Fantasyland Expansion

allstar01

Original Poster
Was wondering of anyone new of any exact dates for when the new Fantasyland will be open? I am at the World as we speak but only see signs saying open 2012. Thanks

As far as I know they haven't given an exact date for that yet. I'm sure they wont announce it until construction is near completion. They wont want to give a date and then have to change it!

Can't wait until they finally do announce it though! I'll be booking a trip!!

Tom

Beta Return
Was wondering of anyone new of any exact dates for when the new Fantasyland will be open? I am at the World as we speak but only see signs saying open 2012. Thanks

We'll probably start to see LM and BatB opening in about a year.

Neverland

I heard Dumbo and the Great Goofini are set to open at the end of this year. I myself don't think that sounds accurate, but I do trust the person who told me that.

PKD

I heard Dumbo and the Great Goofini are set to open at the end of this year. I myself don't think that sounds accurate, but I do trust the person who told me that.

End of 2011 is a little early, it won't be ready by then, but the current timeline we are working with has Dumbo handed over to Op's in Feb 2012.

Scuttle

I think July is very possible. Especially if they are in fact test riding already. Since it's a phased opening anyway why wouldn't they open mermaid ASAP even if beast isn't ready?

JungleTrekFan

I think July is very possible. Especially if they are in fact test riding already. Since it's a phased opening anyway why wouldn't they open mermaid ASAP even if beast isn't ready?

I think BOG should be ready before Mermaid or even the Bell M&G and before Belles town square area. BOG is a pretty simple restaurant i would assume the hardest part of its construction was the rock work which is mostly (if not already) done.

The Little Mermaid still doesn't have the exterior of prince eric's castle, or the bottom half of the rock work done. Belle's M&G also still doesn't have a finished roof or any walls, its mainly just metal beams.

Im guessing Belles village area will be the last to open since only one or two the building metal beams are in place and it is the main construction entrance.

But we are entering the best time for construction in FL, its not raining every afternoon anymore, its less humid and not as unbearably hot. So construction should be more efficient.

Tom

Beta Return
It's safe to say that Beast and mermaid will be open By June-July.

That would be really pushing it. MAYBE soft openings, but unlikely that early.

Goofini and the train station will probably be ready in early 2012. Dumbo will follow, probably in spring.

It's calendar. Al indications are this LM and BatB won't open until late in 2012.

Dan

Right.

What are they testing? And BatB and LM are all Phase 1, and are supposed to open together.

I think BOG should be ready before Mermaid or even the Bell M&G and before Belles town square area. BOG is a pretty simple restaurant i would assume the hardest part of its construction was the rock work which is mostly (if not already) done.

The Little Mermaid still doesn't have the exterior of prince eric's castle, or the bottom half of the rock work done. Belle's M&G also still doesn't have a finished roof or any walls, its mainly just metal beams.

Im guessing Belles village area will be the last to open since only one or two the building metal beams are in place and it is the main construction entrance.

But we are entering the best time for construction in FL, its not raining every afternoon anymore, its less humid and not as unbearably hot. So construction should be more efficient.

Belle's cottage will open with the rest of BatB. There isn't a lot of work that goes into her place. Mostly interiors and theme.

The main construction entrance is where the new restrooms will go, between Beast and LM. Belle's MnG is over by Pinocchio's Village House.

Scuttle

We will just have to wait and see. I was told months ago the construction was ahead of schedule, but who knows if that is or even was the case. I could see soft openings happening in July though. Im sure TDO wants Mermaid open for the summer crowds.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
We will just have to wait and see. I was told months ago the construction was ahead of schedule, but who knows if that is or even was the case. I could see soft openings happening in July though. Im sure TDO wants Mermaid open for the summer crowds.

I'm sure they do, but I would imagine that right now the area would be under the control of WDI and not TDO. TDO would not get control of it until TDI releases the area. Basically the area would need a Certificate of Occupancy from WDI.

Please, please, don't let TDO take ANY control of this area away from WDI. This area needs to be done RIGHT.

koryadams

The last information I heard was late 2012 for the first phase, then 2013 for the rest. I know for a fact the first 2 things that will open will be Ariel's Adventure and Be Our Guest Restaurant. Summer 2012 is for Art of Animation resort, and that is even in phases now.

Unless they are ahead of schedule, that is the last info I have seen.

jt04

Really?...how underwhelming!

They want that coaster open ASAP for obvious reasons. :lookaroun I think opening SC first is reasonable for the capacity it will offer. No harm. And I can't wait to see the train station personally. I have a good feeling about it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
They want that coaster open ASAP for obvious reasons. :lookaroun I think opening SC first is reasonable for the capacity it will offer. No harm. And I can't wait to see the train station personally. I have a good feeling about it.

Oh, I agree that for capacity sake it makes perfect sense....I just was hoping for a little more of the really more exciting stuff (at least for me.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom