A Rumor That's Pretty Funny.....

Testtrack321

Original Poster
Well, we all love ToN. We all hate ToD. Now a popular rumor site (that we will say MKTiggerman said "if you don't read it, you will live longer") said that Tapestry will have another re-incarnation only now including CHARACTERS. Gee, we thought ToD was bad. The rumor says that the floats are going down to be re-worked into the new parade.

RozFan

Uh, this is so not funny. :(

Characters are not the saving grace to every problem that arises in Disney theme parks.

Lord Alfred

Now honestly, think about it.

A parade starring the characters on floats from all of Epcot's various countries (including Spain! ;) ) would be much, much more popular with WDW's average guest (and their children) than the wordy parade of ragged puppets that currently star. I didn't like ToN and I don't like ToD. There's just nothing to see, and I don't want to hear people drone on and on about stuff over the loudspeakers. They've got several puppets (many of which look similar) and several drum floats. That's all. To the average joe (and me) it's boring. I say kudos to new floats and characters.

DisneyKrazed

I can see that. Kids huging a giant pooh bear pupet as it comes out of Great Britain. Or the genie puppet from Moracco. If done tastfully why couldn't this work.

pheneix

You'd think that by now Disney would have gotten a clue about Epcot. The place sure wasn't drawing 11 million people a year by being "hip and edgy" with Pooh shoved down our throats...

Testtrack321

Original Poster
Originally posted by pheneix
You'd think that by now Disney would have gotten a clue about Epcot. The place sure wasn't drawing 11 million people a year by being "hip and edgy" with Pooh shoved down our throats...

I don't know what side your on pheneix, but there's one thing I know, its that no matter how "well done" this new parade is supposed to be, the best it can get is steriotypical, and if done poorly, raceist.

Lord Alfred, think about this. You don't like being spoken to over a loudspeaker? Then why do you like parades at all? All the other ones are all naration and singing music. ToN isn't. Nothing to look at? This parade has consistancy. In the character parades you see a float here, then three characters, then a bit, then anther float. Wow, lots there. I guess you never saw ToN at night. It's the best thing to walk over WDW. It oozes with atmosphere, texture, and images.

And DisenyKrazed, how would you like it if we were depicted as a cartoon character for the USA? Do you think that would be inspirational? Accurate? Hell, even ORIGIONAL!?!

ToN is the most origional thing to hit the shores of Flordia since Epcot it self. No characters in sight. A parade about building a story, not hords of characters dancing to sysnthised music from "classic" Disney films. Go to AK, MGM, or MK for your "character" parade, let Epcot have it's ToN with lots of puppets and drums.

TURKEY

Originally posted by Lord Alfred

A parade starring the characters on floats from all of Epcot's various countries (including Spain! ;) ) would be much, much more popular with WDW's average guest (and their children) than the wordy parade of ragged puppets that currently star. I didn't like ToN and I don't like ToD. There's just nothing to see, and I don't want to hear people drone on and on about stuff over the loudspeakers. They've got several puppets (many of which look similar) and several drum floats. That's all. To the average joe (and me) it's boring. I say kudos to new floats and characters.

Let's see. You don't like originality in ToN and ToD, but like character parades like you see everywhere else?

Loudspeakers? All the other parades don't feature loudspeakers?

Characters? You mean the ones that I can see by going to any of the meet and greets instead of something/someone that you can't see in anything but ToN, ToD?

A character parade is less original than ToN.

Testtrack321

Original Poster
Also, did you actually watch Tapestry? If you did, not only would you have seen some of the best guest interaction ever (seen a 5 year old shaking hands with a 20ft tall meatal spirt? Nope? Watch the parade again). I've brought many a "average Joe" in and they all had there jaws dop till...
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Keep going, gee, these average Joe's sure like Tapestry, especialy since that's my name....
|
|
|
|
|
|
\/
Jaws

Yep. They loved it that much.

You might like your hamburgers and fries everyday and your character parades, but let us adventurous humans, who would like to try some Thai dish for lunch instead, watch ToN.

mickeyfanatics

I used to like seeing the characters that belonged in their native countries and they could be tastefully included, like Mulan from China, Aladdin from Morrocco, Belle and Beast from France, and others. However, I also think that more character meet and greets, even if it is in a parade will not solve the problem that there just are not enough things to do in many of the parks because they keep closing down old attractions to build new ones.

I was in EPCOT on Saturday (9/28) and the park was dead. TT only had a 30 min. wait and there was nobobdy in like for Spaceship Earth (NOBODY!). We also walked onto everything else in the park. I know it is the empty season, but Disney was never this emtpy. At HISTA there were less than 50 people in the theater with us. This park needs more originality, not the same recycled stuff from the other parks!

BTW - TON and Illuminations: ROE were two of the most original ideas to ever come out of that park, next to the original Illuminations, of course.

Cliff

I was there too on the 28th.

Yes, it was very, very dead...I found this quite disturbing.

Tapestry of Dreams is excellent.

Except for one thing.....If they could just remove all the silly "dreaming" talk from the soundtrack. It's not even cute. The music builds into that great "chorus melody" that used to be "celebrate the future hand in hand". That old chorus really made your hands clap.

Then they CUT THAT OUT....for all this "dreaming babble"???!! That old melody was the whole "pay off" of the old tune.

The people that wrote and recorded the original music are probably pulling their hair out. (or doing something bad to their ears)

If I'm forced to watch a character, I wanna see Mickey in the old EPCOT Center space suit and glass helmet.

CT : - ):hammer:

Lord Alfred

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Lord Alfred, think about this. You don't like being spoken to over a loudspeaker? Then why do you like parades at all? All the other ones are all naration and singing music. ToN isn't. Nothing to look at? This parade has consistancy.

Look, I know alot of people do like the parade. Nobody I know does. In fact, the only parades we DO like are the Light Parades. But the Tapestry parades feature numerous repeat puppets and that drum float 3 or 4 times. I simply can't get into it. Maybe it's just ToD as far as the talking. I swear the whole soundtrack is nothing but a bunch of kids and a narrator talking and some ultra-repetitive Lion King -esque music.

Things I like in a parade are:

- A music-only soundtrack (new, original music preferred!)
- Floats and lots of 'em! (The more spectacular, the better!)

I watched ToD again three weeks ago and as far as I'm concerned it's only an obstacle that keeps me from getting from pavillion to pavillion easily.

This is all my (and my family and friends) opinion only.

tenchu

Personally, I've never liked ToN or ToD, but i wouldn't like to see it replaced with a character parade. I do find it too repetitive and uninteresting and i cant say the 'story' is particularly clear.

Hopefully they could replace it with something new and innovative which is what Epcot's meant to be all about.

(I know thats what ToN/ToD was meant to be, but i don't think it has worked.)

jeffs10

Yes get ride of ToD I only watched it the first time i saw it and i thought it was boring and draged on. And it seemed like everytime i was there my last trip that darn parade was going, and 2 times a night is a bit much, just makes it harder to walk around. I say new floats with characters and only once a night.

They shouldn't do away with ToD! Although ToD really has taken away from the original glory of ToN, a charachter float parade does not belong in World Showcase or Epcot! After all, Epcot is not the Magic Kingdom! ToN before they added the stupid sprites and took away the Sage of Time was fantastic! As for both ToD and ToN, there is great guest interaction! I've seen many kids of all ages light up as one of the puppets woosh over their heads or bend down and touch a guest. In addition, all of you detractors know that the tune is absolutely catching---we all hum along during and after the parade. I know that you are ALL humming it right now even if silently in your own wonderfully warped Disney brain---you just probably would never admit it!:lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

prberk

EPCOT should be different and innovative. No re-tread character parade. The other parks are fine for that.

The tapestry parades are different and "world-class" but may be aging. Maybe they can be tweaked for a space and exploration theme in time for Mission:Space!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by thedisneyfan
I know that you are ALL humming it right now even if silently in your own wonderfully warped Disney brain

not a chance in hell... I repress any and all memories of ToD I have left.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Testtrack321
Now a popular rumor site (that we will say MKTiggerman said "if you don't read it, you will live longer")

oh come on... you can say what site it is... it won't hurt ya. I'll even do it for ya... SCREAMSCAPE! I read that site for laughs, since I can personally shoot down more than half of the WDW and DLR rumors on there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom