Disneygal1's Graduation Celebration Trip Report (Pre and Post)

Yes, my graduation celebration is only 13 day away!:sohappy: I cannot wait! So here is some background on the trip....

It all started when I went on a father-daughter WDW trip with my dad in January. One day, I got an idea of how cool it would be for me to celebrate my high school graduation at the happiest place on earth. I brought it up to my parents, and they were for it. I will be going with my sister, friend, and my mom. My dad is unable to go because of work.

The Cast

In the photo: My sister (Jodi 16), our friend (Katie 16), and me (Jess 18).

In the photo: My mom and dad at the Osborne Spectacle of Lights

Info
Our length of stay is 10 nights (June 12th-22nd). We have 7day+water park tickets. We are going to stay at Pop Century. I have never stayed there before, but it seems pretty decent. We also were lucky enough to receive the free dining plan, which was at first quick service, but we upgraded and payed the difference. So I started making dining reservation last weekend, which was a really dumb idea because I waited too long. I'm not use to planning everything, I usually just wing it, but I'm hoping everything works out.

Itinerary:

June 12th:

Arrive at WDW
We won't be going to any park this day so we will most likely just visit the resorts.
Dinner: I would really love to have Chef Mickey's for dinner, but it is booked solid. So we still don't know where we are having dinner.

June 13:

Typhoon Lagoon (all day)
Dinner: Captains Grille at the Yacht and Beach Club (I have never eaten here before, but I heard it's good)

June 14th:

Magic Kingdom
Dinner: Tony's Town Square Restaurant (Has anyone ever been there before? It looks good...)

June 15th:

Epcot
Teppan Edo

June 16th:

Disney's Hollywood Studios (I still call it MGM)
Dinner: No reservations (I've been trying to get reservations for the Sci-Fi Dine Inn)

June 17th:

Magic Kingdom at night (it will be open from 9 to 3 am)
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
Dinner: California Grill during the wishes fireworks (I can't wait!)

June 18th:

Blizzard Beach and Epcot
Breakfast: Ohana's (I have never had breakfast here)
Dinner: Coral Reef

June 19th:

Downtown Disney
Disney Quest: I have never been here so were going to try it out.
Dinner: Planet Hollywood

June 20th:

Animal Kingdom
Dinner: No reservations yet. Suggestions?

June 21st:

Last Day:cry:
Magic Kingdom
Dinner: No reservations, suggestions?

June 22nd:
We leave:cry:

I have been going to Disney ever since I was three, and I still love it. I can't wait to go back! I will be sure to post the rest of the stuff very soon!

My previous trip report
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=684139

becanya

Tony's is an awesome restaurant...although a lot of people on here don't like it. You HAVE to order the zucchini fries! They are amazing. I seriously dream about them. :ROFLOL: Can't wait to get them again in Nov!

Other suggestions for dinner...the day you are at AK, what about Yak and Yeti or Boma, over at AKL? We are trying Boma this year, and most people on here LOVE it. The night you are at MK, I would do Crystal Palace. IMHO, their dinner is way better than lunch. Their dinner desserts are super good. Sounds like a great celebration for a great achievement! :sohappy:

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Tony's is an awesome restaurant...although a lot of people on here don't like it. You HAVE to order the zucchini fries! They are amazing. I seriously dream about them. :ROFLOL: Can't wait to get them again in Nov!

Other suggestions for dinner...the day you are at AK, what about Yak and Yeti or Boma, over at AKL? We are trying Boma this year, and most people on here LOVE it. The night you are at MK, I would do Crystal Palace. IMHO, their dinner is way better than lunch. Their dinner desserts are super good. Sounds like a great celebration for a great achievement! :sohappy:

I will be sure to try the zucchini fries! I heard that Boma is supposed to be really good. So we most likely will try it out. Thanks for the suggestions!

Hey! We'll be there at the same time! I'll look for you. :lol:

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to book ADRs earlier but I'm sure you'll still have a great trip. Can it ever be bad at WDW? :)

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Is Kanye your schools first name?

Haha I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but no my school's first name is not Kayne.

Hey! We'll be there at the same time! I'll look for you. :lol:

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to book ADRs earlier but I'm sure you'll still have a great trip. Can it ever be bad at WDW? :)

Awesome! Maybe we will run into each other at the parks. I here that a lot of people on here run into each other. I'm kind of disappointed about the whole ADR situation, but this is just an outcome of my laziness/procrastination. I'm really crossing my fingers that someone will cancel a Chef Mickey's ADR for the 12th so I can get in, but you're right at least we are in WDW!:)

LeafsFanNL

Yes, my graduation celebration is only 13 day away!:sohappy: I cannot wait! So here is some background on the trip....

Congrats on the graduation

June 13:

Typhoon Lagoon (all day)
Dinner: Captains Grille at the Yacht and Beach Club (I have never eaten here before, but I heard it's good)

Captains Grille is my hidden dining gem, it hardly gets mentioned at all in the online community,but the food is good, is priced pretty cheaply for Disney, and it is easy to get ADR's for. You should like it.

Disneygal1

Original Poster
Congrats on the graduation

Captains Grille is my hidden dining gem, it hardly gets mentioned at all in the online community,but the food is good, is priced pretty cheaply for Disney, and it is easy to get ADR's for. You should like it.

Thank you! Yeah at first I was a little skeptical of trying it because no one ever speaks of it, but now I'm excited to see how good it is.

Yeah it's a joke dude!!! Come on...it says "West" on your uniforms!!! KANYE West! Haha

Ha! Oh geez this is what I get for reading the boards at 3 am. I thought you spelt Kayne like Kane. Yeah he is our mascot. We cheer in raps.

Awesome! Maybe we will run into each other at the parks. I here that a lot of people on here run into each other. I'm kind of disappointed about the whole ADR situation, but this is just an outcome of my laziness/procrastination. I'm really crossing my fingers that someone will cancel a Chef Mickey's ADR for the 12th so I can get in, but you're right at least we are in WDW!:)

That would be cool to see each other in the parks!

I wonder if anyone has ever just dropped in to Chef Mickeys and successfully gotten a table without having to wait 2 hours? :shrug:

Mickey&Minnie

IMO Boma is not that great, but then again my husband and I are not big buffet eaters. That being said Sanaa over at the AKLV is fabulous and it usually isnt hard to get reservations. The restaurant is located overlooking the savannah.
I hope that you are able to get more reservations that you want. I know that it can be frustrating.
Oh yeah and congratulations on your graduation!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
That would be cool to see each other in the parks!

I wonder if anyone has ever just dropped in to Chef Mickeys and successfully gotten a table without having to wait 2 hours? :shrug:

A Disney represenitive told me that it would be possible to drop in. I just hope the wait isn't that long.

IMO Boma is not that great, but then again my husband and I are not big buffet eaters. That being said Sanaa over at the AKLV is fabulous and it usually isnt hard to get reservations. The restaurant is located overlooking the savannah.
I hope that you are able to get more reservations that you want. I know that it can be frustrating.
Oh yeah and congratulations on your graduation!

Thank you! Yeah I hope that we will like Boma. We also don't mind doing buffets so maybe we will like it... But I have never heard of Sanaa it sounds nice. I'm difinetly going to check into, and maybe do Sanaa instead of Boma. About the reservation part, yeah I'm really hoping that I can get more. All of the popular restaurants are booked solid.

jhoff3405

What a great trip you have planned! I have showed my son your pic and he does recognize you, though he is not at all jealous of your Disney trip! (In case you don't remember, you go to school with my son and he is "over" Disney.)

Congrats and we will see you at graduation on Thursday night!

C.FERNIE

What a great trip you have planned! I have showed my son your pic and he does recognize you, though he is not at all jealous of your Disney trip! (In case you don't remember, you go to school with my son and he is "over" Disney.)

Think its awesome you knoe each other always nice to meet up with folk from here in the parks :wave:

Disneygal1

Original Poster

Yeah I am so excited! Your son was telling my friend how he didn't like Disney anymore haha. Thank you and see you Thursday!

Think its awesome you knoe each other always nice to meet up with folk from here in the parks :wave:

It truly is a small world!

Disneygal1

Original Poster
I am leaving VERY early in the morning tomorrow. :sohappy: I am so looking forward for this long drive (not really), but it is well worth it! I am so excited! I will post everything as soon as I get back. Se you real soon!

foreverbelle

Wahooo, what a fun trip. I think as a high school (back in the day) I would have loved to have celebrated my graduation down at the happiest place in the world!

Congrats on the achievement have a blast and enjoy the vacation!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom