Not good but saw it coming

imagineer boy

Oh gosh. Not another one! I am very saddened to here this. :(

On a side note, guys, please don't let this thread become as hectic as the last M:S ride death thread.

justducky78

I was initially so excited to try MS but after these stories and the onset of my OWN health problems -- I have to pass.

How horrible for the family. :( I wonder what this autopsy will reveal?

People REALLY need to read the warnings and follow the advice NOT to ride. If you have health issues, it is NOT worth risking your life to ride.

In the case of the young boy, did the family know he had an enlarged heart or did they only find out after the fact? Just wondering..

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I just don't see how they're going to justify the ride staying open... The general public will not accept any excuse, they barely accepted the first time.

Connor002

mousermerf said:
I just don't see how they're going to justify the ride staying open... The general public will not accept any excuse, they barely accepted the first time.

I know... this is not good news at all.
I have a bad feeling M:S will be very different before I return to Disney...

dxwwf3

What a shame. First and foremost, I hate it for the family and everyone involved, so let me say that first.

But it's also not fair to blame the attraction, that I think is not nearly as intense as the warnings would have us believe.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
After how many people die from that ride will they get rid of it? This is the second one now. Who knows how many people get seriously ill because of it...I for one, was very ill afterwards. I now refuse to get on that ride ever again.

I understand that some of the responsibility lies with the guests because they dont heed the warnings. However, there has to be a limit on just how many people are going to succumb to this ride.

peter11435

tiggerific418 said:
After how many people die from that ride will they get rid of it? This is the second one now. Who knows how many people get seriously ill because of it...I for one, was very ill afterwards. I now refuse to get on that ride ever again.

I understand that some of the responsibility lies with the guests because they dont heed the warnings. However, there has to be a limit on just how many people are going to succumb to this ride.
There is no proof that anyone has ever died from Mission: Space. The 4-year old boy had a pre-existing condition. His pre-existing condition was to blame for his death, not the ride. As for this incident it is still way to early to say what if anything the ride had to do with it.

imagineer boy

1stStarIC2nite said:
This is terrible... my thoughts with the family...

I honestly think we can say goodbye to the current Mission:Space...

Well, lets just hope that the changes are simply more warnings rather than actual changes to the rides' intensity. I'd perfer that any day. Well, lets look on the bright side, atleast its only a 2 deaths over two years. If it were two deaths over two months, THEN serious changes would happen to the ride.

dxwwf3

peter11435 said:
There is no proof that anyone has ever died from Mission: Space. The 4-year old boy had a pre-existing condition. His pre-existing condition was to blame for his death, not the ride. As for this incident it is still way to early to say what if anything the ride had to do with it.

I don't want to sound insensitive, but if 2 people get killed while riding It's A Small World, should it be shut down? How about if they die walking in the park?

Peter is right that we have to see if this is the FIRST death that the attraction had something to do with.

TheDisneyGirl02

I do feel sorry for the family. However, with that being said, last summer when I went on M:S, I counted the number of warning signs before getting on the ride. Not counting the oral warnings, there were at least 10 signs. I wish that people would read and listen to the warnings. I don't know if the woman had any underlying conditions...maybe it will be released at a later time. It's always ashame when someone loses their life on a ride, but I personally don't think it's Disney's fault. If it would have been a ride malfunction, more people would have ben hurt of killed.

TheDisneyGirl02

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think they're screwed in the general public's mind now though.. as a person said on another site:

"1 dead guest per year? I don't want to win that lottery."

dxwwf3

I think the problem might actually be that there are so many warnings and some people get so nervous that it has a negative effect on them. I was disapointed in the attraction because I felt it was too tame, so I would hate to see it get toned down.

1stStarIC2nite

imagineer boy said:
Well, lets just hope that the changes are simply more warnings rather than actual changes to the rides' intensity. I'd perfer that any day. Well, lets look on the bright side, atleast its only a 2 deaths over two years. If it were two deaths over two months, THEN serious changes would happen to the ride.

The boy only died last June...

I for one, don't really care what they do with the ride. It's fun the first time, but afterwards it's rather boring. Expedition Everest and Soarin' blow this baby out of the Seven Seas Lagoon... to say the least

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom