Pal Mickey!

skipperg

Original Poster
We got here (WDW) on Friday and I decided on Saturday to get a Pal Mickey for our Grand Children. This thing is a BLAST!

I think I like it better than the kids. It updates itself when you go through the Entrance to each park and it gives information about everything in the parks.

WDWFanatic

Yeah my parents went down this week and they said it was really cool. They are fed exing me one so I can play with it and they won't have to take it on the plane.
i hear it shakes when it gets to things he is afraid of and he "sees" where you are. If you dont want him to keep talking you put him in your bag an he will be quiet.

Dwarful

how much is it to rent one? Don't really see the point in that unless its super cheap. Otherwise buy it then you'll always have it.

WDWspider

They are really promoting Pal Mickey at the parks, especially in front of the Animal Kingdom. Guy says "You heard of Pal Mickey?" I said "Yes." He procedes to tell me about him anyway. He then says "Do you know he updates automatically and can tell you jokes and things at home?" Again, I reply "Yes." He presses him to prove it and explains it furthur anyway. :lol:

The hardest thing to do is get upset at any Disney Cast Member, they are just so dog gone nice you don't want to hurt their feelings, but I guess he didn't believe me when I said i already knew all about him. :D We did not buy one, but I saw many guests with one. They do seem entertaining, he just would not have helped us much in our tight schedule and short trip.

I soo can't wait for Pal Mickey's assistance during my next Disneyworld holiday. What a guy :lol:

Or, as I often refer to Mickey as, little guy.

I'm definately gonna buy rather than rent.

Dayma

We saw a lot of them last week when we were there. Only one problem I saw was that we were in Universe of Energy and sombodys Mickey kept talking and talking and talking... eventually they left the ride since it would not stop...

Hank Scorpio

Does anyone know if you just rent him for the day? Or can you rent him for the duration of your stay in wdw?

Also how much is it to rent?

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
Does anyone know if you just rent him for the day? Or can you rent him for the duration of your stay in wdw?

Also how much is it to rent?

I heard is $8.00 a day or $50 to buy it it depends how long you will be there that it will be cheaper

mkymaus

Account Suspended
I know you can prepurchase him online....its a few dollars more, if you cant wait to get him or if your (god forbid) not going down to DW!

I will try to find the link and post it...

Dayma

I heard is $8.00 a day or $50 to buy it it depends how long you will be there that it will be cheaper

I was there last week and didnt see any place to rent them. They sure werent pushing rentals if they were any.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by mkymaus
I know you can prepurchase him online....its a few dollars more, if you cant wait to get him or if your (god forbid) not going down to DW!

I will try to find the link and post it...

Buying him online, however, will cost you more than 50 bucks. And that isn't because of shipping. Some sites are charging as much as $89.99 for Pal BEFORE shipping. Pretty ridiculous to pay an extra 40 or 50 bucks to get him at home when his main feature won't even be active.

Just my opinion, though, so if you feel the need for one before you go, spend away!:)

tiggerlover1971

Originally posted by blackride
I was there last week and didnt see any place to rent them. They sure werent pushing rentals if they were any.

its probably at guest services or at the place where you get the wheelchairs and strollers

WEDMagic

Pal Mickey...hes the talk of the park!

We'll they are renting him at a few locations but arent really pushing it guests are buying him more often, he is rented at the outpost shops at DAK, we got him out there last thursday, He's rather useful and his uses will be expanding at some point he will know guests names where theyre staying and much more. You can learn a whole lot from him that you never new about the park even, you trivia buffs. At DAK He is rather useful in the animal areas his total purchase price with tax is $50.00 or if you do want to rent him he has a fifty dollar deposit and is 8 bucks a day to rent him up to seven days, after seven you own him. They sell tham at Most of the major shops in the parks, and the resort hotels he is still in rollout so hell be everywhere soon including Disneyland.......hey spider-man do you remember that castmembers name or description?

thanks

sillyspook13

Originally posted by blackride
You can rent them at any resort and at select locations in all four parks. :)

I bought one last weekend, and he's so cute!I've been playing "That isn't Here" whenever I'm bored.:animwink:

Dayma

I am just saying that they need to advertise this thing more. It should be on there resort channels also. How are people suposed to know about it? If I was an average "joe" I would have walked right by it in the stores as just another stuffed animal.

gjpjtj

I read PalMickey tells you if there is a short wait time for certain attractions. Has anyone found this to be accurate, and useful? Or does everyone with a Pal, run over to that ride at the same time?

CamCodey

We just got back from WDW this past Sunday am. I really wanted to get PalMickey, but spent $$$ on Star Wars pins, so we'll save him for our next trip.

One neat idea that I saw, though! :)
A woman had him attached to a strap that she had near her head, so that when he had something to say she could easily pull him to her ear without removing him. Many people had him attached to their waste and then had to hunch over to hear him. This looked really smart & convenient.

Can't wait until our next trip to get ours!!
:sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom