There's a Great Big Bootifull Trip Report

Just got back from a quick getaway weekend doing something I'd never done before - WDW by boot. It all started several weeks ago when I tore a tendon in my foot, and I've spent the last 2 1/2 months wearing this enormous velcro boot. I had hoped I'd be "heeled":animwink: before this trip, but unfortunately The Boot really wanted to see the World. I realized that there would be limits to what rides The Boot and I could comfortably do, but with a lot of help from my great family and some wonderful CM's, we had a great time.

So.... meet The Boot

Disneyboot229-1.jpg

We started our first day at AK

Fuji001-1.jpg

After a very informative ride on the Safari, we stopped to see the Flights of Wonder show. We hadn't seen this in a long time, so we really enjoyed it, and The Boot loved sitting in the front row.

Disneyboot019-1.jpg

Nemo14

Original Poster
We were getting hungry, so we headed to Flame Tree for a peaceful lunch....

Disneyboot051-1.jpg

We were immediately greeted by the locals, obviously jealous of The Boot.

Disneyboot052-1.jpg

Next we went to the Festival of the Lion King - great show!

Disneyboot080-1.jpg

Last edited:

Nemo14

Original Poster
Climbing in and out of the tram with the doors was really a nuisance with The Boot, so we drove over to the Poly and rode the monorail in to the MK (don't tell anyone) The Boot was much more comfortable there...

Disneyboot084-1.jpg

and loved the view...

Disneyboot088-1.jpg

Soon we were in the MK!!

Disneyboot091-1.jpg

Nemo14

Original Poster
We had limited time in the MK since we had tickets for LaNouba that night, so we decided to head for Adventureland and work our way around from there, then catch whatever we missed on Monday.
First stop - the New Old Tiki Birds!

Disneyboot094-1.jpg

followed by a cruise down the jungle....

Disneyboot105-1.jpg

and Pirates!

Disneyboot115-1.jpg

Disneyboot116-1.jpg

(well actually the gift shop after we did Pirates....)

Time for a Dole Whip float!

Disneyboot117-1.jpg

Nemo14

Original Poster
and we couldn't leave without riding the People Mover

Disneyboot125-1.jpg

Disneyboot126-1.jpg

One last look at the castle

Disneyboot127-1.jpg

and we took the launch to the Poly for a very quick bite to eat at Captain Cook's, then we were off to DTD for La Nouba. Great show!!

Nemo14

Original Poster
Sunday morning The Boot was feeling festive, so it donned the flowers I had got at the Poly Saturday night.

Disneyboot133-1.jpg

We started the day at DHS

Disneyboot135-1.jpg

and had a surprisingly short wait for TSM. Note the monkey trying to kidnap The Boot. You really have to be careful around those little buggers....

Disneyboot137-1.jpg

Fortunately Mr. PotatoHead was watching...
Disneyboot139-1.jpg

Anyway, we had a lot of fun in line, and the ride was great until it broke down and we had to be unloaded and walked, make that hobbled, off. But we got Fast Passes for later, so it was OK.

We rolled on over to Muppets just in time for the show.
Disneyboot148-1.jpg

then, after checking out the progress on the Osborne lights, we headed for Star Tours. No boot shot here, just the door....

Disneyboot152-1.jpg

Nemo14

Original Poster
We decided to check back on TSM and it was back up and running, so we used our fast passes to avoid the nasty blue monkey.

Disneyboot156-1.jpg

DD and her DH went on to ride ToT and RnRC while we just relaxed and enjoyed the atmosphere...

Disneyboot158-1.jpg

Disneyboot157-1.jpg

We grabbed some lunch there and watched some pretty ominous clouds roll in. Fortunately we were under cover, so we just waited out the shower, then headed out for our next stop - EPCOT! Unfortunately, the "shower" wasn't completely over, and as we started walking to the car the sky opened up and we got quite wet.

Nemo14

Original Poster
We had to make a quick stop at SoG for my SIL to pick up a couple more military ticket vouchers, and since we had never been there before, The Boot and I took a "walk" around to check out the lobby.

Disneyboot159-1.jpg

It's really a very pretty resort, and SIL mentioned she might want to stay there some time....

Anyway, the rain let up by the time we got to Epcot, so we hobbled right on to SSE.
Disneyboot160-1.jpg

We made a quick stop at Guest relations, and the CM there admired The Boot's festive decoration and gave us a First Visit pin for The Boot to wear.

Disneyboot161-1.jpg

TheMouseFan

Wow! I feel for you. Those boots are hot. I've had one on each ankle in the past. At least you were able to make the best of your trip! Can't wait to read more.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Club Cool was a welcome break....it's always fun to watch people experience Beverly for the first time.

Disneyboot170-1.jpg

The wait for Soarin' wasn't bad, so DD and I rode that while the others rode the boat ride through The Land.

Disneyboot174-1.jpg

Imagination was not busy at all (is it ever?), and The Boot got a kick out of Figment.

Disneyboot175-1.jpg

Disneyboot176-1.jpg

Nemo14

Original Poster
We didn't dine here....

Disneyboot177-1.jpg

but we did watch O Canada. There were several Canadians in the audience with us, which was kind of fun to "see" it through their eyes.

We finally got to see Off Kilter again - the past few trips we've missed them

Disneyboot178-1.jpg

After doing a lot of people-watching and just enjoying the atmosphere at World Showcase, DH and I decided on Fish and Chips for dinner, while SIL had a craving for American food, so we got our fish to go and ate with her at the American Gardens. It was very strange how quiet Epcot was that night - even the background music was quiet, if at all existant. We had reserved spots for Illuminations, from the tour that DH and SIL had done earlier in the week, but really we could have got great spots just about anywhere that night. We were across from Italy, and it was quite bizarre seeing Wishes going off in the distance, while Illuminations was going on in front of us. Anyway, it was great as always - I never get tired of it.

Disneyboot181-1.jpg

erstwo

Can't see the pictures. :( So posting to see if I can see them after I post!

ETA - It worked! Now to read......

Nemo14

Original Poster
Monday was our final day, and it seemed that anything that could delay us did that day, but we finally made it back to MK. I had found my WDWMagic pin that morning, so The Boot had to wear that with the First Visit pin....:rolleyes:
Disneyboot228-1.jpg

We started at the Laugh Factory. The past few times we have done this, the audience participants have been awesome, and today was no exception - I love it when they ham it up!
Disneyboot230-1.jpg

I really stink at Buzz Lightyear, so I had no high hopes of doing any better this time. I was not disappointed....:lol:

Disneyboot232-1.jpg

erstwo

OK - I love that your boot got a 'first visit' pin! :lol:

Why was your trip through It's a Small World painful? Was the ride restricting to the boot or is it just the song?

Nemo14

Original Poster
We concluded our visit to Tomorrowland with a spin around the Carousel of Progress. What can I say - it's the song that gets to me..

There's a Great Big Bootiful Tomorrow..." :D
Disneyboot235-1.jpg

Disneyboot240-1.jpg

And once again it was time to leave my MK....:(

Disneyboot246-1.jpg

We ferried back to the TTC, then bid a fond farewell to the parks

Disneyboot248-1.jpg

Nemo14

Original Poster
We made a quick stop at Earl of Sandwich, did a little shopping, and headed out to the airport. It was a short trip, but fun anyway. Hopefully I'll never have to do this in a boot again!

Nemo14

Original Poster
OK - I love that your boot got a 'first visit' pin! :lol:

Why was your trip through It's a Small World painful? Was the ride restricting to the boot or is it just the song?
Well the song is quite painful, as we all know, but the boot was just too big for the space between the seats, and there wasn't really room to sit at an angle, so my foot was basically twisted through the whole ride. I was ready to scream by the time we got to the White room.

Nemo14

Original Poster
Wow! I feel for you. Those boots are hot. I've had one on each ankle in the past. At least you were able to make the best of your trip! Can't wait to read more.
Thanks - it was hot, but I've had it so long now that I don't even notice the heat. I found wearing a cotton sock under it keeps it much more comfortable. Hopefully I'll be rid of it next week - I've had enough!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom