Pirates updates!

disneydata

Original Poster
Pirates updates! *UPDATE* with pics!

So I figured I'd update those of you who are just waiting for some juicy stuff about Pirates ...

There are new signs up outside on the wall. There are 2 movie posters and a brand new treasure map that resembles the ride printed on real canvas! It look real awesome, but unfortunately I could not get pics. I'm heading over tomorrow and will try to get some.

Also, very early (before the park opened), there were Imagineers and Pirates project team members out in front of the attraction with a brand spankin new wait time sign ... that was made of cardboard. It was full size mock-up and it looked amazing. It was a decorated pillar with a sword holding up the wait time indicator which resembled a scroll. Very neat, but no pics for obvious reasons.

New walls - there are now walls in front of the main doors. The doors are gone and the turnstyles have been taken out (finally!). There is also a wall in front of the small courtyard to the right, but there's not much going on in there. The wall to the left of the entrance has moved slightly in a smaller area for more prep work on the ship.

The boats at STOLPort are the old boats and they are being worked on almost every day. Just looks like patching up, new coatings, and bumper replacement.

And of course, the one thing you have been waiting for ...

... test and adjust will be starting next week. :drevil:

*UPDATE* Pics are now posted on page 5, post 73! Click here!

KrazyKemp

Thank God!!

It seems like they've been working on it forever...

And then you realize that it's only been about a month or so...:brick:

Can't wait to see some pictures!!!

tirian

I'll answer the question before it's asked:

No. There will not be any soft previews for the public before the second film is released.

:)

As a matter of fact, they haven't even announced CM soft previews yet.

mickey04

tirian said:
I'll answer the question before it's asked:

No. There will not be any soft previews for the public before the second film is released.

:)

As a matter of fact, they haven't even announced CM soft previews yet.

From what I understand there won't be any either unfortunately. WDI is not giving a lot of turn around time before it's handed back over to Operations, so the focus will be on getting the attraction getting ready for guests ASAP and before the busy July 4th weekend.

No CM previews, no soft opening, just a simple re-opening.

celestia

*sigh* I can't wait to get back to my pirates!
:sohappy:

Thank you for the update, I'm stuck at home so I can't see it for myself!

Burgstressera

Once it opens back up, is it open for good?

I'm going in October and I'd be really really upset if I didn't get to ride it...

I could swear I heard some where before that they were opening it and then shutting it back down for more work later on...was this Pirates or something else. Or am I just all together loosing it.:hammer:

Please put my mind at ease on this one.

Thanks,
Amanda

MissM

Burgstressera said:

I'm going in October and I'd be really really upset if I didn't get to ride it...

I could swear I heard some where before that they were opening it and then shutting it back down for more work later on...was this Pirates or something else. Or am I just all together loosing it.:hammer:

Thanks,
Amanda
It was open briefly during Spring Break though no real changes had yet been done. It was closed, opened for two weeks and will open back up completed and permantely July 7th with the movie open.

You might still be losing it, but it did close, open and close again in this case. :D
-m

bassman

Burgstressera said:

Thanks,
Amanda

:lol:.i think i remember seeing somewhere that the revamped pirates would open properly some time in july or something.
with regards to the 2 stage renovation,the second stage is underway now i think.
does anyone have the correct info on this,i too would like to know what the dates are.i am going in september and i hope to ride pirates.

imagineer boy

Has anyone read Al Lutz's recent report on how the rehab will turn out? I'm likeing how its looking. They're managing to keep the ride the same, while throwing in a few things based off of the movie. So, its not like they're basing the WHOLE ride off of the movie.

Not to mention that they're keeping the wicked wench! :sohappy:

bassman

MissM said:
It was open briefly during Spring Break though no real changes had yet been done. It was closed, opened for two weeks and will open back up completed and permantely July 7th with the movie open.

You might still be losing it, but it did close, open and close again in this case. :D
-m

ahh thanks, i was posting whilst you posted this.:lol:
that is the news i wanted to hear.thanks

Burgstressera

MissM said:

-m

Thank you!

You are right - I may still be loosing it, but at least I didn't dream that Pirates was to close, open and close again...it's just that it already happened for the most part.
The good news is that it should be open in October when I'm there!!!:sohappy:

TP2000

imagineer boy said:
Has anyone read Al Lutz's recent report on how the rehab will turn out? I'm likeing how its looking. :

I read the Al Lutz miceage.com rundown on how the rehab is progressing, plus the new surprises they've added. It's a walk-through of the Disneyland version, but I'm sure the WDW will be similar.

Lutz wasn't too complimentary of WDW's other pirate plans though, compared to Disneyland's plans! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom