Little Einsteins being phased out

drew81

Original Poster
There are rumors the Little Einsteins are on their way out from meet n greets and will be eventually replaced with Jake.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There are rumors the Little Einsteins are on their way out from meet n greets and will be eventually replaced with Jake.

Not much of a surprise there. Seems to be a fairly constant rotation of the Playhouse Disney characters in and out of the M&Gs and the stage show.....

Azerin

We had heard this rumor as well but weren't positive of the reliability although it does make sense... the other part of the rumor was that Izzy (Jake's girl pirate friend) would likely be joining him.

To be expected since the have Little Einsteins on at some un-Godly hour of the morning. However, I will always have a special fondness of June. The very first time we went to WDW w/ our kids my daughter was not quite 2 yet and was petrified of all of the characters. We went to the Hollywood & Vine lunch and she saw June. June was so gentle and patient with her and she loved her and after that was not afriad of the characters anymore. My daughter is 5 now, says she doesn't remember anything from the first trip but she still wants to do the H&V lunch because of fondness of June.

danstadnik

To be expected since the have Little Einsteins on at some un-Godly hour of the morning. However, I will always have a special fondness of June. The very first time we went to WDW w/ our kids my daughter was not quite 2 yet and was petrified of all of the characters. We went to the Hollywood & Vine lunch and she saw June. June was so gentle and patient with her and she loved her and after that was not afriad of the characters anymore. My daughter is 5 now, says she doesn't remember anything from the first trip but she still wants to do the H&V lunch because of fondness of June.

I had the EXACT same experience about a year and a half ago with my then 3-yr old daughter! I wonder if it was the same CM? June literally sat with her arm around my daughter for like 10 minutes while she ate her pancakes. Definitely one of those "Disney Difference" moments for me.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes

Very sad to hear the Little Einsteins are on the way out. I also have a special fondness of June, but not having anything to do with the character. One of my good friends who I have done theatre with performed as the speaking voice of June for the show throughout its run and also for the Playhouse/Disney Junior show. She would be upset to see her character disappear from the park, as would I.

lebeau

We had our Little Einsteins experience back when our oldest daughter was into them. But nowadays, I don't think there's much of a demand. We don't watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates, but I've heard good things. I'll assume the demand for Jake is higher than for the Einsteins.

britdaw

Not much of a surprise there. Seems to be a fairly constant rotation of the Playhouse Disney characters in and out of the M&Gs and the stage show.....

Agreed. With the way Disney cycles through shows and characters, I am actually surprised the Little Einsteins weren't gone already.

bmarkelon

Agreed. With the way Disney cycles through shows and characters, I am actually surprised the Little Einsteins weren't gone already.

I hear ya! But I also could not believe how long Jo-Jo and Goliath hung on at Play and Dine. I say out with the old and in with the new as far as Disney Junior goes!!

minniemickeyfan

To bad they couldn't phase in the muppets.

If all goes with The Muppets movie, we will be seeing a lot more of the muppets in the future!

We saw Miss Piggy and Kermit together back in 2004 and always wonder why we haven't seen them since? Nice if they brought them back

Jake and the Pirates look interesting, but haven't seen their show. Who knows if we will meet them, my husband wanted to meet Handy Manny last trip for fun and our DD 14 was no where to be found.

juscet

Kids shows always go through phases and this is obviously the next one. Give it two years and they will have new characters.:)

juniorthomas

If all goes with The Muppets movie, we will be seeing a lot more of the muppets in the future!

TWDC is crossing their collective fingers.

I hope the film does well because The Muppets are a great property. Having more of them in the parks would be a great thing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom