My final reservation set up

jaw62901

After much going back and forth deciding between Dreams Unlimited and going directly through Disney, I have finally finalized my reservations for for my Dec 26 to Jan 3. I will be traveling by myself if that makes a difference.

I will be staying with Dreams Unlimited with a reservation at CBR in a standard, non-smoking room at the Jamaca building with a mini-fridge and the silver dream makers package. Final cost should have it around $2547.80.

I sat down and figured out the price difference with a CBR reservation alone and everything seperate vs. CBR with silver dream maker package:

Magical Wishes:

With me having (2) magical wishes per day, it is hard to calculate the amount these are worth. However if 14 are used for food and two are used to for Cirque du Soleil® La Nouba then my best guess, is that they would be worth roughly between $15-$30 per meal depending on where you eat or if they are dinner shows (might be more)(14) + between $72 & $82 for La Nouba = around +/- $502.

Also, I may use a couple of the wishes for tours instead of meals, so the amount may be higher.

Park Tickets:

According to many sites, an Ultimate Park Hopper® 8-Night Ticket is around 369.

Room:

For 8 nights Dec 26 to Jan 3 at CBR with a standard bed, non-smoking, Jamaica building and with a mini-fridge comes out to 1641.28.

The same set up, but with the silver package comes to 2547.80

Final total's:

Room and everything seperate = 2512.28

Dream maker silver package with room + $2547.80

Difference: I will be paying roughly $35.52 more with the package.

Please give me your feed back on what everyone thinks

Thanks again,

Jason

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I usally caculated for food on wishes at $15-$20 for breakfast, $35-$45 for dinners.

From what I've seen, the silver wishes are worth about $38 each. So you can use that number to figure out if you are saving/wasting money.

La Nouba B class tickets break even on costs, A class though you do save a few dollars, but I personally like the B seating area, you can see more of whats going on.

If you are not going to do anything at all other than food with your wishes (and the La Nouba), you'll probebly spend more on the Silver than you get out of it. You'll have to eat at all the better places and get the expensive meals to really break even.

But, if you use a few of the other perks on the plan, like the spa, tours, recreation, you can easily see the worth in the silver plans.

We used a silver type plan last year. We also used the points for tours, so we broke even Well not all true, Disney didn't charge us a few times so we got "extra" points, and that deff. made it worth it.

I'm looking at the Silver and Gold plans this year. We are doing three of the tours, La Nouba, and maybe taking advantage of some of the other perks (spa, golf, etc),so we may do gold instead. It's $139 a night + the base package, and so far I can only see spending about $102 per day right now, so the package cost me $37 more a day than cash.

Are the extras worth it...maybe. Nice to know everything is pre-paid.

Upvote 0

bhg469

Originally posted by jaw62901
After much going back and forth deciding between Dreams Unlimited and going directly through Disney, I have finally finalized my reservations for for my solo trip Dec 26 to Jan 3.

I will be staying with Dreams Unlimited with a reservation at CBR in a standard, non-smoking room at the Jamaca building with a mini-fridge and the silver dream makers package. Final cost should have it around $2547.80.

how many are going in your party? i am planning to go with just my girlfriend and i, we are going to stay at the coronado which is the same price resort, unless we still get the deal from our disney visa where we can stay at AKL for 169 a night. we were also planning on the silver dreammaker package.

Upvote 0

wdwforus

When we went last year it was under the old system of Magical Wishes and I cant say we saved any money with the more expensive package at all. We are 2 adults and 8 & 6 yr old girls and we had 3 character meals. The total price of all our wishes meals which was for a 4 night stay was $450. The character meal at Chef Mickeys was $70. We did eat at some places that we probably wouldnt have if it werent for the wishes like the Brown Derby but I cant see paying $70 for pizza, chic nuggets and fries for the girls. The rest of the food there wasnt that good at Chef Mickeys either. We were told it was one of the best meals but we thought the Crystal Palace was awesome. I know we can eat alot cheaper over our next stay which will be at least 7 nights than the $67 a night for adults and $54 a night for kids they want to charge.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

While I can't make the add-on packages "work" for my family, it's truly a case of personal preference.

One tip I heard was to pay cash for children's meals, and save their "wishes" for something else. Because you are right, it's a lot of money for chicken nuggets.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom