New Pirates Updates ~ June 29, 2006

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Some more updates from Pirates. Getting me even more excited...

walls are down, and the entire new sign is visible:
piratesign.jpg

Anybody see the new addition?
piratesign2.jpg

New automatic wait time sign:
pirates3.jpg

A newly added plaque to the fort:
pirates4.jpg

The pirates shop has also been updated. Registers have been moved to make 2 seperate sections with a couple registers in each one, to improve guest flow.

dxwwf3

Very, very nice. Disney gets an A for the work done on the outside of PotC for sure. I just hope things were done this well on the inside. Thanks ISTCrew

T-1MILLION

Wow mixed feelings. But that new entrance really adds an adventurous feel and that is AWESOME. Thanks for the pics and update!

Now if only I could have the bird back out front. I would be the happiest man alive!:lol: :wave:

Captain Hank

I just got back from the Magic Kingdom, myself. I was chatting with the cast member out front, and apparently even they haven't been able to ride the attraction yet. They've been able to walk the track, and said that the additions were very impressive. Apparently, a few last parts are still trickling in to be placed in the attraction, and it is on schedule for a July 7 full open, though they're doing their best to get it open earlier.

Also of note, apparently the cast members are now being instructed to call Pirates a "scary" attraction. Interesting.

Craig & Lisa

Can't wait to see it in August, it will also be the last time we see the HCE, then the year of a million dreams begins. We see that in Nov. Third trip for the year. :D :sohappy: :D :sohappy:

Chape19714

Thanks for the Update! I'll be there the 8th, and post an update, assuming that Someone doesn't beat me to it, which I'm sure they will!

I CAN"T WAIT! I wonder if it now will feature a yellow "!" on the maps?

autumndawn1006

Captain Hank said:
Also of note, apparently the cast members are now being instructed to call Pirates a "scary" attraction. Interesting.

Just curious because I haven't read up that extensively on the rehab. It is just the AA's and effects being changed, right? Not the actual ride engineering? Maybe the sound is better and stuff like the cannons are changing it to a "scary" ride.

dxwwf3

Captain Hank said:

I guarantee if this were in any other park, they wouldn't be saying that.

The mentality of the average guest at the MK needs to change, IMO. Just my opinion though.

LostNametag

The "scary" part is because of the AA affects. Best friend is a pirate and she said that they are all so lifelike that on top of all of the newly added special affects, the ride isnt what it used to be! That's awesome for people like us, but for the little ones... well, it might be another ride parents drag their screaming children on and off of. Cant wait til it opens, but can we say c-r-a-z-y!?

Rockin Roller

When I watched the disneyland version of pirates I thought that where davy Jones's face appears in the waterfall would be pretty scary for younger kids.

THECARISMINE

Great pics can't wait till I get down to see it in person but I got a Q
did They replace the Parrot or is he lost to davy jones' locker:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom