Cinderella's carousel horse gone?

Neverland

Original Poster
A fellow Disneygirl friend of mine is at the World right now and told me that Cinderella's horse was not on the carousel. She visits WDW more than I do, and she knows that horse very well. She asked a CM, and they said the change was permanent, but here's hoping it's not. She didn't say if it was replaced by another horse, or just an empty spot.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? I know that it's Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, but I think it's appropriate theming for Cindy to have a horse on her own husband's carousel.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
A fellow Disneygirl friend of mine is at the World right now and told me that Cinderella's horse was not on the carousel. She visits WDW more than I do, and she knows that horse very well. She asked a CM, and they said the change was permanent, but here's hoping it's not. She didn't say if it was replaced by another horse, or just an empty spot.

Has anyone else heard anything about this? I know that it's Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, but I think it's appropriate theming for Cindy to have a horse on her own husband's carousel.

Perhaps the back story suggests that the prince built the carousel before he met Cindy. :shrug:

Tom

Beta Return

All of the horses are on a routine re-paint schedule. There are always a handful of horses in the paint shop being restored. At night, they bring them out and swap them for the next group of horses to be painted.

It's likely that Cindy's horse (the one with gold on it) is just out for it's refurb, and they just don't have a back-up horse for that location.

Since so few people actually know it's "her" horse, it wouldn't make sense for them to intentionally remove it simply because of the re-naming of the ride.

I'm going to go with the "out for refurb" theory on this, partly because I am very glass half full today, and partly because I would be so sad if it were really gone! We are some of those crazies that make the mad dash for Cindy's horse :p

Neverland

Original Poster
Which one is her's again? I can never remember...

This one, the one with a gold ribbon on the tail:

c%20horse.jpg

TheBeatles

there is some debate on this one...

i've been told it's gone for good and i've also been told the tail came off.

btw, that is not cinderella's horse. it's just a made up anecdote.

aka_emilicious

When I was trained as a dream maker (during year of a million dreams) in fantasyland we were told it was Cinderellas horse and had a whole ceremony to boot. We would choose one lucky girl to ride Cinderellas horse with a certificate and everything. I would hate to see it go...

phatcatrun

When I was trained as a dream maker (during year of a million dreams) in fantasyland we were told it was Cinderellas horse and had a whole ceremony to boot. We would choose one lucky girl to ride Cinderellas horse with a certificate and everything. I would hate to see it go...

The original back story did not have Cinderella's horse on the ride. It was something that was made up more recently and, apparently, has been added as part of the back story.

Samoht

The original back story did not have Cinderella's horse on the ride. It was something that was made up more recently and, apparently, has been added as part of the back story.

The carousel has a back story??? I think the WHOLE back story is that its Cinderella's horse.:lol:

Tom

Beta Return
The carousel has a back story??? I think the WHOLE back story is that its Cinderella's horse.:lol:

I'm with ya. It's a friggin carousel - who needs a story? And until recently, it was called Cinderella's Golden Carousel - making it self-explanatory.

I know Disney's big into stories, but even that philosophy is "new" to Disney, relatively speaking. They've gone back and added stories to classic rides that never meant to have anything other than "the story you see in the ride".

Skipper Dan

Well, I was going to ask how y'all knew it was Cindy's horse, but I guess it's just a 'Master Gracey is the owner of the HM' thing.

TheBeatles

if you read jim korkis' new book, he speaks to the woman who cared for the carrousel for many years and she denies the horse belonging to cinderella.

the carrousel has a great--and real-- back story. again, it's all in jim's book.

JimJam

I Never Really Ride The Carousel Anyway, But I've Always Been Told By The Cast Member That Its Cindy's Horse...

Neverland

Original Poster
if you read jim korkis' new book, he speaks to the woman who cared for the carrousel for many years and she denies the horse belonging to cinderella.

the carrousel has a great--and real-- back story. again, it's all in jim's book.

It's true that Disney didn't come up with it, but it's worked its way into Disney culture. Remember how the myth spread that this thing, whatever it was, was the bride's ring outside of HM?

18484d1168780866-haunted-mansion-brides-ring-hauntedmansionringwdw.jpg

It was unintentional and not canon, and was eventually removed, but look what popped up in the new queue:

HHG-15.jpg

Just because Disney didn't come up with something doesn't mean they can't adopt it. To use another Mansion example, cast members were the ones who named the hitchhiking ghosts Phineas, Ezra, and Gus. Now Disney uses those names on merchandise and elsewhere, even though the ride operators came up with them. Cast members in Fantasyland are taught that the gold-ribbon-tailed horse is Cinderella's, whether WDI intends it to be or not.

Merman

Yea my friend Matt who opperates Prince Charmings said that one day they just came and replaced it, they dont know why and he says he dosnt think it comming back :(

RSoxNo1

Wasn't there a post on the disney parks blog about the new backstory after the name change? Something about how Prince Charming used to practice jousting on the caroussel?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom