"East" Service area - what is there?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
A lot of posts have been made regarding the North Service Area above the MK, but what about the one north east of Port Orleans in LBV? If I recall food and textiles are based here, but what about the rest? I`ve split what appear to be the main buildings into area in the photo below; can anyone put a name to the letters?

Attachments

• East service area WITH KEY.jpg
    East service area WITH KEY.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 166

tirian

That includes the Arribas Brothers, Disney florists, Entertainment, Telecommunications, and more. Last winter, I spent many nights back there during rehearsals for the Candlelight Processional.

disneydata

That's listed as an Administration area. There's aren't listings for every building there (like the ones on the left, no idea), but I do have a few:

L = Telecommunication Svcs
D = Textile Svcs (you can see the softball field to the right)
G = DC-6 (General Supplies)
K = Arribas Bros. Warehouse
M = Resort Entertainment, Florist
E = Entertainment Storage and Costume Storage
(also Facility Asset Mgmt, Survey Dept, and Construction Svcs in save block area)
H = DC-2 Merchandise/Purchasing/COntract Svcs
N = KinderCare
I = Corporate Tooling Warehouse/DC-3 Foods/Distrobution

uglybug2005

Kindercare no longer exists on property. N is now the third party corporate alliance offices.
The Central Florida YMCA operates two backstage childcare facilities, one near DAK and one near Telecom.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Big grins as Martin ammends his map... now where did I put that Project Florida font....

Thank you again.

disneydata

uglybug2005 said:
Kindercare no longer exists on property. N is now the third party corporate alliance offices.
The Central Florida YMCA operates two backstage childcare facilities, one near DAK and one near Telecom.
Yeah, the map I have is outdated, I think it's the 2001 version or something like that (Pop Century is still listed as "opening later")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom