Sea Holes to Sea Fish

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
I didn't see this anywhere so I figured I post it. When I was at EPCOT yesterday, I saw that there are now fish and turtle shaped metal pieces mounted to the mural on the front of the building. The only pics I've seen are of just the mural plain. I have some pics but no way of posting them right now. If someone wants to host them, let me know.

They are pretty thick metal pieces of a green turtle, a blue fish, a blue stingray, an orange seahorse, a dark blue shark and something else purple that I can't see since it's below the wall. They are also painting the building. It looks like a bright blue. The fish look pretty cool, like they are swimming in the mural current.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
My work firewall won't let me go to any file sharing sites. Another forum member offered to host them so they should be up soon.

Shaman

This subject has been brought up and discussed in another thread. Here's the link:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=89029&page=5

Check out post #64 for the link to the new mural pics. Have a magical day!:wave:

Cool...thanks for the heads up....

I think the subject could use its own thread though. That way it can be more obvious to merf. :D

EDIT: And after seeing the photos....ewww. Maybe with the more detailed paint job the figures will look nice...but they're huge!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Here are the pictures.

Sea_Fish.jpg

Sea_Fish1.jpg

SGT623

I think it is very cool that the pavillion is going to get a blue paint job. I thought it had needed one for a long time.

wannab@dis

EDIT: And after seeing the photos....ewww. Maybe with the more detailed paint job the figures will look nice...but they're huge!
Let's keep in mind they have not completed the work yet. Even so, to me it looks MUCH better already than the old mural. The figures appear "whimsical" to me and are very inviting.

brkgnews

I still don't get those weird slots around Bruce's perimeter. What the heck are those for? One looks like an eye, but other than that, they just look out of place. Anyone?

frankd1962

Maybe there is lights behind these cutouts and on the others ti shows up well but Bruce needs those little bits to show an outline of some sort to him. Maybe we'll have to wait and see what they have planned.

Shaman

Let's keep in mind they have not completed the work yet. Even so, to me it looks MUCH better already than the old mural. The figures appear "whimsical" to me and are very inviting.

I know...but in my opinion, it's ugly right now; the mural would have looked good plain. Adding the figures makes the building seem out of place at Epcot. Maybe they have something more up their sleeve....

*waits*

wannab@dis

I know...but in my opinion, it's ugly right now; the mural would have looked good plain. Adding the figures makes the building seem out of place at Epcot. Maybe they have something more up their sleeve....

*waits*
Really? The figures appear to me to be similar to the "beloved" baloons in The Land. A whimsical addition that adds to the theming. The pavilion is about the "Living" seas and the mural now includes some of the creatures that live in the ocean. If "Finding Nemo" had never been made and the creatures had been part of the original, would you still think they were out of place. Maybe it's just the fact the characters were potrayed in a movie that causing some reaction? *shrug*

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I zoomed up on Bruce and those items in question are not holes but raised tabs. I would guess there will be something else attached to the top of them or these are the mounting points for the sculpture and they have not been ground down flush yet.

Some of the other characters looks like the have a blue background piece and a colored foreground piece. If I had to guess we will be seeing a foreground piece being attached to Bruce in the near future.

Shaman

Really? The figures appear to me to be similar to the "beloved" baloons in The Land. A whimsical addition that adds to the theming. The pavilion is about the "Living" seas and the mural now includes some of the creatures that live in the ocean. If "Finding Nemo" had never been made and the creatures had been part of the original, would you still think they were out of place. Maybe it's just the fact the characters were potrayed in a movie that causing some reaction? *shrug*

No. From the photos (maybe the experience is different in person) the figures just to don't seem to fit with the building or the rest of the architecture of Epcot's Future World. You don't see the balloons outside of the Land pavilion. If anything the figures would more closely resemble the planets outside of M:S (but those go with the building)...if they did a more detailed paint job on the figures (eventhough judging by the similar pieces inside that may not be the case) maybe it would look different....I know it is not finished...I'm just commenting on the look right now...basing that opinion off of photos....that's just my opinion....

Shaman

I zoomed up on Bruce and those items in question are not holes but raised tabs. I would guess there will be something else attached to the top of them or these are the mounting points for the sculpture and they have not been ground down flush yet.

Some of the other characters looks like the have a blue background piece and a colored foreground piece. If I had to guess we will be seeing a foreground piece being attached to Bruce in the near future.

Maybe smaller fish will be attached to Bruce? :lookaroun

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
thoes figures on the mural look horrible and tacky right now. However I will reserve judgement until I see the final product (though expectations are low).

diddy_mouse

This shows how unobservant I am but, I just noticed that the outside of the building is being painted turquoise! :eek: That along with the cut-out charaters on the front will make it very easy to find.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom