Rumours Circulating Mine Train Coaster Could be Cancelled!!!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Rumours are going around that WDI are having trouble getting the ride system to work and its becoming increasingly likely the ride may be pulled!!!!

Anyone hear anything about the validity of these rumours???

Kamikaze

Rumours are going around that WDI are having trouble getting the ride system to work and its becoming increasingly likely the ride may be pulled!!!!

Anyone hear anything about the validity of these rumours???

That 'rumor' probably started in the other thread.

GrumpyFan

Even if this rumor is true, I would have a hard time believing they might cancel the project entirely. Its not unusual for projects like this to go thru lots of changes while still in development. If anything, this rumor may have some credence to it in that they might be having trouble getting the technology and ride elements all working as desired and planned in Blue Sky but I somehow doubt its being cancelled. Changed perhaps, but unlikely cancelled.

MerlinTheGoat

Those are nothing more than just a bunch of big fat lies.

Those rumors were already debunked by Lee and several others.

Hardly, the rumor has grown to where Lee isn't denying it. How big the problems are is another story.

It would be a shame if the entire ride were scrapped just due to the mine cars not tilting as they hoped. I'd much rather they just use a more traditional coaster design without the tilting than have it totally canned. That would be a darn shame if they went back to something like the previously planned meet and greet just because they can't fix the mine cars to work like they intended.

MotherOfBirds

They may very well just shelf it for a few years and landscape the area in the meantime if they are indeed thinking about not going through with it.

jed012788

The Internet is the worst thing ever to happen to the Disney fan community. Sure, it brought thousands of people together, but it also led to a ridiculously skewed perspective.

Twenty years ago, I guarantee the engineers and ride developers went through the same machinations regarding technology and practicality, making hundreds of changes -- most minor, some major -- to nearly ever proposed attraction. Except in those days, we weren't privy to every minute alteration and judged the attraction after completion.

There is no reason to believe that this ride will not be built as originally planned. Is it possible that Disney is having trouble with the swinging mine carts? Absolutely, I can buy that. But to take that nugget of information and conclude it will lead to the attraction's demise is nothing but ridiculous hyperbole. This is entire situation is nothing new, nothing strange, nothing unusual. It's just the typical bumps and setbacks in the production of a new Disney attraction.

jt04

Plans are still full steam ahead on the project. Confirmed it for myself this morning.

I sincerely hope they give the area more of the aesthetics of the original concept art which was so much more inspired. The original plan held up to its surroundings and was quite Disney-esque. I just worry the "mountain" will look 'heavy' and permanent and out of place against all the architecture that will surround it. If they can bring the magic of the original concept art back than I think they can call it a success.

boufa

I doubt ANYTHING has been built as originally envisioned. These things are fluid until the ribbon is cut, and even then we see changes and tweeks. Along those same lines I would not place much faith in concept art. They have 2 things that make then highly unreliable, 1 thee ate conceptual and 2 they are artistic. Neither of those factors lie in the world of reality. Don't confuse the concept art for fle with something like renderings. Renderings are more based on actual blue prints.

Lee

Adventurer
To clarify...
As I said in another thread, the ride is moving ahead as planned.

Yes, there were some engineering issues early on with the cars.
I asked someone who woiuld know, and was told that the issues were nothing more than headaches, and nothing that would prevent the ride from being built.

The layout has been changed a bit, but everything else is proceeding as planned.

As I said in the D23 thread, watch for much more info on this ride to be revealed. Likely that a model, more art, and possibly even a mock-up of one of the cars will be on display.

I also said that D23 would be telling, as far as the ride's future. If it were sort of glossed over, that would mean that the ride is still in a state of flux. If it gets the spotlight...all is good.

FYI...the issues that everyone keeps bringing up about the cars...that was months ago. It has been resolved. (And even if they couldn't get the swinging motion figured out, the ride could still be built using more traditional trains.)

That's huge! Did you find anything out about when they might break ground? I sure hope it's before the end of the year.
No. I wouldn't expect any real work on the ride to take place this year.

The Internet is the worst thing ever to happen to the Disney fan community. Sure, it brought thousands of people together, but it also led to a ridiculously skewed perspective.

Twenty years ago, I guarantee the engineers and ride developers went through the same machinations regarding technology and practicality, making hundreds of changes -- most minor, some major -- to nearly ever proposed attraction. Except in those days, we weren't privy to every minute alteration and judged the attraction after completion.

There is no reason to believe that this ride will not be built as originally planned. Is it possible that Disney is having trouble with the swinging mine carts? Absolutely, I can buy that. But to take that nugget of information and conclude it will lead to the attraction's demise is nothing but ridiculous hyperbole. This is entire situation is nothing new, nothing strange, nothing unusual. It's just the typical bumps and setbacks in the production of a new Disney attraction.

Boom!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom