Rumor- New Imagination sponsor: Colorvision?

MerlinTheGoat

Original Poster
Take this with a grain of salt, and mods please lock this if it's just a bunch of bull (or debunked by the insiders). Someone over on Micechat is reporting that the Imagination pavilion in Epcot is receiving a new sponsor. They spoke with a cast member at Captain EO (don't close the thread quite yet) whom allegedly gave them a glimpse of a pamphlet that was being handed out to the other cast members there. According to the poster, the pamphlet was about a new sponsor for the pavilion, a company called Colorvision (which i admit i've never heard of till now). This is their website however, they already apparently have a history involving other popular theme parks-
http://corporate.amazingpictures.com/

Original thread-
http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disney-world-resort/165444-new-sponsor-imagination-pavilion.html

Any truth to this? Or is it just nonsense made up by a fan? And if it is true, could this mean good (or bad) things for Journey into Imagination?

mgf

It looks like it would be for an on-ride photo or perhaps something in the post show. Doesn't look like they would have the resources (or reason) to sponsor the whole pavilion.

MerlinTheGoat

Original Poster
It looks like it would be for an on-ride photo or perhaps something in the post show. Doesn't look like they would have the resources (or reason) to sponsor the whole pavilion.

The thought had crossed my mind that it might be for photo related things. Especially having looked at what the company does. Seems an odd choice for a sponsor for an entire pavilion. I've honestly never heard of them before.

JafarMaleficent

Its true. It was brought up at our last manager meeting. Before anyone flames me I have a source. I work for said company. However I don't know any specifics on what we plan on doing. And Merlin have you seen the heads on bodies where they take your face and put in a movie scene or similar that's colorvision. And they are all over universal studios they do all the photos there.

MarkTwain

That's was my first thought as well. It doesn't look like such a sponsorship would, at least, get us the $200 million+ redo we've been hoping for.

MerlinTheGoat

Original Poster
Its true. It was brought up at our last manager meeting. Before anyone flames me I have a source. I work for said company. However I don't know any specifics on what we plan on doing. And Merlin have you seen the heads on bodies where they take your face and put in a movie scene or similar that's colorvision. And they are all over universal studios they do all the photos there.

Yeah, i've seen those sorts of things, though not at Universal specifically (haven't had the chance to visit Universal yet, hope to remedy that someday soon).

If this is true, i hope it means some good news about the future of the pavilion. And by future, i mean a major redo of the attraction inside. Though i'm not sure if that would be a possibility or if Colorvision is willing or able to help out with something in that regard.

JafarMaleficent

Yeah, i've seen those sorts of things, though not at Universal specifically (haven't had the chance to visit Universal yet, hope to remedy that someday soon).

If this is true, i hope it means some good news about the future of the pavilion. And by future, i mean a major redo of the attraction inside. Though i'm not sure if that would be a possibility or if Colorvision is willing or able to help out with something in that regard.

Definatly go one day. But from the way it came across to me is we may redo it. Which I hope so or we just change the post show.

MerlinTheGoat

Original Poster
Definatly go one day. But from the way it came across to me is we may redo it. Which I hope so or we just change the post show.

Redo would be great. I avoid Imagination these days because it's one of the few rides that makes me angry whenever i go on it. I've ridden it about three times, the second and third times to get out of the heat into air conditioning. Now i just cannot force myself to go on it knowing the incredible attraction that was once there and what they did to it just to save money. Childish perhaps on my part, but i can't really do anything about it.

Though i do hope they keep Figment and bring back Dreamfinder, along with elements from the original. I don't mind something new if done right, but i really thought the original nailed what it set out to do and created some really compelling and charming original characters. Also hope they bring Tony Baxter back in since he apparently helped design the original. I'm just worried they won't give it the budget it deserves. Also open back up that wasted upstairs space.

This obviously assuming a redo even comes out of this. Disney just installed some new LED lighting in one of the scenes so i'm not sure whether they even intend to redo the ride at all.

misterID

Redo would be great. I avoid Imagination these days because it's one of the few rides that makes me angry whenever i go on it. I've ridden it about three times, the second and third times to get out of the heat into air conditioning. Now i just cannot force myself to go on it knowing the incredible attraction that was once there and what they did to it just to save money. Childish perhaps on my part, but i can't really do anything about it.

Though i do hope they keep Figment and bring back Dreamfinder, along with elements from the original. I don't mind something new if done right, but i really thought the original nailed what it set out to do and created some really compelling and charming original characters. Also hope they bring Tony Baxter back in since he apparently helped design the original. I'm just worried they won't give it the budget it deserves. Also open back up that wasted upstairs space.

This obviously assuming a redo even comes out of this. Disney just installed some new LED lighting in one of the scenes so i'm not sure whether they even intend to redo the ride at all.

There's nothing childish about it. My entire family refuses to ride it. The ride blows. The fact that it replaced something epic and endearing makes it even worse. They should be shamed for that travesty that stands today. End of story.

Mainahman

Ive never seen the current one, and had intended to in august, but i discovered martins Videos tribute to the original, and cant stop listening to "one little spark" The whole thing was amazing!! id be all for restoring it to the original!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom