Next Wave of Walt Disney Treasure's will be....

orlpassholder

Original Poster
Walt Disney on the Front Lines

The Chronological Donald

Mickey Mouse in Living Color 2

Walt Disney's Tomorrowland

These titles will be for sale on 12/2 of this year just in time for Xmas

meowthew

Here's the official description:

"Walt Disney was a true visionary, and his most far-reaching vision examined the future. During the 1950s, his investigation into space exploration and the wondrous opportunities and challenges of space travel not only came alive in several Disneyland TV shows, but helped create strong public support for The United States space program. Go back in time to the beginning of the future and enjoy four episodes and a theatrical short that delve into the mysteries of the universe and space travel -- "Man In Space," "Man And The Moon," "Mars And Beyond," "Eyes In Outer Space," and "Our Friend The Atom." You'll also get a rare look at Walt's last film, "Epcot," in which he reveals his concepts and plans for the Disney World and EPCOT projects. Other not-to-be-missed features include a special interview with noted futurist and author Ray Bradbury. Featuring exclusive introductions by film historian Leonard Maltin, this is a timeless collection from generations past for generations to come."

Source: http://www.animatedbliss.com/news.asp?TID=821

UltimateDisney.com also has images of the disc art.

prberk

YEAH! That means the EPCOT Film will be on it!!!

Walt's description of "The Florida Project" will finally be released!!!

All WDW fans should know about this!!!!

Yeah!!!!!! I can't wait!

MKCustodial

Originally posted by prberk
YEAH! That means the EPCOT Film will be on it!!!

Walt's description of "The Florida Project" will finally be released!!!

All WDW fans should know about this!!!!

Yeah!!!!!! I can't wait!

To me, that's kind of a rip-off. I mean, I'm still waiting for the "Walt Disney World" Treasure, with whatever footage they can get, plus whatever specials WDW had on TV. And if they're releasing that EPCOT film as part of Tomorrowland, I don't think they'd add it again to a WDW Treasure, which pretty much means there won't be one. Hence, the rip-off. :mad:

prberk

Originally posted by MKCustodial
To me, that's kind of a rip-off. I mean, I'm still waiting for the "Walt Disney World" Treasure, with whatever footage they can get, plus whatever specials WDW had on TV. And if they're releasing that EPCOT film as part of Tomorrowland, I don't think they'd add it again to a WDW Treasure, which pretty much means there won't be one. Hence, the rip-off. :mad:

I can see your point. I believe it ought to be included in both, and that there ought to be a WDW Treasures set.

But the truth is that it was Walt's futurism that led to the inspiration for WDW. It is hard to distinguish, because it is part of a larger pattern...

Still cartoons ... silent animation ... talking animation ... color animation ... feature animation ... live-action features ... television ... color television.... Disneyland (movie sets brought to life, and some fantasy and futurism) ... audioanimatronics ... the space age (and Walt's films about it) ... more futurism (1964 World's Fair) and exploration of the past ... EPCOT ... The Florida Project ...

He was going toward a true vision of the future. Only the company eventually helped the project evolve to something different.

I would like to see both Treasures, and the EPCOT film in both.

Of course, I will be curious to see if they release the whole thing... would they want everyone to really know Walt's true vision and compare it to the theme park that it became?

But, anyhoo... at least the EPCOT film is being released.

meowthew

Given the weak sales of the Disneyland Treasures set, I don't think Disney's in any rush to get a WDW set out. Besides, there's really not that much early WDW material to use. Besides the EPCOT film there's "Project: Florida", "The Grand Opening of Walt Disney World" and "The Magic of Walt Disney World".

Well, I guess they could include the 70s TV specials about WDW -- "The Magic of Walt Disney World" (Extended), "Welcome to the World", "The Mouseketeers at WDW" and "Christmas at WDW" -- although that would be pushing it, since the last three were essentially variety shows that used WDW as an incidental background setting.

TURKEY

Originally posted by meowthew
Given the weak sales of the Disneyland Treasures set, I don't think Disney's in any rush to get a WDW set out. Besides, there's really not that much early WDW material to use. Besides the EPCOT film there's "Project: Florida", "The Grand Opening of Walt Disney World" and "The Magic of Walt Disney World".

Well, I guess they could include the 70s TV specials about WDW -- "The Magic of Walt Disney World" (Extended), "Welcome to the World", "The Mouseketeers at WDW" and "Christmas at WDW" -- although that would be pushing it, since the last three were essentially variety shows that used WDW as an incidental background setting.

I would think that it would be the opposite. I think there would be more demand for WDW than Disneyland. Even though it started with Disneyland, I think WDW is more popular and more guests have been exposed and visited WDW, therefore making it more popular.

Nineinchnailsmk

I would love to see a WDW Treasure. I guess you would think that they would release a WDW version only because (in my opinion) WDW is by far more popular than Disneyland.

I would like to see Opening celebrations (for all 4 parks) and some behind the scenes stuff.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

MKCustodial

Well, I'm stumped.

I've had MMLC 2 and Donald on pre-order since late September/early October. Amazon estimated shipping would be on Dec. 3, and that's what still says on my Account Info.
BUT on the tins' pages it says they'll be released on May 4th, following the rumors Ultimate Disney posted last week.
So what's the deal here? I sure am peeved! If it was indeed delayed, not only Amazon has my purchase info wrong, they haven't even been kind enough to send an e-mail explaining the problem! :mad:

doctor tigger

If you check out the Disney Store web-site, they have them listed as being available in December---but they are not available to pre-order through Disney. Go figure---it just gets curiouser and curiouser.

WDWspider

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I would think that it would be the opposite. I think there would be more demand for WDW than Disneyland. Even though it started with Disneyland, I think WDW is more popular and more guests have been exposed and visited WDW, therefore making it more popular.

I agree... WDW would sell signifigantly higher. There is a lot of material for WDW treasures. Much more than previously listed. Enough to do 2 sets if they wanted. The second could even have one disc with TV specials.

prberk

Originally posted by doctor tigger
If you check out the Disney Store web-site, they have them listed as being available in December---but they are not available to pre-order through Disney. Go figure---it just gets curiouser and curiouser.

Check again. Now they have taken them completely off the "Release Calendar" list, where they once were..... I wonder what is happening!

(It also seems that the company just doesn't even try to promote the classic live-action stuff anymore, anyway.... sigh)

MKCustodial

Originally posted by prberk
Check again. Now they have taken them completely off the "Release Calendar" list, where they once were..... I wonder what is happening!

(It also seems that the company just doesn't even try to promote the classic live-action stuff anymore, anyway.... sigh)

I wish someone would come forth and explain what the heck is going on. It's very frustrating, really. Those tins were gonna be my Xmas present, and if they ain't coming out I wanna know so I can get something else.

prberk

Hey, Griz! How do you know? What is your source?

If this is true, that s--ks! I was really looking forward to the Tomorrowland and Disney at War boxes. You personally know how much I have been looking for the EPCOT film that was to be included!

Argghh!

Oh, well....

I have waited this long...

:veryconfu

WDWspider

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
They were pushed back all the way to March. Argh.

Amazon is saying May 4th! Are you sure it's March? I have an order with another online site as well, I'll see what it says.

Boy, I have seen lots of pre-orders through Ebay... lots of complaints coming up I see. :lol:

Edit:
They are still saying Dec. 2, but that doesn't surprise me with this company... they have awesome prices but everything else suffers (including shipping times and user friendliness) so the info not up to date is expected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom