL businesses had their flag at half staff that day.

I was simply trying to point out that not all businesses did.

I agree about the BTMRR accident. It would have been appropriate for them to fly at half staff for that reason as well.

I DO think that Disney makes an extra effort to display their patriotism.

prberk

I agree about the BTMRR accident. It would have been appropriate for them to fly at half staff for that reason as well.

Actually, it is inappropriate to lower the American flag for anything other than for mourning of a national nature. It represents the nation in mourning for a loss.

It is flag etiquette and has more to do with the symbolism of the nation in mourning (and loss of a leader or distinguished servant) than with all individual deaths, although each is tragic in itself.

It is not perfect, but it is nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom