Indiana Jones

Al

Original Poster
Is it just me...............or is this the best ride ever!?

The whole family LOVED it!!! It must have been one of the most visually impressive rides I have ever been on! The effects were brilliant! When this big boulder headed straight for us...............we were worried! lol!!!:lol:

The sooner WDW gets this ride, the better!!!!

One word to describe it....WOW.

One thing, just as the ride starts, where do the other 2 doors lead to?

WAY TO GO DISNEY!!! (again!) :sohappy:

The_CEO

Originally posted by Alberrisford
Is it just me...............or is this the best ride ever!?

The whole family LOVED it!!! It must have been one of the most visually impressive rides I have ever been on! The effects were brilliant! When this big boulder headed straight for us...............we were worried! lol!!!:lol:

One thing, just as the ride starts, where do the other 2 doors lead to?

WAY TO GO DISNEY!!! (again!) :sohappy:

Yes very nice.... Maybe it will come to wdw ;)

Umm.. The other two doors are just reflections of the real door :)

Pretty cool huh!?! :)

Al

Original Poster
Re: Re: Indiana Jones

Originally posted by the_ceo_at_wdw
Yes very nice.... Maybe it will come to wdw ;)

Umm.. The other two doors are just reflections of the real door :)

Pretty cool huh!?! :)

wow! :eek: :eek:

Thats amazing!!!! They looked like real doors!?

I heard somewhere that they lead to a different story on the ride, and you could get any route, is that a lie? :)

The_CEO

Not entirely....

Each door "leads" to a sequence.. If you get the wealth door.. The chamber past the door is golden and shows riches...

If its to see the future.. Then the chamber has diffrent effects to make it look like a diffrent chamber.

They have lights that shine on the doors to make them look diffrent.. I do belive the mirrors move around while you go through them to make it look like you are moving left or right..

DCA Fan

It is the best ride ever. no doubt.

Here's how the door effect works. There are 5 doors on a track, 2 hidden from you. The chamber is stationary, and as ceo said, has different effects. The sequence is planned in this case, I've asked various CM's what room I'd be entering and they'd always say the correct one.

The_CEO

Originally posted by DCA Fan
It is the best ride ever. no doubt.

Here's how the door effect works. There are 5 doors on a track, 2 hidden from you. The chamber is stationary, and as ceo said, has different effects. The sequence is planned in this case, I've asked various CM's what room I'd be entering and they'd always say the correct one.

Question- Do the walls move while you go toward it? Because it always seems like you are turning towards that door. Thanks!

BRER STITCH

I AGREE!!
I went to DL for the first time last year and LOVED this ride!
I'd like to see it compliment the Stunt "Crap-tacular" at WDW once it is made SPEC-tacular again!!!
What a ONE/TWO punch that would be for Indy fans!!!!

Hey....with the next movie installment on the way, now is the time!

:sohappy:

DCA Fan

Question- Do the walls move while you go toward it? Because it always seems like you are turning towards that door. Thanks!
I believe so, that would be how you get the illusion of turning toward the door.

FUN FACT: The ball room is actually a telescoping room. "Is this room actually stretching?" YES!

The_CEO

The Rolling Ball sequence on INDI is a very cool effect..

The scenery around the car is actually moving FORWARD and Up making enough clearance for the EMV to decend to the G Level..

If you look at the ground when your in the ball room.. You will notice your not moving at all..:)

FUN FACT- If you were really moving backwards.. The ride would shut it's self down automatically.. Any detection of the change in forward movement is an auto shut down.

Al

Original Poster
The Rolling Ball sequence on INDI is a very cool effect..

The scenery around the car is actually moving FORWARD and Up making enough clearance for the EMV to decend to the G Level..

If you look at the ground when your in the ball room.. You will notice your not moving at all..:)

FUN FACT- If you were really moving backwards.. The ride would shut it's self down automatically.. Any detection of the change in forward movement is an auto shut down.

are you being serious!? thats amazing!!!

Anyone else know any more secrets about this ride?

CAPTAIN HOOK

Perhaps it will replace the stunt show at WDW - read on line that the the Stunt Spectacular is suspended while the stage is used for cheer leading championships !!!!!

DCA Fan

are you being serious!? thats amazing!!!

Anyone else know any more secrets about this ride?
:D What do you need to know?

RANDOM FACTS:
> The ball originally rolled toward you. Later, they put the ball on a stick, as it is now.
> The skeleton that jumps out at you is called Mr. Bones
> In the queue, PULL THE POLE! DON'T ASK QUESTIONS, JUST DO IT. I'm not going to say what happens, lest I ruin the surprise for others.

The_CEO

Here a made a diagram of how the original sequence worked.. The ball rolls on an access. :) The shell is lifted to make room for the EMV to travel under it. :)

The_CEO

Each of the 16 troop transport vehicles weighs in at 12,800 pounds (without guests).

There are over 168,000 square feet of hand-carved surfaces adorning the cavernous creation with 55 hand-painted murals throughout.

Over 2,000 replicated human skulls are used inside the temple chambers.

The main show scene at the center of the attraction, known as the "Cavern of Bubbling Death," measures 100 x 140 x 50 feet.

In the "Observatory of the Future" your vehicle will pass beneath a field of 5,000 fiber optic stars.

Wind speeds inside the Mummy Chamber rush up to 60 mph as guests try to escape the wrath of Mara.

Over 1,300 props are used to highlight the story of Indiana Jones, including the vehicle displayed in the base camp. This was the actual troop transport used for the daring chase scene in the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Over 600 strobes are used to simulate lightning in the "Tunnel of Torment."

By the power of Mara's wrath, 60 pounds of rubble can fall inside the temple every 18 seconds.

The show building for the adventure is over 2,200,000 cubic feet, that's large enough to hold 12 MD80 passenger aircraft.

It takes 14 Disneyland Cast Members to operate this Adventureland attraction.

The exterior temple structure, visible from the "Jungle Cruise" and the Indiana Jones base camp, towers four stories above the excavation site.

The Rolling Boulder used in the finale measures 16 feet in diameter.

As part of the attraction, there are over 2,129 sculpted, carved, painted or living representations of snakes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom