Seas Rumor*info that you should read*

Jerm

Original Poster
Well after getting into it here on the boards about the name of The Living Seas, I contacted one of my friends over at the parks. He not only gave me the "yes" to the new name of the pavillion The Seas with Nemo and Friends, he also gave me a bit of a heads that on my next trip I should plan on spending the last Friday (see next trip info below) I am there at EPCOT so I could see a grand opening:D unless I am happy with the soft opening that will be going on at the start of my stay.

While this is just word of mouth I would trust this person. Not saying you have too, but I know where I will be on that day.

J

natalia1681

So, when is this unofficial soft opening going to happen? I'll be there close to the time that you are there and would LOVE to see the new ride!:D:D:D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
They haven't even hired any CMs to operate the ride yet - how can your friend be so sure of anything?

And ask him/her why the cast flyers for working the attraction signups say Nemo's Undersea Adventure in italics.

socalkdg

mousermerf said:
They haven't even hired any CMs to operate the ride yet - how can your friend be so sure of anything?

And ask him/her why the cast flyers for working the attraction signups say Nemo's Undersea Adventure in italics.
Wouldn't the pavillion be called "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" while the ride would be "Nemo's Undersea Adventure"?

tirian

All documents currently say "The Living Seas" and name the ride "Nemo's Undersea Adventure." However, "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" has been tossed around as a potentially new title.

Frank Stallone

socalkdg said:
Wouldn't the pavillion be called "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" while the ride would be "Nemo's Undersea Adventure"?

We got a company-wide email a week or so ago, which stated the official new pavilion name as "The Seas with Nemo and Friends"

I remember the exact name of the clamobile ride is, but Nemo's Undersea Adventure sounds right.

KevinPage

I think:

The Living Seas: starring Nemo & Friends

has a much better flow to it. You keep the original name (honoring the past) while incoporating the new element into it.

This way it also doesn't sound like the pavillion has been totally hijacked and all the pavillions in Future World keep an "original' identity.

:D

WDWFREAK53

The Seas with Nemo and Friends just sounds like the dumbing down again. Almost like the Epcot wand...WE know that we're in Epcot...

Might as well just call it "SEE NEMO HERE!"

I don't have a problem naming the attraction after him...but why does the entire pavilion need to be named after him? The entire pavilion isn't Nemo...the tanks have nothing to do with him.

Oh well, I'm not saying the refurb wasn't needed or won't turn out well...I just wish the WDI minds could've come up with something a little more creative.

DisneyFreak1228

WDWFREAK53 said:
The Seas with Nemo and Friends just sounds like the dumbing down again. Almost like the Epcot wand...WE know that we're in Epcot...

Might as well just call it "SEE NEMO HERE!"

I don't have a problem naming the attraction after him...but why does the entire pavilion need to be named after him? The entire pavilion isn't Nemo...the tanks have nothing to do with him.

Oh well, I'm not saying the refurb wasn't needed or won't turn out well...I just wish the WDI minds could've come up with something a little more creative.

Well, he does have something to do with the tanks, Brian. There's that new projection technology they're using for the clammobile ride. (Which, I'm sorry, but they will NEVER be clammobiles, they will ALWAYS be seacabs...)

I'm just sad to see them rip apart TLS and add in a bunch of Nemo crap. It was my favorite pavillion at Epcot ever since I was little, and to see them take everything I grew up with away and add in all this current stuff and just ruin the pavillion, especially with the Turtle Talk show (which, don't get me wrong is great...but the 80 minute queue just seriously takes up a lot of space in a once quiet pavillion...now you can't walk out of there without having a headache from all the screaming and talking) But while I'm sad that they've overhauled TLS, I kinda wished they'd done something better than Nemo. Yes, I enjoyed the movie, but he's already got that show replacing Tarzan Rocks. I believe TLS could have benefited from just a serious rehab and a bringing back of the seacabs in their original form. But obviously, Nemo is bringing in the crowds that were lacking at that pavillion, so I guess whatever's needed in order to save it. Just...they need to figure out something for that dang Turtle Talk queue, because it's an eyesore and it's hell to be on the second floor with that thing.

kcnole

my only major complaint with that pavilion is the queue for turtle talk and I would assume that they've got plans to fix that queue during this rehab. One would hope so. They weren't going to bring back the seacabs in their original form because they were boring. As long as the ride is still teaching us, then I don't mind the nemo overlay.

I do agree, fix the queue for turtle talk however.

Boray

natalia1681 said:
So, when is this unofficial soft opening going to happen? I'll be there close to the time that you are there and would LOVE to see the new ride!:D:D:D

Anyone got a date on this?!?!? I'll be there October 21-27. It was closed at this time last year, so I didn't get to see it then either. It would really suck if I missed one of my favorite pavillions 2 years in a row!:fork:

PintoColvig

The Seas or The Living Seas...Doesn't matter much to me which one they use. If they include Nemo in the Pavillion, it is simply about pulling in more people, which is a good thing and would encourage improvements in other pavillions.

Also, I have to agree with the Turtle Talk queue. It's got to be one of the worst in all of WDW. Surely they have some backstage space for an additional theater or a better queue.

CaptainMichael

PintoColvig said:
The Seas or The Living Seas...Doesn't matter much to me which one they use. If they include Nemo in the Pavillion, it is simply about pulling in more people, which is a good thing and would encourage improvements in other pavillions.
I really, really, REALLY wish everyone would see it this way. The Nemo overlay of the pavillion is being done purely out of necessity. Either The Living Seas Pavillion stays the same and turns into WoL, or WDI adds a popular Nemo overlay with some Nemo attractions...I know which one I'd choose.

OmegaKnight

What I am wondering is how the queue for Nemo's Undersea Adventure is going to work because they tore the original LS out. You know this is going to be one popular attraction, especially with the kiddies. I don't think you could add a second Turtle Talk theatre just based on show issues. It wouldn't look right to see people going into 2 seperate theatres for a talk with Crush without kids wondering if Crush really is real (but they definitely could find a solution to the queue of ropes)

Chape19714

I've heard the newly opened pavilion will have the Turtle Talk line built-in. I don't know what truth there is to that, but it seems logical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom