Disney should go after Hunger Games

captainkidd

Original Poster
They could TONS of stuff with that material. 3rd biggest opening weekend of all time, just behind Dark Knight and Harry Potter. It's a great all around story. Lots of potential there.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I was wondering when someone would start a thread about this.

Yes, a dystopian society where children are forced to kill one another in a cruel game of sport sounds exactly like the sort of attraction Disney would want to get behind.

One of the more ridiculous ideas I've heard in awhile.

(And for the record, I really enjoyed the books and liked the film.)

Disneybird

A couple of ideas for restaurants in the Hunger Land:
Fried squirrel, chipmunk, and rodent fresh from the resorts
Move most of the counter service restaurants from DHS and put something worth eating in their place
Everytime you eat something, you have to enter your name for a daily drawing to be forced to watch Stitch

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with everybody else on this thread and say that Hunger Games is not Disney stuff. There's dark-but-uplifting, and then there's... this series. Not the greatest fit for the happiest, most magical place on earth.

That said, love the series. Definitely not a fad. Tackles really serious topics, brings up thought-provoking discussion points, provides an overall awesome, strong heroine. And goodness knows we need more of those.

the-reason14

Why is it that every time a movie comes out that does exceptionally well that Disney needs to be apart of it? Have we lost that much faith in Disney's own movies and entertainment? There are a countless number of amazing Pixar and animated Disney movies that have no representation in the parks, why not use them?

I haven't read the books, or seen the movie, but I do really want to btw.

Why is it that every time a movie comes out that does exceptionally well that Disney needs to be apart of it? Have we lost that much faith in Disney's own movies and entertainment? There are a countless number of amazing Pixar and animated Disney movies that have no representation in the parks, why not use them?

I haven't read the books, or seen the movie, but I do really want to btw.

The entire first paragraph. Yes. That.

And THG isn't particularly well written, but it's great storytelling and worth a try! :wave:

AswaySuller

Have we lost that much faith in Disney's own movies and entertainment?

Tron, John Carter, Cars 2, the princess and the frog, tangled....

Um.... Yeah, kinda!

It's not a dirty word to "borrow" other movies if done right.... Look at the great work one with Indiana jones, star wars, twilight zone et al.....

I think it just needs to be done right.... And a "classic" I'm just not sure they're making many classics these days.

Tigger1988

Tron, John Carter, Cars 2, the princess and the frog, tangled....

Um.... Yeah, kinda!

It's not a dirty word to "borrow" other movies if done right.... Look at the great work one with Indiana jones, star wars, twilight zone et al.....

I think it just needs to be done right.... And a "classic" I'm just not sure they're making many classics these days.

Why is Tangled in that list? It's HUGE for Disney right now, Rapunzel is easily the most popular princess right now.

As for Hunger Games, you have to be kidding. Teens killing other teens is totally up Disney's alley. :rolleyes:

Sweet Melissa

Why is Tangled in that list? It's HUGE for Disney right now, Rapunzel is easily the most popular princess right now.

I wondered the same thing. I think I would put both Tangled and The Princess and the Frog on my list of films that illustrate how Disney is still making classics.

DizneyPryncess

I like the books - haven't seen the film yet. I don't think it'll necessarily be a fad, but I agree that the concept isn't something Disney would want to be part of. I've seen a lot of comments in the media about children killing children, and how it's inappropriate. There's a lot more to the books than that - it's got a lot of social commentary in it, and has a good story. But regardless, I think a lot of people might slam Disney if they got behind it.

If you do like THG & want to experience an attraction of sorts, there is something for you. Where they filmed in NC is having Hunger Games weekends. It sounds like a paintball style thing, and they teach your survival skills. Sounds interesting if you're into the books/movies.

I like the books - haven't seen the film yet. I don't think it'll necessarily be a fad, but I agree that the concept isn't something Disney would want to be part of. I've seen a lot of comments in the media about children killing children, and how it's inappropriate. There's a lot more to the books than that - it's got a lot of social commentary in it, and has a good story. But regardless, I think a lot of people might slam Disney if they got behind it.

If you do like THG & want to experience an attraction of sorts, there is something for you. Where they filmed in NC is having Hunger Games weekends. It sounds like a paintball style thing, and they teach your survival skills. Sounds interesting if you're into the books/movies.

The media's general response to it is bugging me, because all the things in THG are ones that I think need to be brought up and can be applied to our society and what not.

As for putting it in Disney, it's not that I think Disney would be making an inappropriate move or anything. I just don't think it would fit there, you know? It would be out of place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom