Say.... What if Avatarland got cancelled?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
And all that $$$ freed up to fix existing attractions and add some love to DHS. Pixarland? Please. One attraction and one gift shop does not a land make.

wilkeliza

If it does fall through I say Disney should take the money and actually make the beast kingdom or whatever it was called. I always am a little sad going to AK and seeing the Dragon on the sign but no dragons are in the park. I think a section dedicated to the fantasy of mystical creatures would be a better place to put your money long term than Avatar. Think about it dragons and such have been around for hundreds of year and still are as popular of a fantasy as ever.

menamechris

Like most everything else - we will never know if it gets cancelled. Disney would never admit that they dropped a project to the public. We will just simply not hear anything about it again. And considering we havent heard anything in the least since like last October, it may have happened already...

shmmrname

Put an Avatar-themed attraction in one of the empty areas of DHS, and 'spin' it to pretend there wasn't a cancellation...

then, announce a new 'land' in AK once you get a better fit (that's also not an over-reach in economics).

misterID

Everything I've heard is that it's happening no matter what.

Bt then again, there's always a chance you'll get your way and be able to stare at an empty plot and complain for the next 10 years about why they don't build anything.

AvengersWDW

Banned
Everything I've heard is that it's happening no matter what.

Bt then again, there's always a chance you'll get your way and be able to stare at an empty plot and complain for the next 10 years about why they don't build anything.

but but but a empty lot is better than Avatar since no one even saw that movie right?

katarn112

And all that $$$ freed up to fix existing attractions and add some love to DHS. Pixarland? Please. One attraction and one gift shop does not a land make.

The general public doesn't want Pixar, or the Muppets, or anything like that. They want Harry Potter. They want Star Wars. They want Avatar. This is why Wizarding World was so successful, IMO.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The general public doesn't want Pixar, or the Muppets, or anything like that. They want Harry Potter. They want Star Wars. They want Avatar. This is why Wizarding World was so successful, IMO.

I don't necessarily want more Pixar either. I just used that area of DHS to illustrate all the empty or under-utilized parts of that park. Our family loves DHS, but I can clearly see how families with small kids would find it to be a half-day park.
We always get 10 day Parkhopper passes (with waterparks/more), but have never spent more than 5 hours at DAK on any given trip.
I'm not hating on the Avatarland idea - it's just that the limited info released sounded meh. For us, we hit the safari, EE, Dinosaur and maybe KRR and then head on over to a "real" park.
This is our experience. I appreciate that it may not be your's.

katarn112

I don't necessarily want more Pixar either. I just used that area of DHS to illustrate all the empty or under-utilized parts of that park. Our family loves DHS, but I can clearly see how families with small kids would find it to be a half-day park.
We always get 10 day Parkhopper passes (with waterparks/more), but have never spent more than 5 hours at DAK on any given trip.
I'm not hating on the Avatarland idea - it's just that the limited info released sounded meh. For us, we hit the safari, EE, Dinosaur and maybe KRR and then head on over to a "real" park.
This is our experience. I appreciate that it may not be your's.

Oh that's definitely my experience as well. I think that's part of the reason I'm so excited about avatar land, finally a massive expansion for AK. That and I actually did enjoy the Avatar film. :)

misterID

I'd say I hate to say I told ya so, but I did see it coming.

Did I miss something? This is confirmed, or is it just wishful thinking... per usual?

And it's kind of funny that so many think that if this does get canceled that it's budget will be allocated for a new project or to refurb anything :lol:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Did I miss something? This is confirmed, or is it just wishful thinking... per usual?

And it's kind of funny that so many think that if this does get canceled that it's budget will be allocated for a new project or to refurb anything :lol:

This is my concern to. For the people who dislike Avatar, don't think that it would immediatly be replaced by something "better" if it got canceled. They could sit around for years waiting for the next big thing to come along to create an attraction around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom