Do you like Disney Coffee? (Nescafe)

YuggYuggWDW94

Original Poster
After reading some posts on other forums, I realize some people absolutely hate the Nescafe coffee served on property. Personally I LOVE the coffee and all of the flavor syrups that come along with it. In fact I drink too much coffee when I'm in Disney... do other people actually enjoy it or am I just crazy?

EXT

Why is most American coffee so bad!!!!!!!

I consistantly find coffee in American restaurants really bad, WDW included, some places it is disgusting. For a country that claims to be a big coffee consumer, it is hard to find good coffee.

Here in the Toronto area of Canada, any restaurant that served such bad coffee would be out of business in short order. Here we have coffee wars between McDonalds (yes, McDonalds actually makes good coffee just to stay in business) and Tim Hortons Donut shops where they both regularly give it away to get you to taste it. Just about everywhere coffee is good, premium places make really great coffee.

Foolish Mortal

Despise it !! :hurl: I find it to be the most vile, disgusting swill on the planet. In order to drink it I have to use at least 5 creamers. I hope I live long enough to see the day it's replaced. I'd rather drink Beverly.

Then again, there's only so much you can do with central-Florida water.

I'm not sure it's the water. Don't they use the same water at the carts, shops, restaurants ?? I find the non Nescacrap coffee to be good. Nescacrap is the only thing that I think Disney fails miserably on.

DisneyWall-E

I bring a pod brewer when I go. This year I go in Sept and will bring my new Bunny My Care pod brewer. It makes an awesome cup o Joe.

TP2000

The coffee they serve on Disney property is horrible. Just truly horrible. :hurl:

What's worse, when Disney tries to do espresso drinks they also fail miserably. They don't train the CM's working the espresso machines on how to be a good barista, they only train them on how to mash the beans into the hopper and push the button on the machine and if dark fluid comes out they think they did it right. So long as the CM gives a cheesy grin and says "Have a Magical Day!" after they've poured a disgustingly destroyed espresso shot or two added to flavored corn syrup they think they did it right.

Memo To Espresso Machine CM's: You didn't do it right, your training was worthless (not your fault), you don't have good supplies, and you fail.

I wouldn't mind one bit if Starbucks came in and took over every coffee maker and espresso machine at both WDW and Disneyland. (Sure, there are even better regional coffee companies, like Stumptown out of Portland, Oregon, but Starbucks is the rational choice for a takeover) Coffee in WDW or Disneyland is just pathetic now. Their Nescafe cheap-junk beans and pathetic training of CM's on espresso machines (nevermind trying to give them the actual title of "barista") might have been passable in 1992, but in 2012 it's now to the point where you are just embarassed for Disney and for their clueless CM's.

The only good coffee I've ever had on Disney World property was the tabletop coffee service at Victoria & Albert's made with the Cona vacuum coffee maker. Perfection, with a dash of gracious showmanship!

Prototype82

The coffee they serve on Disney property is horrible. Just truly horrible. :hurl:

What's worse, when Disney tries to do espresso drinks they also fail miserably. They don't train the CM's working the espresso machines on how to be a good barista, they only train them on how to mash the beans into the hopper and push the button on the machine and if dark fluid comes out they think they did it right. So long as the CM gives a cheesy grin and says "Have a Magical Day!" after they've poured a disgustingly destroyed espresso shot or two added to flavored corn syrup they think they did it right.

Memo To Espresso Machine CM's: You didn't do it right, your training was worthless (not your fault), you don't have good supplies, and you fail.

I wouldn't mind one bit if Starbucks came in and took over every coffee maker and espresso machine at both WDW and Disneyland. (Sure, there are even better regional coffee companies, like Stumptown out of Portland, Oregon, but Starbucks is the rational choice for a takeover) Coffee in WDW or Disneyland is just pathetic now. Their Nescafe cheap-junk beans and pathetic training of CM's on espresso machines (nevermind trying to give them the actual title of "barista") might have been passable in 1992, but in 2012 it's now to the point where you are just embarassed for Disney and for their clueless CM's.

The only good coffee I've ever had on Disney World property was the tabletop coffee service at Victoria & Albert's made with the Cona vacuum coffee maker. Perfection, with a dash of gracious showmanship!

I would approve of a Starbucks kiosk at the American Adventure 100%.

DrummerAlly

No, its not the best thing in the world, but I tolerate it just fine. I find that the WDW coffee gets me through the worst of coffee needs. I think what makes it taste better is the red mickey covered cup that it comes in.

Daddymouse

The worst possible product ever at Disney is nescrappy drink. I would rather have hemorrhoids than drink the swill that they call coffee. Does that make me a coffee snob?

Cmdr_Crimson

Too bad Juan Valdez and his Donkey don't sponser in the parks anymore. I remember they'd had it, plus they always had commercials for it during any Disney Holiday Parade or TV Special..
Juan.gif

Freshee61

I don't mind the coffee at wdw. Sure it's not Starbucks but it certainly does its job. And the cold coffee by tea cups in mk are pretty good even though it was better a year ago.

Xethos

I dont like it myself but you would be surprised how much people enjoy Nescafe in the rest of the world. For some reason, from what I have read and seen, Instant coffee, is a lot more popular in Ireland and England.

John

There is only one thing worse then central Florida water and that is the coffee they make with it. Thats why the coffee machines will never get those RFID cups. It sort of a oxymoron.

MissMorrow

I dont like it myself but you would be surprised how much people enjoy Nescafe in the rest of the world. For some reason, from what I have read and seen, Instant coffee, is a lot more popular in Ireland and England.

Our friends from Japan brought us bottled Nescafe the last time they visited. We were a little bit :confused: I guess it must be popular over there also.

And I'm all for Starbucks taking over the Disney coffee world. Just think of all the "exclusive" drinks they could make. It's a goldmine waiting to be discovered!

R W B

Would this be the same coffee that's in the value resorts food courts? If so it's not too bad. I'm not a huge coffee drinker anyway so I always add creamer no matter where I'm at. My g/f is the exact opposite thou and could live off of only coffee if she could and even she drinks it and says it's ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom