Misspellings in the Parks

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
So I've been working on another project lately and as such, I've been taking a lot of photos of a variety of different things.

In doing this, I have noticed several misspellings in the parks.

WDW1-25-12053.jpg

Check the spelling of Alex Trebek

DSC00049.jpg

• In Shish Kebab they spelled medley wrong
  • In Chicken Kebabs they spelled couscous wrong
  • In North Atlantic Salmon they spelled concassee wrong
DSC00051.jpg

• Kebabs not Kebobs

DSC00040.jpg

I had to verify that "tripple sec" isn't a brand name

DSC00355.jpg

Tusker House has the same problems... this time they spelled Cheerios two different ways

DSC00304.jpg

Here's another at the Royal Anandapur Tea Company "fragant" instead of "fragrant"

Itliancart3.jpg

This is an Italian Gelato stand in World Showcase. The Espresso Gelato contains a misspelling of the word "coffee"

real mad hatter

Nice One.

So I've been working on another project lately and as such, I've been taking a lot of photos of a variety of different things.

In doing this, I have noticed several misspellings in the parks.

WDW1-25-12053.jpg

Check the spelling of Alex Trebek

DSC00049.jpg

• In Shish Kebab they spelled medley wrong
  • In Chicken Kebabs they spelled couscous wrong
  • In North Atlantic Salmon they spelled concassee wrong
DSC00051.jpg

• Kebabs not Kebobs

DSC00040.jpg

I had to verify that "tripple sec" isn't a brand name

DSC00355.jpg

Tusker House has the same problems... this time they spelled Cheerios two different ways

DSC00304.jpg

Here's another at the Royal Anandapur Tea Company "fragant" instead of "fragrant"

Itliancart3.jpg

This is an Italian Gelato stand in World Showcase. The Espresso Gelato contains a misspelling of the word "coffee"

Well spotted.Oh by the way,in North Africa,a kebab is sometimes referred to as a kebob,just as in India,what we call poppadoms,they call them pap pads,which translates to wafer thin.:p

ToTBellHop

Behind the lobby at Pop Century is written such nonsense as "1960's." The apostrophe is inappropriate. Should be 1960s.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
There was a sign in the wine store in Germany at Epcot that said "desert" wines for the longest time. Last time we went it was finally fixed to say "dessert."

C&D

Remembered this from "The Hall of Presidents". Andrew Johnson quote: “It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.” ...
:)

HM GhostHostess

I have noticed that sometimes Cinderella Castle is spelled as Cinderella's Castle. As far as I know, Cinderella Castle is the official name of the castle.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Anyone have a link to a full photo of that handprints list?

I've got it as two separate photos

WDW1-25-12052.jpg

WDW1-25-12053.jpg

As for the kebabs/kebobs spelling - it's inconsistent. They can spell it kebobs on the menu if that's the only way they spell it. Notice I didn't put Tangierine Cafe on there, even though that's not how you spell tangerine.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch "Fantsy in the Sky"

Ah9eqxTCMAInJvX.jpg

Pioneer Hall

]

As for the kebabs/kebobs spelling - it's inconsistent. They can spell it kebobs on the menu if that's the only way they spell it. Notice I didn't put Tangierine Cafe on there, even though that's not how you spell tangerine.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch "Fantsy in the Sky"

I think that is an intentional play on words. Tangier is a city located in northern Morocco.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
For what it's worth, in the first picture (of the celebrity handprints), the plural possessive is misused. It should read Celebrities' and not Celebrity's.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I think that is an intentional play on words. Tangier is a city located in northern Morocco.

Yeah, that was my thought as well - I assumed that was intentional.

Also, I took new menu photos from Tusker House (the Cheerios one is older). And as of 1/5, Cheerios is still misspelled.

Tom

Beta Return
Wow. This really is absurd. Yes, there are millions of words and signs around the "world", but every single piece of graphic artwork - be it paper or signage - SHOULD go through an arsenal of checks. Heck, the graphic design software they use (likely InDesign, Illustrator, etc) have built-in spell-checks...so they're ignoring their first line of defense.

After that, they should have an entire team of proofreaders. And I'm sure just about everything they print passes through "legal" to make sure there's nothing offensive. Lots of eyes have to see these things before they hit the press. It's really a shame that there are this many errors. My local newspaper has fewer type-o's in a single printing.

p1010530-resize.jpg

The extra L was intended for the Towwer of Terrror, apparently.

I wonder if this one is "period". As in, maybe in the 1930s they spelled it with two L's.

I have noticed that sometimes Cinderella Castle is spelled as Cinderella's Castle. As far as I know, Cinderella Castle is the official name of the castle.

Disney is very weird about their use of possession. For instance, they'll call it Disney's Animal Kingdom, but then they'll name a ride Prince Charming Carousel. Why add someone's name in front of a noun and not make it possessive? Makes no sense to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom