New Year's Eve Announcement?

puntagordabob

I am sure this adds up to nothing - but buried in this press release is a reference to a "special surprise announcement on New Year's Eve." I am assuming New Year's Eve 2011? Out of curiosity, does anyone know what this announcement is?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/news/2012-planning/

Maybe something to do with the new daytime parade rumors have been circulating about for a while created with help from the folks that helped Disneyland design the floats for Soundsational?

71jason

That seems like a stretch, guys (if that close to opening, why not do it Crhistmas week when WDW NEEDS the capacity--and upcharge for NYE)...

but I confess I don't have a clue what this could be.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
That seems like a stretch, guys (if that close to opening, why not do it Crhistmas week when WDW NEEDS the capacity--and upcharge for NYE)...

but I confess I don't have a clue what this could be.

I'm not saying it would open THAT NIGHT as that would be...dumb for them. Just that maybe they can announce by summer or something, who knows? Anything telling us is going on would be good

DaGoof00

Maybe details on "Avatarland"... Interesting; although, I feel like an announcement should be made on the Christmas Day Parade - after all, it is a big ole commercial for them :)

Mouse Detective

Uh, Oh! McDonald's is coming back... sounds like another major announcement by Meg and TDO:ROFLOL:

Well reading the Disney blog announcement a little more closely, it does say this about Downtown Disney:

DOWNTOWN DISNEY® AREA
And finally, what's there to do when you're not in the Parks or it's way after dark? Plenty. At the Downtown Disney area, you'll find unique shopping, delicious dining, live music and even incredible, new nighttime entertainment.

Hmmmm!

trr1

Well reading the Disney blog announcement a little more closely, it does say this about Downtown Disney:

DOWNTOWN DISNEY® AREA
And finally, what's there to do when you're not in the Parks or it's way after dark? Plenty. At the Downtown Disney area, you'll find unique shopping, delicious dining, live music and even incredible, new nighttime entertainment.

Hmmmm!

nudie bar :sohappy: :ROFLOL:

Bork Bork

DOWNTOWN DISNEY® AREA

Hmmmm!

I'm pretty sure it just refers to the already announced Splitsville bowling and billiards center.

Crockett

Banned
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what this announcement is?
Fw.jpg

asianway

The emphasis on leap year makes me wonder if there was some truth to the posting on micechat about a 24 hour party at DL on Feb 29, maybe a dual coast event?

Atomicmickey

Given what we've gotten lately like D23, etc. (Avatarland being different, and a bolt out of the blue), I'm going to expect nothing, and not pay attention.

That's the safest thing to do these days.

Then, if it's something, I'll find out, here.

captainkidd

I'm pretty sure it just refers to the already announced Splitsville bowling and billiards center.

You're probably right. How sad is it that Disney considers a bowling alley and pool hall to be "incredible nighttime entertainment"?

Yeah - Can't get that at home.

Murphketeer

There's already quite a bit going on. But there's always room for more speculation. I can't wait to see what turns up. There's only a few weeks until this news is here.

Have a Magical Day everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom