Leave a Legacy/Old Entrance

Merlin0402

I like the monoliths and the new fountain, but the faces make it look like a memorial instead of an entrance to a theme park.

cymbaldiva

I liked the old entrance better (imagine that! :lol: ) - Now it just looks like a graveyard where they're trying to sell me my tombstone

bamboo7

i think i prefer the old enterance, but it really isn't a big deal to me. one thing about the 'leave a legacy' stuff is that they advertise that your picture will be there forever. do they mean that they will all be right there, at the enterance of epcot, forever? i wouldn't necessarily mind if they were moced to a warehouse, forever.

figmentmom

Originally posted by copper
Cymbaldiva, I too think it looks live a cemetary.

I don't like it, either. Looks like a monolith junkyard. However, I never linger there anyway because I'm always in a hurry to get somewhere else!:lol:

Horizons1

I miss the old one.The new one is horrible,ugly,and a waste of space.But most of all i miss the old fountain with the EPCOT symbol and the wonderful colors that went through it at night.

Attachments

• epcotentrancesymbol.jpg
    epcotentrancesymbol.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 256

ocolectr

To quote one of my co-workers when they "unveiled" the new entrace plaza:

"I've seen the future - and it is brown."

We both agreed that we already missed the old entrance.

Ciar_j

Ocolectr,

I love your avatar!

If you have any more photos / video of Earth Station please email me at ciar_j@yahoo.com.

Ps: I like the orginal entrance at Epcot also (without the hand&wand and Leave a Legacy)

DisneyCP2000

Horizons1, the image that you posted is what I miss the most. I don't mind the structures, they okay. but that plexiglass thing with lights, that's what I remember the most.

Dizknee_Phreek

the new is ok...i think it looks futuristic ("come see the graveyard of the future!") but to me, it's just kinda boreing...and it takes away from SSE (as if the hand and wand isn't taking away from it enough!) personally, i prefer the old planter! not to mention the old fountain! the new fountain is ok, and it is kinda cool looking...but it just doesn't stand out at all like the old one did! i don't even see why they have a fountain there now at all! it's just....there. the old one was almost making a statement, and it complimented SSE SOOO well!!

Tom Morrow

I personally don't mind the new look of the entrance.. its symetrical with Spaceship Earth and looks cool at night. The problem is, it doesn't look very welcoming. It looks "cold", gothic, and strange. The flowers, fountain and symbol were much better.

All in all, Leave a Legacy was a huge mistake. If you noticed, the bricks aren't even half filled with pictures, and its been up for 3 years! and Disney is stuck with them for at least 47 more years, because they guaranteed that they would be there for at least 50 years.

MarkP8

Definitely prefer the previous entrance

When I first saw the "Leave a Legacy" monoliths, I was afraid I was going to bang my head into them.

The spacious feeling of the old entry is gone, along with the gorgeous flower beds ( didn't they also have benches attached to them?) and the brilliant lucite Epcot icons.

Another wonderful example of "Space Available". :cry:

Dizknee_Phreek

Re: Definitely prefer the previous entrance

Originally posted by MarkP8
didn't they also have benches attached to them?

well, they weren't really benches. it was just where the planters came off the ground quite a bit, so there was a little lip all the way around the planters. but yeah, it was the perfect place to sit and stare and SSE (that is, if you could stand the pebbles jutting into your flesh :animwink: )! or stand and take a cool picture!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
My memory may be going but im sure the deal was that they guaranteed the slabs would remain in the park for 20years but that it was likely they would be relocated. Even though I have a tile I think there is a better place for them in world showcase. Give it less of that old communist memorial feel:)

mightyduck

I miss the old entrace.... It does look like a cemetary this way, and the "Leave a Legacy" isn't permanent.... I thought the bricks they sold were enough; no need to take up space with all these monoliths...

Just my opinion. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom