2007 WDW Vacation Packages Coming Soon!

JPVonDrake

The 2007 Vacation Packages are currently expected to be available for sale about mid-late August by phone (1-407-W-DISNEY) or Internet ( www.disneyworld.com ). This delay is due in part to new system upgrades and enhancements at the Disney Reservation Center and on our main servers. No word as of yet if there will be any major or even minor changes to the packages themselves. I'll be happy to report on the 2007 Vacation Packages once they have been officially released.

As a result the 2007 Basic Package will be now available for booking by phone today, July 1, 2006. Booking the Basic Package enables you to hold rooms in a Walt Disney Travel Company package, and eliminates the need to use a room only booking, then needing to pay a new deposit once you convert to package and being refunded the room-only deposit. This makes the modification process much faster and easier for you once 2007 Vacation Packages are available for sale.

Stay tuned for more!

soin2disney

Another question...sorry...

Hi, it's me again with another question..... I booked my hotel only for April 2007 about a month ago. We are staying 5 nights at ASM and 5 nights at the Polynesian. When I called to ask if tickets were available, the rep. said that the tickets were not available, but she could book a package. That REALLY confused me because I thought the package was the tickets. I have already put a one night deposit ($143.03 on ASM and $492.27 on Poly.) She wanted to refund that $$$$ and then charge me $200.00 for the package reservation. I couldn't understand why, and you always are so informative I figured I'd ask you what you think I should do....Sorry if I'm such a pain.... Thanks in advance....:brick:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Original Poster
soin2disney said:
Hi, it's me again with another question..... I booked my hotel only for April 2007 about a month ago. We are staying 5 nights at ASM and 5 nights at the Polynesian. When I called to ask if tickets were available, the rep. said that the tickets were not available, but she could book a package. That REALLY confused me because I thought the package was the tickets. I have already put a one night deposit ($143.03 on ASM and $492.27 on Poly.) She wanted to refund that $$$$ and then charge me $200.00 for the package reservation. I couldn't understand why, and you always are so informative I figured I'd ask you what you think I should do....Sorry if I'm such a pain.... Thanks in advance....:brick:

The reservation agent must have thought you wanted to book a Magic Your Way Package which includes 1 resort stay, and Magic Your Way Theme Park tickets for everyone in the room. What she was offering to do is convert you to a Basic Package now (as decribed above) so when the Magic Your Way Packages are released modifying to Magic Your Way will be faster and easier for you. Since you wish to stay at two different resorts you may wish to make a choice now as to if you want a complete vacation package or just rooms and tickets.

If you already have your two reservations booked and just want theme park tickets only, you can simply purchase your tickets now, separate from your room-only reservations, and have them mailed to you. You will be able to take advantage of current 2006 ticket pricing, as the tickets do not expire until 14 days after "first use" regardless of when they were purchased.

If you wish to be on a vacation package that also includes dining or other package features, then you would want to convert your two room-only reservations to two basic packages now, then upgrade each of them to the Magic Your Way Packages once released. Remember, you cannot book two different resorts on the same package, so if you choose to be on a package you would need to book each stay separately, and add MYW tickets to each.

Upvote 0

swimmom

So, if I have a room only reservation, I should change it to a basic package now and then change it again when the MYW packages become available later?

Upvote 0

soin2disney

special features?????

Hi again.... What are the special features on the packages besides dining???We don't usually get the dining, would it be better, in your opinion, to get the package and the features, or just the tickets? If we bought the tickets now, would they still honor them in 2007? The only thing we might need to add on would be our rental car, because we already have our airline tickets from airfare.com....Confusing huh??? Thanks again for all you info...... I might need to take you with me in April ha ha...:lol:

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

Original Poster
soin2disney said:
Hi again.... What are the special features on the packages besides dining???We don't usually get the dining, would it be better, in your opinion, to get the package and the features, or just the tickets? If we bought the tickets now, would they still honor them in 2007? The only thing we might need to add on would be our rental car, because we already have our airline tickets from airfare.com....Confusing huh??? Thanks again for all you info...... I might need to take you with me in April ha ha...:lol:

By "other package features" I was referring to our Magic Your Way Premium Package, or Magic Your Way Platinum Package. These packages also include features such as 3 full meals per day (all table service or counter service), unlimited select recreation, unlimited select tours, Cirque du Soleil tickets, etc.

To answer you question as to if they would honor your never used 2006 tickets, yes we will. Magic Your Way Tickets expire 14 days from "First Use." The expiration clock does not start ticking until you use the first day or option on the ticket, you then have the remainder of 2 weeks to use everything else on the ticket. In theory, you could buy MYW tickets now and use them for the first time in 20 years from now if you so choose.

DisneyMissy said:
Is the basic package just the room and tickets? I just need the room park hopper tickets and airfare.

To better answer this question and the OP's question as to if it would be better to book as a package or purchase room and tickets separately please see my post (post 4) on the tread titled

"basic package" versus Room only reservation!

as this explains the different features and benefits of both Room-Only Reservations and Basic Package Reservations.

Upvote 0
JP,

Sorry if this is obvious, but does this mean packages for all of 2007 will be available? I'm waiting to book a September trip, and want to get a package with dining included. Will this be available, or is the free dining something that *may* be added later, like it seemed to be this year?

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Thanks for the heads up Von Drake!

PhiPackAttacka said:
JP,

Sorry if this is obvious, but does this mean packages for all of 2007 will be available? I'm waiting to book a September trip, and want to get a package with dining included. Will this be available, or is the free dining something that *may* be added later, like it seemed to be this year?
Usually packages are for the year and special deals like the free dining come out throughout the year and you have to call back to get that added to your package or just replace the package.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom