GF DVC construction pictures

Scuttle

Original Poster
Took a few pics of the DVC construction at the GF. You can see where the shoreline will be extended into Seven Seas Lagoon. You can also see progress of the demolition of the GF tennis courts (which I hate because the tennis courts played into the GF theming so well). Anyway I figured some would be interested in the progress.

Attachments

• 12-5-11 089.jpg
    12-5-11 089.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 12-5-11 091.jpg
    12-5-11 091.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 12-5-11 092.jpg
    12-5-11 092.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 130
  • 12-5-11 093.jpg
    12-5-11 093.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 12-5-11 087.jpg
    12-5-11 087.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 144

Murphketeer

Took a few pics of the DVC construction at the GF. You can see where the shoreline will be extended into Seven Seas Lagoon. You can also see progress of the demolition of the GF tennis courts (which I hate because the tennis courts played into the GF theming so well). Anyway I figured some would be interested in the progress.

Thanks for the pictures. My wife cannot wait to stay here.

Scuttle

Original Poster
No problem. I think it'll look good when finished, but right now I am a bit skeptical. I do think it will ultimately ruin the wedding pavilion.

Scuttle

Original Poster
But there is no DVC being built at the GF!

I know right. Whats the over/under on how many weeks it will take Disney to announce it. I'd say 100 weeks would be fair. If I am not mistaken it took about 2 years of construction on BLT before Disney officially announced it.

NYwdwfan

I know right. Whats the over/under on how many weeks it will take Disney to announce it. I'd say 100 weeks would be fair. If I am not mistaken it took about 2 years of construction on BLT before Disney officially announced it.

I'll take the over.

Thanks for the photos - the progression of the shoreline will be interesting to watch.

Pioneer Hall

The decision on the announcement will come when they feel that have sufficiently sold enough points at SSR, AKL, and BLT.

Murphketeer

No problem. I think it'll look good when finished, but right now I am a bit skeptical. I do think it will ultimately ruin the wedding pavilion.

I'm not sure about that. I've seen wedding over at Boardwalk, those guests didn't seem to mind the closeness of ESPN or the Beach Club in the background. It seems to me at the wedding chapel most of the pictures have usually been taken from the south side of the building anyway, shielding the GF already. I don't think this will change those angles much.

Pioneer Hall

Do you think the progress in Hawaii will have an impact?

Probably not that much. The two resorts are being marketed to different groups I think. People who want to have their home resort at WDW aren't even going to consider Aulani. They are going to choose from the options available at WDW at the time.

Jo DeVil

Do they plan on opening a walk way between GF and MK, I like the resorts that you can walk to and fro for BLT for MK, BCV and BWV for DHS and Epcot

Scuttle

Original Poster
Do they plan on opening a walk way between GF and MK, I like the resorts that you can walk to and fro for BLT for MK, BCV and BWV for DHS and Epcot

I think at some point TDO will have to build a draw bridge over the canal. I think it would elleviate a lot of the congestion on the resort monorails at closing time.

COProgressFan

I'm not sure about that. I've seen wedding over at Boardwalk, those guests didn't seem to mind the closeness of ESPN or the Beach Club in the background. It seems to me at the wedding chapel most of the pictures have usually been taken from the south side of the building anyway, shielding the GF already. I don't think this will change those angles much.

It will make a huge difference.

If you are having a wedding at the pavilion solely to take pictures, then sure, those angles won't change. (Though they do take a ton of wedding pictures on the beach where the building is going). If you have a wedding for the enjoyment of yourself and guests, then having a huge building next door to the wedding pavilion will make a tremendous difference to the atmosphere and setting.

COProgressFan

I think at some point TDO will have to build a draw bridge over the canal. I think it would elleviate a lot of the congestion on the resort monorails at closing time.

Well, there certainly were plans for this, as part of the Walk Around the World bricks project. However, it was not continued due to cost.

NYwdwfan

Well, there certainly were plans for this, as part of the Walk Around the World bricks project. However, it was not continued due to cost.

My dad insisted you could - despite me telling him you could't - and dragged my mom on a walk from MK to the canal, and back to the monorail. :brick:

Goes along with my husband insisting you can walk from the Contemporary to the Wilderness lodge. :brick:

It would be a welcome touch - having stayed at BC the last trip and being able to walk to EPCOT and DHS was a really nice option.

I wonder if they could weighed the cost of building the bridge against the cost of the monorail wear and tear?

Scuttle

Original Poster
It will make a huge difference.

If you are having a wedding at the pavilion solely to take pictures, then sure, those angles won't change. (Though they do take a ton of wedding pictures on the beach where the building is going). If you have a wedding for the enjoyment of yourself and guests, then having a huge building next door to the wedding pavilion will make a tremendous difference to the atmosphere and setting.

Can I still take the under?

Lol. I'm still in a state of shock that they announced it already.

Murphketeer

Probably not that much. The two resorts are being marketed to different groups I think. People who want to have their home resort at WDW aren't even going to consider Aulani. They are going to choose from the options available at WDW at the time.

Thanks for the reply. that's a good point about the different groups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom