The "NEW" Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
After an extensive renovation to both the Swan and Dolphin, I decided to go in today on my off-day and get some pictures to show everyone how the hotel looks now. It's definitely more contemporary and a lot more of Starwood's style.

I hope you enjoy the pictures! To start - the Swan.

SwanDolphin012.jpg

SwanDolphin011.jpg

SwanDolphin014.jpg

SwanDolphin007.jpg

SwanDolphin004.jpg

SwanDolphin003.jpg

SwanDolphin001.jpg

The wall behind the front desk, made of the rarest and most expensive wood in the world:
SwanDolphin016.jpg

And the detail of the wood:
SwanDolphin019.jpg

imagineer boy

Why do they call it the "dolphin" when all its icons are dumpy fish? They could call it, "The WDW Swan and Dumpy Fish resorts." :lol:

Looks VERY nice BTW.

maggiegrace1

Why do they call it the "dolphin" when all its icons are dumpy fish? They could call it, "The WDW Swan and Dumpy Fish resorts." :lol:

Looks VERY nice BTW.
Because its a Dolphin fish!!!!:brick:

I love the dolphin...Its awesome and they have a great pool and beach area..:)

Tigger1988

Looks VERY nice BTW.

I always thought the same thing but my mom informed me that its actually a dolphin fish...not a dolphin, so if your eating and you see dolphin on the menu, don't worry you aren't eating flipper, but rather a dolphin fish.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolphin_fish

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
SwanDolphin078.jpg

SwanDolphin086.jpg

SwanDolphin088.jpg

SwanDolphin094.jpg

Flying out of Orlando Int'l or Sanford...print your boarding pass here:
SwanDolphin097.jpg

SwanDolphin103.jpg

SwanDolphin105.jpg

SwanDolphin108.jpg

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed the pictures!

SpenceMan01

The wall behind the front desk, made of the rarest and most expensive wood in the world:
SwanDolphin016.jpg

I wonder what was running through their heads when they decided this one...

"Hey, this here's the worlds rarest and most expensive wood, what are we going to do with it? Lets chop a ton of it up and put it in a hotel!"

:lol:

Thanks for the pics Scotty. If I ever get a 6 figure job, I'll have to swing by and check the place out. :animwink:

SpenceMan01

Wow, its amazing how tacky it looked before compared to its current state.

I agree. I think I'd almost be upset if I had paid big-bucks to stay in the hotel and I arrived to find it looking like that. My first thought would be, "When did they move the Tiki Room here from the Magic Kingdom?" :lol:

CJR

So which one do you like better, the Swan or the Dolphin? They both seem really similar, but I'm sure one has better perks than the other over certain features, while the other makes it up with having other features. Hope that made sense.

WDWScottieBoy

Original Poster
I prefer (working) the Swan because of it's size and it always seems to be nicer there. Of course by name in the Starwood chain, Westin is the top.

I just like the feel of how it is at the Swan more as it's more of the family hotel where the Dolphin is more of a business hotel.

HinunterZuNich

Wow! Thanks for the great pics, I miss staying at the Dolphin. I've always thought the resorts were great and now the rescent refurbishment of the whole resort made everything 100x better.

Wow!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom