It's a Long Way Down the Holiday Road! - A March 2012 PTR

Hello everyone and greetings from Connecticut! This will be my very first PTR/TR. My best friend and I are heading down to WDW March 24-29. We are both super excited for it. Back when I got home from taking my parents to WDW in October, I saw free dining for the spring. I knew I had to take advantage of it! What better time to head to WDW than for my BFFL's birthday?! The special thing about this trip is that we are driving down. It will be my first official road trip (other than Cape Cod and PA).

Our plan is to leave Thursday 3/22, after we are both out of work. Hopefully, we will be on the road between 5:00p-6:30p. That night, we will just drive till we cannot anymore! The goal is to make it to Richmond, VA at the least. I have done some research and found a newly renovated Red Roof Inn there. I will probably be running on no sleep! But, that's okay. The following day, we will make it to Florida. There are quite a few RRI's near WDW. I'll also be keeping my eye on Groupon for any possible discounts!

On our last day at WDW, we will spend a half day in MK. Now, the thing is, my best friend may have an interview at the Tampa office of the insurance company he works for. If he gets to job, it will end up being a very nice promotion. If he gets an interview, we will be heading to Tampa thursday night. Friday after his interview, we will head to Savannah or Myrtle Beach. Then Atlantic City, then home! We both took off Monday 4/2 as a recouperating day. If I need to, I'll take off the 3rd as well! Shh :lol:

Here's me, Liz, enjoying my 23rd birthday at CP:
315011_2140412424986_1086420136_31872635_94761213_n.jpg

Here's my stunning best friend, Pat:
183797_974645006579_14829529_50638324_2324015_n.jpg

Now, here are some Disney details. We will be staying at CSR. I did not book a preferred room. But, I requested Casitas or Cabanas since they will be doing some sort of work on Ranchos. Maybe roof work or painting.. can't remember! Here is a bit from our itinerary:

3/24
Check in at CSR
Lunch at Yak and Yeti 1:00p
Possible visit to the outlets
Dinner & drinks at DTD

3/25
MK in the AM to get the more popular attractions done
Relax at the resort.. swim, have some drinks, maybe book a massage?
'Ohana at 4:30p
Back to the MK for EMH till 3:00a

3/26
Pat's birthday!
DHS till 3:30p/4:00p
Kouzzina at 6:55p
Jellyrolls till close

3/27
EMH at EPCOT
Biergarten at 5:05p

3/28
EPCOT
Lunch at Le Cellier 1:25p
Dinner at Beaches 'n Cream or DTD

3/29
Check out of CSR
EMH at MK
Leave around 4:30p/5:00p

I get sad just writing about the last day at WDW! This is shaping up to be a really great trip. I cannot wait to document everything and share it with you all. Just have to remember to get pictures of all the food, drinks, topiaries, sights, rides, etc!

minnielaw

Hello Liz! Loving the trip report so far. Can't wait to read more. Excited to hear your thoughts on CSR. My boys really want to stay here but we decided to do BWV for our fall vacation.

foreverbelle

Oh you are going to have so much fun!! I can't wait to hear all about it. Enjoy the trip and looking forward to the TR once you get back.

PolynesianPrincess

Sounds like you guys will have a blast!! :wave: My Mom spent her birthday at WDW last year and we will be there again this year for it!!

CSR looks super beautiful. My grandmother lives in Arizona and the buildings and grounds at CSR remind me of the little neighborhood she lives in. Totally different than up here in the Northeast!!

emcclay

Original Poster
Hello Liz! Loving the trip report so far. Can't wait to read more. Excited to hear your thoughts on CSR. My boys really want to stay here but we decided to do BWV for our fall vacation.

Thank you! I can't wait to work on the TP. But, of course I don't want my trip to be over yet! Haha. I really love CSR and the ambiance of the resort. There are always activities at the main pool. BWI is on my Disney bucket list.. maybe next year :)

Oh you are going to have so much fun!! I can't wait to hear all about it. Enjoy the trip and looking forward to the TR once you get back.

My best friend and I are so excited. I'm really hoping to turn him into a Disney fanatic. :ROFLOL: He used to go to WDW every year when he was younger. This will be a different experience for him.

Sounds like you guys will have a blast!! :wave: My Mom spent her birthday at WDW last year and we will be there again this year for it!!

CSR looks super beautiful. My grandmother lives in Arizona and the buildings and grounds at CSR remind me of the little neighborhood she lives in. Totally different than up here in the Northeast!!

A birthday at WDW is like nothing else! Everyone should experience it once in their lifetime, no matter how old they are. CSR is such a relaxing resort. It's a really good place to go back to after a day in the parks. You never have to wait long for buses to the parks. The bus lines heading back to CSR are never long. I can definitely appreciate a change of scenery from the NE! At least we should be done with the snow for now :sohappy:

excellent choice I love that you can get a steak dinner as a counter srevice at this resort om nom nom nom

I have never tried PM for dinner! We might if we don't end up going to DTD on the first night. I loved going to PM for breakfast and eating outside. Hoping to still be able to do this. We might just have to load our plates with food so we don't have to go back in for seconds.

emcclay

Original Poster
Finally starting to write up my TR today! :sohappy: I expect a chapter or two to be up tonight!

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Road Trips! My Favorite especially with a great destination.
Sounds like you had a solid plan set up.

Can't wait to see how it went!

BTW - Way to go representing our little town of P-ville on the WDWmagic boards! :wave:

emcclay

Original Poster
Road Trips! My Favorite especially with a great destination.
Sounds like you had a solid plan set up.

Can't wait to see how it went!

BTW - Way to go representing our little town of P-ville on the WDWmagic boards! :wave:

:wave: Hello fellow Plainvillian! It's a small world :ROFLOL:

I have about 1/4 of it done already, the link is in my sig!

Sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy your trip and may pixie dust be your guide! :wave:

The trip was great, thanks! :sohappy:

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Awesome job! What a great report. Especially the ohana part.:slurp:
My favorite meal of our trip and always a Must do!

emcclay

Original Poster
Awesome job! What a great report. Especially the ohana part.:slurp:
My favorite meal of our trip and always a Must do!

Thanks! :) I try to add on a little more to the TR every few days.

I looooooooooooooooved 'Ohana. Can't wait to bring my parents there!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom