Is it time to allow well behave dogs in the resorts?

jav

In this time and age families travel with their pets but it's a shame that you have to house them somewhere else. Disney should set aside some rooms as pet friendly, say a bldg at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, or Treehouse Villas, where you could be away from guest who don't like pets. Some of these rooms on the first floor already have a patio with grass. There are thousands of pet friendly restaurants and hotels around the country and we choose those businesses over the ones that are not, surprisingly they are quieter and cleaner. How many times you go to a restaurant and a kid is climbing over the booth, screaming, or if in a hotel they wake you up at 5am from the room above or next door jumping, screaming. Business that have tried this have increased their business and customers keep coming back.

devoy1701

i dont even like sitting on the same airplane as a pet and i consider myself a pet lover. I don't ever want to see someone walking their pet up the corridor in my Disney resort. Just my opinion though.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

Wish I could agree but I'm allergic to all of God's creatures!

However, the children you will just have to deal with... until they come up with a kennel for kids that is! :animwink: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

i dont even like sitting on the same airplane as a pet and i consider myself a pet lover. I don't ever want to see someone walking their pet up the corridor in my Disney resort. Just my opinion though.

I agree with you...We have a dog and he gets is own vacation at the kennel when we go away. He has for the past 12 years.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Animals are even harder to judge than kids. Who is to say that Fido will be well behaved on property. At least with the kids they aren't left in the rooms all day. Fido is left in the room, stresses out when housekeeping shows up, has a few accidents and eats the comforter. Even though he is best behaved dog at all other times, I can't see them wanting to chance it. I do wish they had kept the separate kennels though, as that allows for people to actually spend time with their pet. As it currently stands you are really just taking them with you to be boarded for the week instead of leaving them with their normal kennel at home for the week.

Upvote 0

lebeau

Sometimes we take the dog with us on vacation. But not to Disney World! She would spend the whole day alone in a hotel room. What's the point?

So many head aches (and possibly lawsuits) to worry about.

Disney just put in a fancy kennel. My guess is they want you to use it.

Upvote 0

MansionGoer13z

I would have no trouble with a "Canine Companion" (service dog) coming along in a hotel for a person with a need. But... as far as bringing the pet pooch along for a vacation at a hotel resort, I'm sorry I want to enjoy a vacation without my two dogs and not bring them along. They can enjoy their time at the Kennel, while I enjoy my WDW trip.

Upvote 0

Lucky

In this time and age families travel with their pets but it's a shame that you have to house them somewhere else. Disney should set aside some rooms as pet friendly, say a bldg at Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, or Treehouse Villas, where you could be away from guest who don't like pets. Some of these rooms on the first floor already have a patio with grass.
That would be nice. If it's just one area in one or two resorts, it wouldn't inconvenience other guests much.

I think all of Uni's resorts take pets.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Is it time to allow well behave dogs in the resorts?

How is "well behaved" determined? and enforced?

Would you be offended if they required you to either a) leave a $250 security deposit or b) leave a credit card on file and sign a form saying that they would charge you $250 or more if extra cleaning or repair is required?

Service dogs are allowed by law.

(btw, I am a dog owner)

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I say no way. I once stayed in a Days INN several years back and the people before me must have had a cat and I was really sick. The hotel moved us into a new room but I had to take a shower for about an hour and my dad had to run out at 1am and get me benedryl.

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

I say no way ... Your idea of well behaved and clean may not be the same idea as Disney's. Disney has the kennels in place for a reason.

Upvote 0

jrlang1

The problem is that every one thinks thier dogs are good and thier will be dogs left in hotels rooms all day with no way to be walked. We have brought our dog to disney before when we stayed in FW campground. It was nice and we had someone that went back every day for a nap after lunch that would let her out. But if it wasn't fopr that person needing to take naps then it would be a waste. Losing at least 1-2 hours to let your dog out seems to be a waste.

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

In later life I suddenly became highly allergic to dogs and cats, I was a dog owner for years. I love dogs I just can't be near them anymore. The last time I visited my sister, who owns 3 dogs, I ended up in the emergency room. That would not be my favorite way to spend a vacation at Disney.

Someone less understanding than me might not be so easy going and start screaming lawsuit.

Upvote 0

Jerm

I would have no trouble with a "Canine Companion" (service dog) coming along in a hotel for a person with a need.

I think service dogs have gotten WAY out of control! I have not problem with seeing eye dogs, but Comfort dogs......REALLY????? In this day you can buy one of those things to put on any dog so you can take them with you. A person I know has a little yapper dog that she admits she bought the "service animal" thing for so she could take it with her anywhere she goes. It is time for papers to be needed for some of these animals!

Upvote 0

Kamikaze

I think service dogs have gotten WAY out of control! I have not problem with seeing eye dogs, but Comfort dogs......REALLY????? In this day you can buy one of those things to put on any dog so you can take them with you. A person I know has a little yapper dog that she admits she bought the "service animal" thing for so she could take it with her anywhere she goes. It is time for papers to be needed for some of these animals!

There is an actual certification for an animal to be a 'service' animal. The collars/leads you are talking about do not actually mean anything.

I'm sure Disney doesn't ask to see the paperwork for service animals, but I'm sure if there was a problem, and you didn't have the paperwork, you'd be in trouble.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The problem I have is with the owners and not the pets. I can not tell you how many stories I have heard from pet owners who took their pets to a hotel and did not inform housekeeping about their pets "accidents" so they could be cleaned up properly. I am about as far from a germaphobe as you can get but I really do not want to sleep in a bed that someones Chihuahua pinched a loaf on the night before.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

No way would I ever be cool with this. Nor do I see how it could ever really work unless there was one resort designed just for people with pets. Ew.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom