CoP heading out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich1

Original Poster
Have been informed recently that Carousel of Progress is going to be leaving fairly soon. It will be making the trip to the Smithsonian. There will be a replacement I just haven't heard any rumors as of what that may be yet.

powlessfamily4

Have been informed recently that Carousel of Progress is going to be leaving fairly soon. It will be making the trip to the Smithsonian. There will be a replacement I just haven't heard any rumors as of what that may be yet.

I really really hope this is not true and if it is I may have to launch a serious campaign to keep it on Disney property. Stitch stays and COP goes??? :hammer: I don't think so! :cry:

Some things are more important than popularity. I personally think it would be awesome to have this attraction next to One Man's Dream. That could mean moving either one of them. But it has to stay on Disney property.

cowanfamily

This? That has got to be the most outrageous thing I've read since Jimmy Thicke elbowed a guy at Epcot! (allegedly):brick::ROFLOL::brick:

sublimesting

Pictures or it didn't happen.

menamechris

Yeah, right. I am always surprised when this rumor starts going around. I think WDW is very happy to have it as a placeholder there. They never expected it to be a big draw of people - I don't think it even required a ride ticket when the park opened, did it?

Rich1

Original Poster
I'm just telling you its happening. I have no exact timeline but it is happening within the year. Personally, I'm glad to see it go. It's a classic but WDW isn't a museum and keeping this around defeats the entire purpose of progress to begin with. I am not revealing my source and Raven..ask around. Signed, sealed, delivered.:zipit:

WDWmazprty

I'm just telling you its happening. I have no timeline but it is happening within the year. Personally, I'm glad to see it go. It's a classic but WDW isn't a museum and keeping this around defeats the entire purpose of progress to begin with. I am not revealing my source and Raven..ask around. Signed, sealed, delivered.:zipit:

:lookaroun:lol::lookaroun:lol::lol::lookaroun

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm just telling you its happening. I have no timeline but it is happening within the year. Personally, I'm glad to see it go. It's a classic but WDW isn't a museum and keeping this around defeats the entire purpose of progress to begin with. I am not revealing my source and Raven..ask around. Signed, sealed, delivered.:zipit:

And how do your sources overcome the mild detail that there's no room at any of the Smithsonian museums for CoP?

Rich1

Original Poster
I don't.pretend to know the details of Smithsonian but I would assume that its run by intelligent people who are capable of figuring out how to make space for CoP.

plaz10

I do not believe this at all. It's a classic attraction. Could it be upgraded? Yes. But moved - absolutely not. It's one of Walt's babies.

Mr_Incredible

I'm just telling you its happening. I have no exact timeline but it is happening within the year. Personally, I'm glad to see it go. It's a classic but WDW isn't a museum and keeping this around defeats the entire purpose of progress to begin with. I am not revealing my source and Raven..ask around. Signed, sealed, delivered.:zipit:

"Happening within the year" sounds like a timeline to me..... :shrug:

rsoxguy

And how do your sources overcome the mild detail that there's no room at any of the Smithsonian museums for CoP?

Man, haven't you learned anything from going to Disney World?

Honey-I-Shrunk-the-Kids.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom