Recipe???

tigsmom

Does anyone have the recipe for the Be Our Guest Thyme-scented Pork Rack Chop? It was my favorite meal of our entire trip! Thanks :)

There are few recipes out from the newer restaurants; you can email guest relations and request the recipe (give the date you were there and your confirmation number if you still have it). Should you hear back please post the recipe for all to enjoy, but remember that some recipes are "secret" while others do not translate well to home cooking.

the1nonlysinger

There are few recipes out from the newer restaurants; you can email guest relations and request the recipe (give the date you were there and your confirmation number if you still have it). Should you hear back please post the recipe for all to enjoy, but remember that some recipes are "secret" while others do not translate well to home cooking.

Thank you! I have sent them a message- if I hear back, I will definitely post it!!

the1nonlysinger

Just received the response:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We want to thank you for your patience while we were attempting to
obtain the recipe for the that you enjoyed at the during your visit.

Unfortunately, the Chef's are unable to give us this recipe for home
use. We are sorry this is not the favorable response you were
anticipating; we appreciate your understanding.

we hope that you and your family will be able to visit with us again
real soon at Walt Disney World Resort.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us.

Sincerely,
WDW Online Communications​
So disappointed!! :( Any insiders out there that can help, I'd really really appreciate it!

EvilQueen-T

Wondering if anyone has come across any of the recipes from the flower and garden festival booths? Would love the one for the jalapeno corn bread from the smokehouse if anyone sees it.

TJ's Momma

For fans of the Hoop Dee Doo Review - this is the recipe for the Cowboy Beans.

Cowboy Beans

Yield: 1 Qt

Ingredients
1/2 Cup Onions, diced
1/2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
4 Oz Smoked Meats (Beef and Pork), diced into 1/2” cubes
4 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp Molasses
2 Tbsp Cider Vinegar
1 Cup BBQ Sauce
2 1/2 Lbs B&M Baked Beans
1 Tbsp Bacon Fat

Method of Preparation

Preheat a skillet. Add Bacon Fat and sauté the Onion, Garlic, and Meat, until golden brown.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer on low heat for 2 hours.

DisneyDebNJ

I had to post this for @real mad hatter @figmentfan423 and @Pooh Lover ... this is a recipe for a Lemon Drop Martini, made with limoncello. You can get this at any *libation station* in Disney but easy to make at home ... Cheers!!!

1 oz. vodka (I used kettle one)
3/4 ounce limoncello
1/4 ounce triple sec
zest of one lemon
white sugar

Pour first 3 items in a mixing glass with ice, shake until cold. In the mean time, put white sugar on a plate, zest the lemon over sugar, mix. wet glass, dip in sugar/lemon mixure, pour.... OMG Good.... easily doubled or tripled, or can make in a pitcher.

Pooh Lover

I had to post this for @real mad hatter @figmentfan423 and @Pooh Lover ... this is a recipe for a Lemon Drop Martini, made with limoncello. You can get this at any *libation station* in Disney but easy to make at home ... Cheers!!!

1 oz. vodka (I used kettle one)
3/4 ounce limoncello
1/4 ounce triple sec
zest of one lemon
white sugar

Pour first 3 items in a mixing glass with ice, shake until cold. In the mean time, put white sugar on a plate, zest the lemon over sugar, mix. wet glass, dip in sugar/lemon mixure, pour.... OMG Good.... easily doubled or tripled, or can make in a pitcher.
A pitcher? Now you're talking! ;)

Mickey1984

Mom's Meatloaf

Mom's Meatloaf
50's Prime Time Cafe
Chef Marianne Hunnel

trust me this is some good chow. and the meatloaf sandwiches afterwards are the icing on the cake.:slurp:

I made this a few months back from the Disney cook book my DW got me fore Christmas, and I found it a bit dry, BUT what i would say is that I am not sure i mixed all the meat together properly, it just didnt stick together right, and looked more like a porkpie centre, think I will try this again soon, but put all the meat mixture etc into a blender to try and mash it / blend it a bit tighter.

taste was good none the less :)

tigsmom

I made this a few months back from the Disney cook book my DW got me fore Christmas, and I found it a bit dry, BUT what i would say is that I am not sure i mixed all the meat together properly, it just didnt stick together right, and looked more like a porkpie centre, think I will try this again soon, but put all the meat mixture etc into a blender to try and mash it / blend it a bit tighter.

taste was good none the less :)

Meatloaf should not be over mixed or it becomes very dry so I would not put it in the blender. I've made this and it came out just right and I know a woman who ONLY makes this recipe (and at least twice a month) and she says "it's like being there". What many people do is mix everything but the meat together and then crumble the meat on top and mix in by hand, but I usually start with the meat and make a well and then add everything else and mix. Are you sure you measured everything properly, used dried breadcrumbs instead of fresh? If the mix seems too dry then you can add a little bit of water or beef broth and make sure it's tightly packed in the pan and do not over bake as that will also dry it out.

Mickey1984

Meatloaf should not be over mixed or it becomes very dry so I would not put it in the blender. I've made this and it came out just right and I know a woman who ONLY makes this recipe (and at least twice a month) and she says "it's like being there". What many people do is mix everything but the meat together and then crumble the meat on top and mix in by hand, but I usually start with the meat and make a well and then add everything else and mix. Are you sure you measured everything properly, used dried breadcrumbs instead of fresh? If the mix seems too dry then you can add a little bit of water or beef broth and make sure it's tightly packed in the pan and do not over bake as that will also dry it out.

I'm not quite sure, but I am sure something must have been wrong, will try again soon.

EvilQueen-T

I know La Hacienda hasn't been open to terribly long but anyone have the recipe for the chimichurri sauce they use on their steak in the La Hacienda meal for two?

Mickey1984

Made this since and chopped the onions and peppers as small as I could get them and it turned out brilliantly if I do say so myself :)

travellerman

Has anyone got a recipe for the Chieftain Chicken that Raglan Road used to have. Last time I went there it wasn't on the menu. It came with a mushroom spinach cream sauce that was really good. Wondered if per chance anyone had a recipe for it.

alandavid

Major Domo's Favorite Pie

This thread could be way cool and helpful.

My wife is a fantastic cook and we love making recipes from the WDW restaraunts.

Does anyone have a recipe for Major Domo's Favorite Pie. We have some cookbooks from WDW and this one is not in either.
Will gladly trade recipes....

Help....

Welcome. this forum is so cool i like it to much

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom