Photopass added to TOT?

Tom

Beta Return
Has anyone heard that a photopass option has been added to Tower Of Terror? How will it work?

The same way it works at Test Track. You walk up to the booth and a CM will scan your PhotoPass card and your on-ride photo will be added to your PhotoPass account.

Jdlay

Has anyone heard that a photopass option has been added to Tower Of Terror? How will it work?

According to a post on Twitter, you can... For a fee.

“@BellHopDave: You can now put your tower of terror on ride photo directly onto your photopass card. __http://t.co/MKefOOd”
65zifp.jpg

Click here for larger image

John

sweetpee_1993

Oooooh...as a paid download....okay. I get it.

The pricing in the photo says 1 download $x then each additional download is a lower price. Is there a time limit for the downloads? Like if you purchase 1 at the start of a 12 day trip would each for the rest of the stay even on different days be the lower price? Just curious. Depending on how many times you ride it during the course of your trip it would give you options.

ArtieJim

I hope they do this with as many rides as possible (meaning all of them). Test Track always seems to have such a boring picture, in my view it has to do with the ride itself, to me it's pretty boring. Do it for all the mountains, RnR and the like.

RichKermitFan

Photopass has been or is being added to all attractions already with ride photo options. The photo costs 14.95 and each additional photo is 9.95. The additional photo must be purchased at the same time as the first. Basically each attraction photo will cost you 14.95. If u decide u want a print of the photo, u do receive a photopass copy as well.

Victor Kelly

Considering a photopass cd costs $150, I am apt to believe that all the photos should be included. I am not against photopass at all and my wife and I were all to happy to pay for it considering it was our honeymoon, AND you got shots that are impossible with only 2 people together. Both of us were able to be in the pics.

RichKermitFan

You're incorrect though bc attractions are not actually the same as photopass bc its really done by Kodak. It won't go on the cd but it doesn't really matter bc once you've paid the 14.95 for it u can download and duplicate the photo as much as you'd like.

Tom

Beta Return
That won't happen bc ride photos are such huge revenue. You cant really blame them on that one. Plus ride photos are more of an impulse buy.

Photopass CDs are an even greater revenue source. If they put ride photos on PhotoPass, people are more apt to spend $150 on a $0.87 CD. And, they might put their ToT pic on a Mousepad, or Mug, or buy a print from PhotoPass. Much more opportunities to make money if the photos are on PhotoPass.

If they did this with every on-ride photo attraction, they'd probably double PhotoPass sales.

Tom

Beta Return
I think you're 100% wrong there. At 20.00 a photo and with the tons they sell it won't happen.

If ride photos didn't generate more interest in PhotoPass, Disney wouldn't be adding it to more rides. They tried it out on Test Track, and it was successful. So, they added it to Space Mountain during its refurb, and it's obviously proven more profitable since they're adding it to Tower now.

Besides, the profit margin on a PhotoPass CD or other trinket is vastly greater than that of a one time ride photo print - even if you factor in the cost of running the PhotoPass system.

HeatherK

This is exactly how it happens;

You come up to the register with your photo number. If you want a digital copy, it is $14.95. When you order that, we give you a ride photopass, which is slightly different from the normal photopass. We scan your photo, & you go to the website with that code on the back. Once you put the code in you have 10 days to download your photo. You can download the photo 10 times & I believe from what I have been told it is a 4x6 size. If the shop can not edit your photo then you can not edit your photo on the website. You can just download it & do whatever you want with it.

If you buy any photo package, you get the digital download with the photo package. So you can buy the 8x10 & get 10 more downloads with that.

The difference between the ride photopass & a regular photopass is once you get a ride photopass, you can't add photos from around the park onto that, yet we can add your ride photo to your regular photopass. So if you have a regular photopass, & you go on the website to look at your photo, something should pop up & tell you that your ride photo is ready to download. I haven't seen it first hand yet but that is what I was trained.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom