Packing for an 11 Night Cruise??

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Can anyone help me out? We are only bringing 3 cases between 2 adults and 1 child on our 11 night med cruise and ive a few questions?

How many formal nights will we have??
Is there laundry service?
Are any nights in the restaurants casual?

We Would really appreciate any tips on what to pack esp with this being such a long cruise!

Disneyfalcon

There is one formal night and two semi formal nights on the 11 night cruises.

There is a dry cleaning service. There are also washers and dryers.

Most nights will be cruise casual. :)

ChuckElias

Semi formal would mean what exactly??
Jacket and tie for men. But as I mentioned in another thread, you will still see plenty of people who ignore it completely and wear shorts and t-shirts. Rather than pack for formal night AND bring an extra jacket and tie, I simply wear my tux for semi-formal night.

Disneyfalcon

I agree, there's a pretty big range on semi formal night. Since hubby already has the mess dress (military tux), he wears it. I wear a cocktail dress.

Oh and we look gooooood.:D:lol:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I agree, there's a pretty big range on semi formal night. Since hubby already has the mess dress (military tux), he wears it. I wear a cocktail dress.

Oh and we look gooooood.:D:lol:

If its jacket and tie for semi formal is it tux only for formal night??

Disneyfalcon

Okay, we've got some from most every cruise, but here they are from one two years ago:

Formal_Night2.jpg

CruiseDay236_filtered.jpg

And brace yourself before you look at this one, because it may be the cutest one you've ever seen!!!:)

CastawayCayMay039_filtered-1.jpg

Phonedave

That picture ^ is way to cute :)

Now for one of my favorite tips. Dry cleaning (or just pressing) is very reasonable on DCL. I think a mens jacket is $8. No need to pack a garment bag. You can put your jacket in your normal luggage, and when you get there send it down to get pressed. Thats what I do.

-dave

ChuckElias

Will all the details be in our room when we arrive on board?
I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I don't think they give you a rundown for the whole week. Instead, the dress for the night is listed on each day's Personal Navigator. The Navigator for the next day is waiting for you in your room when you get back from dinner each night.

Disneyfalcon

I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I don't think they give you a rundown for the whole week. Instead, the dress for the night is listed on each day's Personal Navigator. The Navigator for the next day is waiting for you in your room when you get back from dinner each night.

That is correct.:)

Phonedave

That is correct.:)

I have always had a rundown of the entire cruise.

You know your dining rotation when you get your "tickets" in the mail.

Then we were told what nights were what ahead of time.

At times I can be uber--retentive and I would get everything ready for me and my kids all on the first day. Everything cleaned, pressed, and hung up together (socks etc as well) and then I knew I had nothing to worry about the rest of the cruise. We could just come into the cabin and change for dinner in a flash.

-dave

Disneyfalcon

I have always had a rundown of the entire cruise.

You know your dining rotation when you get your "tickets" in the mail.

Then we were told what nights were what ahead of time.

At times I can be uber--retentive and I would get everything ready for me and my kids all on the first day. Everything cleaned, pressed, and hung up together (socks etc as well) and then I knew I had nothing to worry about the rest of the cruise. We could just come into the cabin and change for dinner in a flash.

-dave

I should have been more clear. They dont tell you which night is which when you arrive in the port. Meaning they dont give you a breakdown of the week then. They do tell you your dining rotation when you get there although I can make an educated guess at your rotation if you give me your party makeup.

You can also find out which night is formal night, pirate night, etc. before you go. You can call Disney, and I can find out too later tonight when I get home.:ROFLOL:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I should have been more clear. They dont tell you which night is which when you arrive in the port. Meaning they dont give you a breakdown of the week then. They do tell you your dining rotation when you get there although I can make an educated guess at your rotation if you give me your party makeup.

You can also find out which night is formal night, pirate night, etc. before you go. You can call Disney, and I can find out too later tonight when I get home.:ROFLOL:

2 Adults and 1 child 8 years old!

Disneyfalcon

2 Adults and 1 child 8 years old!

Okay! 8! That's right on the line, but here's the most likely -

Animators, Parrot Cay, Lumieres, Animators, and so on.

That's the usual rotation for adults with young kids.

If 8 is considered older kids (which I don't think so), it would be -

Parrot Cay, Lumieres, Animators, Parrot Cay, and so on.

This should be your schedule for dining -

Night 2 formal night
Night 8 pirate night
Nights 7 and 10 semi formal

and the rest should be cruise casual.:)

ChuckElias

Thanks v much! And all other nights are casual wear yeah??

Will all the details be in our room when we arrive on board?

I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I don't think they give you a rundown for the whole week.
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but we did, in fact, receive a run-down for the entire week when we arrived in our stateroom on the first day of our Alaska cruise. Don't know if they're now doing it for all ships/itineraries, but it was nice to have one sheet that told us the style of dress and the menu for dinner, as well as the show for the evening. I think we brought it home, if we did, I'll try to post a picture of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom