Have you been in a Parade?

GalacticGobbler

Original Poster
Has anyone been in one of the parades?

We got a chance to be in Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade @ Animal Kingdom. It was a blast. You don't realize how many people are watching until you go the whole route. Anyway we were on Rafiki's wagon(which was the first float) and when we rounded the corner I was shocked by all the people.

Here are some pics from the float. Sorry about the picture quality, but they gave us a disposable camera that was just ok.

Attachments

• rafiki.jpg
    rafiki.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 154

GalacticGobbler

Original Poster
If you are ever in Harambe at about 2:00pm and you see this fellow walking around with a clipboard, and you want to be in the parade, then he is the guy.

He is super nice and i think his name was Pat.

Attachments

• pat.jpg
    pat.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 150

Maria

I haven´t been on a float, but I used to walk with other Guest Relations hosts at the end of Tapestry dancing with the characters. It was fun doing it and waving our "lightsabers" to the rythm! I noticed how much fun I was having, when one night, by coincidence, a couple of my friends from home were in Orlando and saw me. I heard my name in the crowd and saw them waving at me! :)

sillyspook13

Yeah..... I managed to hitch a ride in my favorite parade once.

Here I am hitching a ride.............:animwink: :lol:

Attachments

• spooky3.jpg
    spooky3.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 91

orangefan15

Haven't been in a parade, but I think that would be a ton of fun.

Last week I was an extra in the Indy Stunt show at MGM. That was a ton of fun. I got to "shop for rugs". Don't have the picture developed yet though.

SpongeScott

I was in a parade a LONG, LONG time ago. Back in April of 1978, our high school band was invited to play in a daytime parade. We had all of our stuff over near FrontierLand, probably in the vicinity of where Splash Mountain is now. We had free passes for everyone, but our time was very limited. We marched, played a few songs and left. All I remember was that it was about the WORST we had ever done, but I got to be in a parade at WDW.

My 12 yo daughter and 6 yo son got to be in the Halloween Party parade this past year. It was so awesome to see them in the parade and it was the highlight of their trip. I'll try to find some pics to post.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom