New "Land" in Animal Kingdom

Imagineer Jer

Original Poster
Hey!~
I have recently heard that they are finishing developing the new "land" at Disney's Animal Kingdom. I know what most of you guyz are thinking, this guy is a fruit cake, but it is true. Alot of people vist Animal Kingdom every year some are impressed and others not so impressed. That is why they keep adding on "lands" and features to draw more people into the park. The new land is called "Austrailia", to help adding on to all the continents. This new "Land" is suppose to be awsome with a neat ride and a "Roller Coaster", along with one or two restaurants. I can't wait! They have not started construction yet but they may start as soon as late fall, early winter of 2003. ºoº

ToTBellHop

That would be fabulous and all, but that is one of the two lands that has been rumored since the park opened...and it even has land cleared for it...but that land continues to sit...but, I'll stay optimistic as I await an official press release. At least it is good to hear a rumor about Animal Kingdom...it was pretty quiet for a while...which is bad...at least when the rumor mill is churning, something is probably in the works...and this park needs a LOT...Disney has been rather stupid with it, ignoring what a new park needs.

Imagineer Jer

Original Poster
Originally posted by mktiggerman
until I see a construction equipment, I refuse to believe it

Hey!
Thats ok that you arn't believing me now, i mean I can't blame yah. But yes, it is the next land that is comming out for the Animal Kingdom, and is almost gaurenteed to have a Big Coaster in it. If I get any photos of construction or anything, I will let you know! Keep up the good site and thank you!

SpongeScott

Jeremy,

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but where are you getting your information? mktiggerman is a CM, is extremely reliable on his info that he gives. I tend to agree with him; when we see shovels, we'll agree it's happening. Who's your source?

Imagineer Jer

Original Poster
Originally posted by sandjhooker
Jeremy,

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but where are you getting your information? mktiggerman is a CM, is extremely reliable on his info that he gives. I tend to agree with him; when we see shovels, we'll agree it's happening. Who's your source?

Hey!
Hey, that is ok. I don't mine that you may not agree with me. I understand that. I was just walking around the resort at Vero Beach in August and i happend to see a person at the beach. We had a couple of things to talk about and b 4 you know it, he told me he was a cast member. So I started to ask him questions about a couple of things on my mine about disney, and he answered them the best he could. This just happened to be one of the questions. So I could say I got my information from a castmember at Disney's Vero Beach , while both of us were on vacation. That is where I got this information from. ºoº

jaylenofan86

:lol: Cast Members will say anything to interest someone. Remember that one rumor about Disney building an all roller coaster theme park!:D :lol:

Mirage

I heard about the Australia land too, that it was gonna be built near Africa.

I also heard that Memorial Day is the likely opening date for Mission Space

AliciaLuvzDizne

im not even gonna take sides or speculate or anything about this new land
all im gonna do is excersize my amazing memory
wasnt there a thread a while back...a bunch of people heard chainsaws or something in AK?

ToTBellHop

Don't trust everything you hear from Cast Members. The Cast Member who ran my Backstage Safari in 2000 also told us construction was underway for Australia. Of course, we all believed him, cuz we were at the back of the park, where they keep the elephants, and you could see where the new land will eventually be, and there were bull-dozers clearing it...of course, he didn't tell us they would stop for 3+ years after clearing it to let the grass grow back...who knows, it could be disney's sixth golf course...

I've been a cast member for almost ten years now and if I had a dollar for every rumor I've heard that fizzled into nothing...I'm with mktiggerman on this one...until I see construction (and I work at AK, so I would) I'm not holding my breath!

Tim G

Originally posted by Imagineer Jer
Hey!~
I have recently heard that they are finishing developing the new "land" at Disney's Animal Kingdom. I know what most of you guyz are thinking, this guy is a fruit cake, but it is true. Alot of people vist Animal Kingdom every year some are impressed and others not so impressed. That is why they keep adding on "lands" and features to draw more people into the park. The new land is called "Austrailia", to help adding on to all the continents. This new "Land" is suppose to be awsome with a neat ride and a "Roller Coaster", along with one or two restaurants. I can't wait! They have not started construction yet but they may start as soon as late fall, early winter of 2003. ºoº

Sorry to say, You've heard wrong....

pheneix

Austrailia has already been rumored, developed, greenlit, and killed...

Right now the project everybody is hot on is Forbidden Mountain (heck, even I think this ride could be a hit), from park management at AK to the Imagineers, a lot of people would like to see this ride get built. A lot of people already think that it is a done deal, in fact.

Here's the catch- There is no way in hell that Burbank will greenlight a project of this magnitude (think on the scale of Mysterious Island at DisneySea).

BigNorm

Australia before Beastly Kingdom?

If this does happen it wouldn't hurt AK at all. I'd love to see some really cool kangaroos and finally a Rescuers attraction. :sohappy: That last part is just fancy completely made up by me, but I think it would be a cool thing. My one question is does anyone else think Disney would build an Australia "land" before Beastly Kingdom made its appearance in AK? After all, the dragon is apart of the Animal Kingdom logo. Does anyone else smell a Troll?

I don't think I'm alone when I say that Beastly Kingdom is pretty much just a fantasy as of now--either that, or completely dead. I'm almost positive that AK will get SOME form of new attraction this year, but beastly is probably no more than just wishful thinking unfortunately. I'd be delighted, however, to be completely proven wrong and blown away by Disney if they were to go ahead with the plans. I mean, this idea has been constantly discussed over and over, and I'm not saying that it's not still a possibility, I'm just trying to emphasize that its not probable that we'll ever see any sort of mythically themed land in the near future that we've ever imagined.

sillyspook13

Originally posted by mktiggerman
until I see a construction equipment, I refuse to believe it
Yep. I'd even settle for the management telling me about it.

And if it does happen, I'm not about to risk my job for the sake of photographing it.

WDWKing

As much as I'd love to believe this rumor(Australia/Beastly), I've heard it a hundred times and nothing. As for my family we love this park and its a 'must do' as it is.

Now as for this Forbidden Mountain thing.....
What is it?
How much % of the rumors are complete BS?
Does it exist, or is it a project that has long been shelved and we are now finding out about it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom