This is a situation when a CM has to say something to a guest doing something wrong

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
Last December when I was at WDW my family & I were eating at Gasparilla Grill and Games in the Grand Floridian. One reason we like to eat there is because they have this self serve frozen yourt which taste's amaizing. While we were there we saw someone who was eating the yogurt, then all of the sudden he gets up & poors himself a 2nd bowl. I am thinking why did the CM working the cash register not say anthing because she was looking right at him. Also unlike the mugs there was no sign on the yogurt machine that said no free refils. I know CM don't want to tell guests something to make them mad, but am I right that she should have said excuse me sir we don't allow free refils on yogurt, so I need to charge you for a 2nd bowl. So what are your thoughts?

Next vacation to Walt Disney World
August 8-19, 2006 at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

mdisney

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
Last December when I was at WDW my family & I were eating at Gasparilla Grill and Games in the Grand Floridian. One reason we like to eat there is because they have this self serve frozen yourt which taste's amaizing. While we were there we saw someone who was eating the yogurt, then all of the sudden he gets up & poors himself a 2nd bowl. I am thinking why did the CM working the cash register not say anthing because she was looking right at him. Also unlike the mugs there was no sign on the yogurt machine that said no free refils. I know CM don't want to tell guests something to make them mad, but am I right that she should have said excuse me sir we don't allow free refils on yogurt, so I need to charge you for a 2nd bowl. So what are your thoughts?

The thing is you don't know the whole story behind that. It could be the person bought two of them to start with. Also it could have been a manager.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
mdisney said:
The thing is you don't know the whole story behind that. It could be the person bought two of them to start with. Also it could have been a manager.
I saw him take the bowl he was eating from & fill it up again so their was no 2nd bowl.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
He had only bought one bowl because he was in front of my family & I while we were in line to pay.

peter11435

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
I saw him take the bowl he was eating from & fill it up again so their was no 2nd bowl.

I think mdisney meant that maybe he paid for two but asked for only one bowl.

peter11435

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
He had only bought one bowl because he was in front of my family & I while we were in line to pay.

Well, that answers that.

Since1976

At the very least, this was worth a "shame-on-you" stare-down from a CM. I don't envy the CM's having to decide which offenses are worth embarrassing a guest in front of their family and potentially ruining their vacation.

philsfan2185

it's only frozen yogurt. it's not like the person filled up 5 bowls and ran past the cast member at the register yelling "catch me if you can!" there's worse things in wdw to upset over than frozen yogurt.

mdisney

this could be a hunch the place was going to close, and at the end of the night they have to throw it away anyways. So why not give it to the guest for free.

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
philsfan2185 said:
it's only frozen yogurt. it's not like the person filled up 5 bowls and ran past the cast member at the register yelling "catch me if you can!" there's worse things in wdw to upset over than frozen yogurt.
So your saying if it were you & you wanted a 2nd bowl of yogurt, you would fill it up again eventhough you shouldn't?

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
mdisney said:
this could be a hunch the place was going to close, and at the end of the night they have to throw it away anyways. So why not give it to the guest for free.
They stay open 24 hours a day, so they never close. In fact I found out anytime day or night you want a Cheese Burger, you can get one.

tonganprince

In other news.. The guy in front of me in the bathroom didn't flush the dam toilet. I tried to get a CM to have him arrested, but to no avail. :brick:

:D

figmentmom

It is my understanding that Cast Members must be careful about exactly which issues are worth confronting a guest about, and which ones aren't. The fact that this person was not confronted could mean a variety of things.

However, I do know ONE thing for sure - you're wasting way too much time and energy worrying about something silly! Your time will be much better-spent planning that next visit to WDW. ;)

See you next trip! :wave:

WDW FAN 4 LIFE

Original Poster
After reading what some people have said in the past about guests using Resort mugs at different Resorts & saying that is stealing & I thought you would have said the same thing about this because, there are supost to be no refils on frozen yogurt so in a way he was stealing because he did not pay for a 2nd bowl. Oh well it's in the past now.

shoppingnut

WDW FAN 4 LIFE said:
They stay open 24 hours a day, so they never close. In fact I found out anytime day or night you want a Cheese Burger, you can get one.

Just because they are open 24/7 doesn't mean the machine operates that way too. They do have to clean it and they probably do that at a specified time each night where it is the optimium time to shut the machine off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom