Fantasyland Expansion Photos -over the wall- 4/15/12

Scuttle

Original Poster
Just a few quick over the wall shots. Enjoy!

Attachments

• 4-15-12 016.jpg
    4-15-12 016.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 840
  • 4-15-12 021.jpg
    4-15-12 021.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 795
  • 4-15-12 024.jpg
    4-15-12 024.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 865
  • 4-15-12 026.jpg
    4-15-12 026.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 740
  • 4-15-12 029.jpg
    4-15-12 029.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 797
  • 4-15-12 007.jpg
    4-15-12 007.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 757

jupiter869

Looks as if we're looking at the main rise of the mine train going to the top of the hill. It's too steep of an incline to be going down, so riders will be going up the slope from right to left. (Per the 5th photo)

bdearl41

Looks as if we're looking at the main rise of the mine train going to the top of the hill. It's too steep of an incline to be going down, so riders will be going up the slope from right to left. (Per the 5th photo)

You would be correct in your analysis.

MissM

I was amazed at how big the steelwork is when you see it in person. We were there last Saturday and let me tell you, the coaster metal is really much more thick and solid then it even appears in person.

ctxak98

I was thinking the same thing. Also, on BaTB, it looks like the top couple of rows of scaffolding have been removed.

YAH! I noticd that too! I also noticed some roof work or buiilding work in the village looks more finished and also rock work on ariele more towards storybook circus is more finished! so exciting to see it develop so quickly!:sohappy:

jt04

I was amazed at how big the steelwork is when you see it in person. We were there last Saturday and let me tell you, the coaster metal is really much more thick and solid then it even appears in person.

I think there is a couple resons for this. I don't think it means all that much as it relates to how 'thrilling' the coaster ride will be. Heavy supports have to be maintained less and can handle the stresses better even if they are relatively minor. Space Mountain has always had problems in this area because they could not build with such massive supports. Also coaster science has come a long way and they usually build them to last longer these days. Secondly though, they need supports like these because it is possible they will also be supporting some of the show building (the actual mountain) itself. It will be fascinating to see it built.

By the way, someone mentioned damouse blog. They have pics of the castle walls that are way beyond what the artist renderings reveal. AWESOME!

Way to go TDO!!! :sohappy:

Horizonsfan

I think there is a couple resons for this. I don't think it means all that much as it relates to how 'thrilling' the coaster ride will be. Heavy supports have to be maintained less and can handle the stresses better even if they are relatively minor. Space Mountain has always had problems in this area because they could not build with such massive supports. Also coaster science has come a long way and they usually build them to last longer these days. Secondly though, they need supports like these because it is possible they will also be supporting some of the show building (the actual mountain) itself. It will be fascinating to see it built.

By the way, someone mentioned damouse blog. They have pics of the castle walls that are way beyond what the artist renderings reveal. AWESOME!

Way to go TDO!!! :sohappy:

That's actually not possible structurally. Unless they want the building to come apart and collapse after a few runs. They'll have to build the structure independently of the track. What you are seeing is solely for the track. Think EE (minus the yeti :lol:).

jt04

That's actually not possible structurally. Unless they want the building to come apart and collapse after a few runs. They'll have to build the structure independently of the track. What you are seeing is solely for the track. Think EE (minus the yeti :lol:).

Show scenes perhaps?

MissM

I think there is a couple resons for this. I don't think it means all that much as it relates to how 'thrilling' the coaster ride will be.
Oh I didn't think at all that it meant it was going to be some screamer coaster. I know it's more of a planned mild/fun experience rather than a terror/extreme one (for which I'm actually pleased. I hate coasters really.) It was just a comment observation for those who haven't seen it in person. It's just much more "solid" to see in real life then it looks in the pictures. (And it looks big and impressive in the photos, just more so in person.) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom