Brazil Pavilion in Epcot?

Ausdaddy

Original Poster
Brazil's largest newspaper, Folha, says it's coming. It would be a nice addition.

According to Brazilian press, Disney may be getting ready to announce a major country pavilion addition to Epcot. Today columnist Monica Bergamo from Folha, one of the two biggest newspapers in São Paulo, reported this surprising information:

Brazil got a seat in a great international “forum”: Disney. Representatives from the greatest theme park complex in the world approached the federal government this week to announce they’ll include a Brazilian pavilion at Epcot Center, in Orlando (USA). The country will be featured alongside nations such as the US, China, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico and Canada.

http://www./2011/04/report-disney-to-add-brazil-pavilion-as-next-country-in-epcot-world-showcase/

Thanks, bgraham34.

bgraham34

http://www./2011/04/report-disney-to-add-brazil-pavilion-as-next-country-in-epcot-world-showcase/

Not sure how I like the news of that. It might be an area that needs to be avoided when the tour groups are around.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I will believe it when Disney confirms it. I have lost count of the number of times that a newspaper article has come out claiming this or that only to find out that a journalist has read a rumor on a discussion forum and taken it for fact.

gmajew

Epcot needs another country!! This would be great news, maybe the first rumor that will be verified at D23?

TimeTrip

Representatives from the greatest theme park complex in the world approached the federal government this week to announce they’ll include a Brazilian pavilion at Epcot Center, in Orlando (USA).

The way its translated it seems odd that Disney would come to the government and say "Hey we're putting your country into Epcot!". Isn't the government usually involved any decisions from the very start since the government needs to help fund the pavilion?

Lucky

That would be a great addition to WS if it happens. It would probably have a nice TS Brazilian steakhouse, and a movie or even an Amazon-themed ride. And maybe a gift shop selling swimsuits labelled "not appropriate for wearing at Disney waterparks."

ERich2010

I will believe it when Disney confirms it. I have lost count of the number of times that a newspaper article has come out claiming this or that only to find out that a journalist has read a rumor on a discussion forum and taken it for fact.

the OP says "Brazils largest newspaper". while i dont know much about brazillian journalism, i should hope they fact-check a little better than reading discussion forums

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Unfortunately, this has been too often the situation, especially when it comes to new countries in the WS (or at DAK, as is often discussed). I'd love another nation to join the group, and I know from all of the maps tossed about ad nasuem it could be readily placed somewhere. But I also know this could just as easily be an announcement about another offering for the F&W Fesitival......

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
the OP says "Brazils largest newspaper". while i dont know much about brazillian journalism, i should hope they fact-check a little better than reading discussion forums
Fact checking at a media outlet itching to get the latest new out ASAP in a 24/7 news society? Surely you jest.

maxairmike

First reaction: Great, I know where not to stop in WSC to avoid the tour groups!

Seriously though, if it happens, I guess that's cool. I would rather have Russia and the domes of St. Basils, though, personally.

menamechris

Brazil got a seat in a great international “forum”: Disney. Representatives from the greatest theme park complex in the world approached the federal government this week to announce they’ll include a Brazilian pavilion at Epcot Center, in Orlando (USA). The country will be featured alongside nations such as the US, China, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico and Canada.
Thanks, bgraham34.

At least the article wasn't biased.... :p

CaptainWinter

The way its translated it seems odd that Disney would come to the government and say "Hey we're putting your country into Epcot!". Isn't the government usually involved any decisions from the very start since the government needs to help fund the pavilion?

Actually, the government doesn't need to help, although a few have (Morocco and Norway, for example).

Now let's see if we hear this from Disney directly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom