My Sweet 16 at the Most Magical Place on Earth

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hello,
You have an INCREDIBLE web site. I have been to Walt Disney World a total of 4 times. I went the summer, Christmas, Summer, and May 20-25 of this year. I am OBSESSED with any and everything Disney. It has truly changed my life forever. I hope to work their the summer after i graduate (2004) and work through college. After college i hope to be an interpreter for the deaf at The Most Magical Place on Earth.
I found on just a few weeks prior to going that i would be at Walt Disney World, my most favorite place to be, on my Sweet 16. Nothing could be better for me. And to make it even better, it was only go to be my dad and I on the trip. We drove down from North Alabama and arrived around lunch time at the Florida Welcome Station. The last time we had been there was almost a year before, and it had really changed. I am not sure how much money was spent on it, but it sure was a lot! We saw the "Disney Information Center" which we had passed on previous trips..we decided to stop. It was well worth it. In our Birnabaum's Disney Information Guide was a coupon for a free complementary gift. As we approached the building we were greeted by a couple of classic Disney store fronts. One side had a anomotronic mickey sitting in bed..i forget what the other side had. We went inside and it was an incredible Disney scene. It had merchandise from Walt Disney World and had a ton of Disney touches. We could have watched a movie there but we decided to go ahead and go b/c the show wasn't playing for a little which (20-ish minutes, mabey longer). We purchased an autograph book for me to have all the characters sign (i had never done this before). Hours later we arrived to Kississimee.
We headed for Downtown Disney. We had never been there before. It was undescribiable...if you have never been there before i highly suggest going. We picked up a BUNCH of postcards to send to people back home, as well as an ID Bracelet w/ my name and a tricircle. Soon after we had left DTD, we headed for our hotel, we stayed off property b/c of cost. We soon arrived and settled in for the night.
The next morning we got up EARLY ( we had lost an hour b/c of the time change). I don't remember how early it was. We then headed for the Contemporary and went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast. Since it was my Sweet 16, they gave me a special place mat and later surprised me w/ a chocolate cupcake (light as air) w/ icing and a chocolate. Mickey face..and 2 things of whip cream (light as air) to form the ears for MM. They also gave me a "Today is my Birthday" button pin (you can also pick this up at City Hall in MK)Our view was the BEST in the house. We had a view of the Castle. The waitress was the best! The food was better than anything i have ever consumed before. CM's is an all you-can-eat buffet! I had the best time their!!! Afterwards, we got on the monorail and headed for The Polynesian, that way we could right up front. At the Polynesian we bought 2 more postcards to send to people back home. Then we bought a stamp and got back on the monorail. From their we went to the Transportation Center and stayed on until we reached the MK ( i think). After having our picture taken at the Castle, we skipped down part of Main Street and sang the song "Zip a dee do dah". From their we headed for Tomorrowland, to check out the lines for Space Mountain and Buzz. There was NO line for ET so we went their first, we actually got right into the show. One of the best parts about having a b-day at WDW is the treatment u get from everyone, everywhere i went i was treated special..it made my Sweet 16 even more sweet. (would say more but it would be even more long). We spent the next little bit walking strait onto Space Mountain and riding Buzz. While on the way to Astro Orbiter a Cast Member stopped me and asked if it was my Birthday, i said yes, he told me to pick any pin off his lanyard since it was my b-day. I picked a MM head that was winking. After us both thanking him OVER and OVER ..we moved on. I will NEVER EVER EVER forget that moment..it was a true piece of Disney Magic. And it shows you the character of CM's. He absolutely made my birthday. The next thing we did was, my dad used the phone and then took a picture of me on Astro Orbiter. After finishing Tomorrowland, we headed for Fantasyland, and around going to the left..after we went on The Haunted Mansion we decided to watch "Cinderella's Surprise Celebration" as we were heading that way we decided to catch some pictures and autographs with some of the characters. Afterwards we headed out of the park. It was around lunch when we did this...we went to our hotel and had some of my birthday cookie cake that we had brought along ( my mom had bought two and had one say "Happy Birthday Anna" and the other was plain, she bought black icing and we (my dad & I) created a tri-circle; we then put the half that said "Anna" on the same pan as the half that had the top half of the tri-circle, so it looked like those hats you see all over WDW). After a couple birthday surprises we headed for Magic Kingdom , did a couple of things then went to Epcot (it was mid afternoon). We were going to watch the parade and we lined up..but it was canceled because of "incliamte weather conditions". So we went and saw "An American Adventure", it was great as always. We then got in line to watch "Illuminations". We had never seen it before and "breath taking" doesn't do that show justice. It was incredible to say the least. After that we head to the hotel.
We got up that morning and headed for Animal Kingdom. It was a blast. Before the park opening(about 15 minutes before) they have a thing called "The Awakening". That's where a number of characters come out, they sign autographs and pose for pictures. Then we went to the furthest right we could, so we could get on Primeval Whirl first things. We did so, and b/c the line was so short they gave us a bonus spin. This ride was EXCELLENT! Then we went on Triceratop Spin, they also gave us a bonus spin, they offered another spin (would have been number 3) but we decided to go ride Primeval Whirl again. We continued on and had a great day at Animal Kingdom. We saw the afternoon parade. It was SO good. Eventually we headed back to our hotel. After worship services, we went to Downtown Disney. Once again, it was a BLAST!!!! After a few hours there, we headed to the hotel.
The next morning we got up and went to Epcot, b/c we hadn't done Test Track, we did it and saw a number of characters, took some pics and then headed to the Disney-MGM Studios. The lines for EVERYTHING were VERY short (like a 15 min. wait for Tower of Terror and another 15 for RNRC(Rockin' Rollar Coaster). The whole day was wonderful. We decided to give up our reservations at Crystal Palace, so we could see Fantasmic. Afterwards, we looked in a few shops and left. The next morning we got up and went to Magic Kingdom. We went and did Splash Mountain, took the train to Main Street..but along the way we stopped and got off in Mickey's Toon Town Fair, b/c there were a BUNCH of characters then we headed to Animal Kingdom to do Festival of the Lion King and PW. This time we took the bus b/c neither of us had been on one before. The seats were surprisingly comfortable. After riding PW ( either 3 or 4 more times, a total of 7 this trip) we went to FotLK. It was wonderful. We took the bus back to MK. (At one point during this trip we rode the boat, and had it literally all to our selves) We then took pictures of the 100 years of Magic Topiary and lined up for the afternoon parade, it was MAGICAL then we went to see The Hall of Presidents. My dad really wanted to see this b/c they now have Bush. My dad thought he would have on a pink tie (b/c Bush loves his pink tie) and i said red. I was right... he also had a flag pin on his chest. We did a few other things in MK. We shopped. Then we, during the nighttime parade (SpectroMagic), since we had seen it a few times b4, we did a few rides. We rode Dumbo and then we ate at the restaurant next to Pirates of the Caribbean. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good. We had eaten there several times b4 but this time,no one else was eating there so it was quiet and very peaceful.. After that (cry cry-last meal at WDW). We got in line for The Magic Carpets of Aladdin and literally walked on. We then shopped more, and watched the fireworks, it was incredible to say the least. We then headed out the gate and left the Most Magical Place on Earth.
Note to Webmaster: thanks for letting me share this wonderful memory w/ you all. Thanks for allowing my Disney novel to be on your page. Writing this has brought back many memories i have from the trip, less than a month ago. It literally brought tears of happiness to re-live it and tears of sadness b/c it's over. Thanks again

W/ much Disney love,

Anna Elizabeth "Thrash"

¤*..·´¨`»*Anna*«´¨`·. .*¤
you aren't given a wish without being given the power to make it come true
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

¶ AnNa¶
«·´`·.(*·.¸(`·.¸ ¸.·´)¸.·*).·´`·»
«·´¨*·.¸¸.**.¸¸.·*¨`·»
«·´`·.(¸.·´(¸.·*
*·.¸)`·.¸).·´`·»
You are never givin a
wish w/o being
givin the power to make it come true

-Anna Elizabeth
Nothing is too small to know,
and nothing is too big to attempt.
- William Van Horne

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!!

A dream is a wish your heart makes

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Smile a mile :)

" All it takes is a dream to become reality"
-Walt Disney

"Here is the world of imagination, hopes and dreams. In this timeless land of enchantment, magic and make-believe are reborn-and fairy tales come true."~Walt Disney

teal

monorail256

novel is right.. but its great to hear that you had a great time (even though I already knew that from talking to you on AIM). good trip report!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom