What do you think of the Carribbean Beach Resort?

Mickey92

Hi all,

We once stayed at, ages ago, the CBR! We thought it wasn't that great to be honest.. Seemed very basic although if I remember correctly the rooms were nice :) nice styling and colours!

The food however was quite basic, but the chocolate mickey waffles was a BIG hit with myself! But other than that it really did seem basic. We also went to the restaurant there and if I remember correctly, the service and choice on the menu wasn't great :/

I was just wondering what everybody else thinks of the resort?

Thanks,

Tristan

wdwmomof3

Hi all,

We once stayed at, ages ago, the CBR! We thought it wasn't that great to be honest.. Seemed very basic although if I remember correctly the rooms were nice :) nice styling and colours!

The food however was quite basic, but the chocolate mickey waffles was a BIG hit with myself! But other than that it really did seem basic. We also went to the restaurant there and if I remember correctly, the service and choice on the menu wasn't great :/

I was just wondering what everybody else thinks of the resort?

Thanks,

Tristan

We have stayed there once, about 9 years ago and I don't ever see us gong back to CBR. While it was nice, it was so spread out and it made it hard with little ones at that time.

We prefer POR for many reasons. Plus, it's just home to us now.

Upvote 0

tarin24u

We stayed there in 2000 and it was a really fun first trip for our kids. We enjoyed everything about the resort and didn't feel it was too big at all. We have not stayed there again because we like to stay somewhere different each visit but I do think it's a great resort for families with little ones.

Upvote 0
We stayed there in 2000. It was our first Disney resort and it gave us a bad impression to be honest. We said we'd never stay on Disney property again. We thought the rooms were really run down as well as the buildings themselves. We hated how you basically had to catch a bus to the food court unless you wanted to take a really long walk. We didn't think the food court was good either.

Years later we decided to stay at POP in order to take advantage of free dining and are going on our 3rd stay there. We love POP. If we were offered a free upgrade to CBR from POP we would never take it.

I know there are plenty out there that love it but we aren't one of those families that do.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Here We Go Again!

Well we stayed at CBR,on our first visit,Aruba,eight years ago,and had no complaints about anything,but our next visit was POFQ,and we really enjoyed the theme scene better,then on our third visit we stayed at PORS. Wow,this was truly beautiful,and this year will be our third stay at good old Riverside.Now as far as rooms go,were never in them long enough to compare but it makes me chuckle when I read about some complaints like,the flush from the toilets,the ouse on the carpet,the air cons too noisy.The only thing we like to judge is the food,quality,presentation,ambience,that sort of thing.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

docdebbi

i have stayed at cbr multiple times, as well as several other moderates and almost all deluxes. CBR is one of my favorites. yes, it is spread out, but we rent a car when we go. we have always asked for the furthest building because it is so quiet and peaceful in the mornings, just us, the mist on the river and several types of wildlife. no building across from you to stare at, just nature! (or at least, nature that was brought in and planted there by disney:ROFLOL:)
anyway, we love CBR. the food is actually pretty good at the counter services, no real caribbean flare, but some nice variations on disney food.
with a car, it is easy.....one would go get lunch and bring it back to the room while the others got the little ones ready for naptime. quick lunch, naps and back to the park for the evening. so with little guys we found it easy.
without a car, not so easy, if you had to wait and take a bus, i'm seeing very cold, nasty food when you get back! considering the price of a disney vaca to begin with, a few hundred extra for the convenience of a car always made sense to us. you can get one for a week on priceline for like 200 bucks (unless it's a holiday week). that makes CBR quite an enjoyable place
great theme-ing, great pools, pirate rooms if you want..........go for it. disney food in general is better than 15 years ago- although not as good as say 5-6 years ago before all the free dining stuff started!

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

It's a Small World After All.

Hi all,

The food however was quite basic, but the chocolate mickey waffles was a BIG hit with myself! But other than that it really did seem basic. We also went to
Hi Tristan,Just off the phone to a friend who has just returned from WDW. They had a two resort vacation,first week at CBR,and second week at CS,they preferred CBS. But it's always what your own ideas are and iam sure you'll enjoy whatever resort you pick,hear from you soon,yours truly,the one and only[mad hatter].

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We stayed there several times when our kids were young (early 90's) and since it was our first experience with a Disney hotel we loved it.

Fast forward to December, 2010. DH and I decided to stay there again for old times sake. We absolutely hated it, and swore we would never stay there again. The bus service was horrible, the food court was very poor, and overcrowded, and the whole theme of the rooms was now Nemo, which although I love Nemo obviously, had absolutely nothing to do with the Caribbean. We found the staff to be far less than helpful also. I was nursing a knee injury at the time, and we had specifically asked for a room near a bus stop (any bus stop). The room we were given was probably the furthest they could find from a bus stop, and when we mentioned that to them, they didn't even try to find another room ( my injury was pretty apparent at the time too).
We both said that we'd have been better off at any of the Value resorts, given the additional cost of staying there.

Upvote 0

Philhar-Fanatic

We stayed there for our first trip. Everything was fine but we just felt that it was nothing special. We've since stayed at POFQ...breathtaking! Then Pop 2 years in a row. Now there's two resorts that we LOVE!!

Upvote 0

gccgrad1996

beautiful but not our cup of tea

We stayed here in 2009 and thought it was a beautiful resort and my girls loved the pool, but we would never stay there again. We are spoiled by the small size of the French Quarter and the theme of both the French Quarter and Riverside are more our thing. I think if you are a island lover or a couple with no kids or kids that don't mind a possible very long walk to the food court and large pool, which we had, you might love the CBR. For us, we will be staying at the French Quarter or Riverside.
Plus I hate the fact that we had a second floor room with no elevator. Fun when coming back late from one of the parks with two exhausted kids. And when checking in and out with all our luggage was great. We have been lucky enough to always be on the first floor at the French Quarter and Riverside. :)

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

We love it, love it, love it. Did I mention we love it? Yes, it's big but if you want a certain area, ask for it and they do their best to put you there. With all the crap you eat at Disney, God knows you need that little walk to the food court and pool anyway. And really, from our room the walk to the feature pool was 3 minutes, tops, from Jamaica. The Old Port Royale pool is beautiful and it's great to be sitting poolside and lakeside at the same time. The rooms are just fine. Just like any other but notably bigger than the values. Love the 2 sinks. HUGE benefit over the values for our family, all trying to get ready in the morning.
As for the food court, we've stayed at quite a few other places and really, aside from Pop, I think this one is my favorite. They have a huge selection. I think people just like to complain because this place has everything from burgers to pasta to wraps to rice dishes to you get the picture.
We are a beach family. So for us, this place is perfect. POFQ may be beautiful but it is not for us. POR is nice, love the boat to DTD, but just darker with a lot of trees, dark buildings, dark woods, we don't feel cheeful there. CSR is full of business people attending conventions. That is NOT what I want at all. We go back and forth from sitting on the beach while the kids build sand castles to the pool listening to calypso music with a fruity concoction in hand, enjoying the scenery, sounds, and all CBR has to offer. The nightly campfire on the beach is great fun.
No elevators, no problem. Bell services moves your luggage for you anyway. At other resorts, we found ourselves going out of our way to use an elevator becuase the kids consider it another ride, but not really out of need. If you need 1st floor, just ask for it.
Unless you were in the room farthest from Old Port Royale, I just don't know how you could hate on this place. It's great. Hammocks by the water, steel drum music filling the air, sand under your toes or pools galore, your choice, an awesome food court, sounds like a great Disney vaca to me!

Upvote 0

Jarienn

Love CBR!

We just stayed at CBR in Dec 2011 with our 2 children ages 5 and 2 and we loved it! Since we always rent a car, the size of the resort has never been a concern, but we were in the Jamaica section this past trip and had no problems walking to Old Port Royale either. It was only about a 10min walk and my kids discovered the playground on Caribbean Cay which quickly became a favorite spot. My oldest also loved the lush landscaping and flowers.

We love that the rooms are larger than the other mods, but I have to say that my only complaint would be the double beds when there's more than enough room for queens. I certainly hope that the bed size will soon be upgraded to follow suit with the changes at PO and CSR.

We only dined in the food court one morning, but the breakfast platter was very good and probably better than some of the breakfasts we ate in the parks. It's pretty basic food court fare, but I got no complaints from my kids who actually thought that the Mickey waffles at the food court were better than the ones at Chef Mickey's.

We've stayed in many of the Disney resorts over the years and CBR is definitely one we plan to return to on our next trip!

Upvote 0

normbalko

We have stayed at CBR every time we've gone, and it has become as big a part of our vacation as the parks themselves. It is spread out, but there's nothing like that brisk morning walk for breakfast through the resort as the sun is just coming up. The quick service meals are basic I suppose, but they were always yummy. There is a certain smell in Old Port Royale and the gift shop, I just wish I could bottle it up. The main pool is nice, but there are individual pools as well that are usually empty (in January, anyways). I'm sure there are nicer resorts on property, but we love CBR.

Upvote 0

Figment2005

Over the last 5 years I have stayed at CBR twice and POFQ once. I really like the caribbean atmosphere and I also like the space it provides. Nothing like an early morning walk to the food court for breakfast. The food court isnt the best but I did really enjoy the breakfast quesadilla. Now I will admit, the resort could definitely use an overhaul. The rooms don't seem to be aging well, and we dud have a few technical issues with our room locks. I would stay there again, but not before checking out another resort.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

I've stayed at Caribbean twice and to be honest I wasn't a huge fan. It's not that I didn't really like it, it just wasn't anything special to me. I'd rather pay less and stay and Pop. I liked that better.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

CBR used to be a favorite of ours. The grounds are beautiful, no problems with bussing, love the Banana cabana bar, but the rooms have gotten run down over time. It's a motel six with some theming. Our last trip there in Sept was horrible, we had an infestation of bugs in both our rooms, on the curtains, the beds, shower, everywhere. If they ever redo the place and put new carpet, furniture, paint the place, maybe we would go back, but very unlikely. What a shame to have such beautiful grounds with a run down motel.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We loved CBR. Beautiful grounds, nice food court, relaxing steel drums music in the background. Jamaica and Aruba rooms are standard but we think they're the best with the short walk over the footbridge to the food court and main pool. Loved the hammocks on the "beach." Can't comment on the buses as we had a rental car.

Upvote 0

CaptainJackNO

We love it!! We will be staying there for the second time in 75 days. Nothing like walking around those beautiful grounds at night, enjoying the smell of the foliage and the water. ALso, nothing like sitting and enjoying breakfast with the palm trees and the sounds of Jimmy Buffett in the background. Love CBR. Plus, the pool area is amazing. Can't Wait!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

CaptainJackNO

We loved CBR. Beautiful grounds, nice food court, relaxing steel drums music in the background. Jamaica and Aruba rooms are standard but we think they're the best with the short walk over the footbridge to the food court and main pool. Loved the hammocks on the "beach." Can't comment on the buses as we had a rental car.

I agree!!! We were in Aruba.

Upvote 0

mpeters

My wife and I stayed there for our honeymoon in 2002 and loved it. We stayed in jamica. For the next two times we went to wdw we stayed there and on our thrid trip decided to switch it up to CS. Although it was nice, we felt CBR was better. Once we had children (twins) we upgraded to the Poly because of the ease of transportation with a double stroller. Now that our kids are 6, we are going back this August and booked CBR because we wont be taking the double stoller along with us this time (if we do the kids can sit without problems).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom