Western Way Open To WDW?

autigger

Does anyone have any experience using the new "Western Way" toll road to drive to Walt Disney World?

Specifically, if driving South on I-75 from Georgia, is this a better alternative to going into Orlando and taking I-4 down to Disney?

I read that this route is now open, but I cannot seem to find it on any online maps.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

napnet

autigger said:
Does anyone have any experience using the new "Western Way" toll road to drive to Walt Disney World?

Specifically, if driving South on I-75 from Georgia, is this a better alternative to going into Orlando and taking I-4 down to Disney?

I read that this route is now open, but I cannot seem to find it on any online maps.

It is open and will save you a TON of time when avoiding I-4 and Orlando traffic.

Upvote 0

Gravydeen

How far does it take you?

So it's open all the way to 192? Is it faster than taking 27 from the turnpike to 192? I just looked at mapquest and it does not show it. They must not update very frequently.

Upvote 0

brertigger

Gravydeen said:
So it's open all the way to 192? Is it faster than taking 27 from the turnpike to 192? I just looked at mapquest and it does not show it. They must not update very frequently.

I have noticed it can take up to a few years for Mapquest to update.

Upvote 0

typhoonguy

Gravydeen said:

Depends where on 192 you need to go, but most likely it will save you time. Unless you're right on the corner of 192 and 27 in the area in the middle of davenport/clermont.

Upvote 0

mhead

autigger said:

Yes this is your best route if you are staying on property or are going straight in to a park. we used this route in June coming from Alabama and it saved us at least 45 minutes. We only saw one or two cars the whole way in once we got off the turnpike and entered the Disney gates! It ends up costing like 50 cents to a dollar more but WELL worth it.

Upvote 0

mhead

Ivan72 said:
So then is this the route?
- I-75 South to..
- Florida Turnpike South to..
- Western Way to...
- Route 192 to WDW

Not quite -

I-75 South to Turnpike South
Turnpike South to Toll Road 429 South
Toll Road 429 South to Wesrtern Way
Western Way straight into Walt Disney World

There are signs on 429 that say Western Way and Walt Disney World - Can't miss them

Upvote 0

ChuckElias

My dad lives on 192, and the new road is really great for getting to the MK. We don't use it for AK, but it's really nice, easy, and low-traffic to MK.

Upvote 0

Ivan72

mhead said:
Not quite -

I-75 South to Turnpike South
Turnpike South to Toll Road 429 South
Toll Road 429 South to Wesrtern Way
Western Way straight into Walt Disney World

There are signs on 429 that say Western Way and Walt Disney World - Can't miss them

Thank You. I have been hearing about this new route and wanted to try it.
Sounds great.

Upvote 0

PintoColvig

Western Way will be my route from now one when I drive down. It's pretty, there's very little traffic, and if you look carefully as you drive, you can see the castle, which you don't typically see when you drive the old way into the World.

Upvote 0

autigger

Original Poster
Thanks to mhead for the written directions and to CP17 for the link. This is exactly what I wanted to know!! Everyone's assistance is much appreciated!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Approximately, where within Walt Disney World does this Western Way put you? :confused: I believe that I read that t is somewhere near Coronado Springs. Is this accurate? I have not seen any Disney property map indicating what road you eventually intersect.
[/SIZE]

Upvote 0

napnet

autigger said:
Approximately, where within Walt Disney World does this Western Way put you? :confused: I believe that I read that t is somewhere near Coronado Springs. Is this accurate? I have not seen any Disney property map indicating what road you eventually intersect.

It ends between Coronado Springs and Blizzard Beach on Buena Vista Dr. Take a look at http://www.rcid.org/PDF/political jurisdiction map.base05_11.pdf. It has Western Way as Proposed Connecter Road

Upvote 0

mdevries

Grocery Store on Western Way

Is there any type of grocery store on the new road? I need to pick up basics like milk and bread and wondered if there's anything there.

Upvote 0

autigger

Original Poster
Napnet: Thanks for the link. So the Western Way ends up dead-ending at Buena Vista Drive. We are staying at All-Star Movies in September and it looks like I will just take a right on to Buena Vista Drive from the Western Way and I will be there in no time. Again, Thanks! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

napnet

mdevries said:
Is there any type of grocery store on the new road? I need to pick up basics like milk and bread and wondered if there's anything there.

No its pretty empty after you get off the Turnpike. I drove it at night once by my self goin about 90... i do love the 'FastPass' lanes for SunPass. Now only if the Turnpike had one

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom