My Ultimate Disneyland park

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Okay I know I've done some park ideas several hundred times, but I've had some freaking awesome attraction ideas. Sure this one in time will be abandoned but ideas from here will be revived in future ones. Of course like before, there will be some familiar sights from previous ideas but I have some really cool new ideas up my sleeve. Mansion and Imagination are going to be colossal this time but I'll get on that later...
The lands(and some basic attraction cores/subareas to be elaborated on later as I go into the grand circle tour of the Magic Kingdom) are as follows:

Main Street USA

Frontierland(Rivers of America and Thunder Mesa, the land is connected to Haunted Mansion despite it being in a seperate land)

Dixieland(New Orleans Square and Critter Country merged. This was in planning around the time Splash Mountain came at Disneyland. Home of Splash Mountain and Country Bears as well as Haunted Mansion, which is going to be really special this time)

Adventureland(Deep Jungle, Agrabah and Pirate Cove are here)

Fantasyland(The Castle Village, the Dreamport, Mermaid Lagoon, Shadowland and the River of Dreams, home of Fantasmic and Destiny Island)

Toonopolis(mixing in classic Towntown as well as Metroville and Monstropolis to bridge with Tommorowland)

Tommorowland(Nove Cite[a cookie to who recognizes the name], the Spaceport, Mysterious Island, and Port Discovery)

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Getting the attraction list out of the way, then the full out grand circle tour will begin
Main Street USA

Disneyland Railroad(With stops in Frontierland/Blue Bayou and in Toonopolis)
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
Main Street Cinema
Main Street Transports
City Hall(not an attraction obviously, but I guess it has to be listed..)

Frontierland
Thunder Mesa Range
Big Thunder Mountain
Geyser Mountain
Rainbow Ridge
Western River Expedition

Thunder Mesa City
Golden Horseshoe Revue
Little Patch of Heaven
Ravenswood Manor Ruins(not an attraction but rather a large setpiece the Steamboat goes by. There to connect Frontierland into Haunted Mansion's story in Blue Bayou. At night, you can see the shadowed figure of the Phantom with glowing red eyes for a really creepy effect)

Blue Bayou
Haunted Mansion
Haunted Mansion(standard ride)
Mystery of the Manse
Museum of the Weird

Critter Corner
Splash Mountain
Country Bear Jamboree

Adventureland

Deep Jungle
Jungle Cruise
The Adventures of Tarzan (on Tarzan Island)
The Legend of the Lion King
Enchanted Tiki Room
Indiana Jones and the Curse of Fire Mountain

Agrabah
Journey of Aladdin
Sinbad's Seven Voyages
Caravan Carousel

Pirate Cove
Pirates of the Caribbean
Muppet Treasure Island

Fantasyland

Snow White Castle Courtyard
Snow White's Adventures
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan's Flight
Mary Poppin's Jolly Holiday
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Pooh's Honey Hunt
Pinnochio's Daring Journey
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Mad Tea Party
It's a Small World

River of Dreams
Fantasmic
Destiny Islands
Steamboat Willie
Jolly Roger

Shadowland
Nightmare Before Christmas(closest to the berm)
Kingdom Hearts
Bald Mountain
Dragon's Keep
Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Yzma's Wild Lab Tour
Jolly Roger dock

Dreamport
Journey Into Imagination
Nightmare Hunters
ImageWorks

Mermaid Lagoon
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster
The EAC
Turtle Talk with Crush

Toonopolis
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
Mickey's House
Minnie's House
Donald's Boat
Goofy's Funhouse
Mickey's Philharmagic
Monster's Inc: Door to Door
The Incredibles: Battle for Metroville

Tommorowland

Nova Cite
Timekeeper
Adventures Thru Inner Space
Horizons
Carousel of Progress
Alien Encounter
Godzilla: Operation Final Wars
Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters

Spaceport (Inside Space Mountain)
Space Mountain
Tommorowland Transit Authority
Astro Orbitor
Star Tours
Stitch's Galactic Rampage
Flying Saucers

Mysterious Island
Journey to the Center of the Earth
20000 Leagues Under the Sea
Mystery of the Nautilus

Port Discovery
Aquatopia
Storm Rider

stitchcastle

I love the Ravenswood manor ruins idea, and I love the really strong collection of attractions. Although i have to ask you to reconsider the name for Dixieland, there's a reason they renamed the Dixie Landings resort. Other than that, I love it.

The Adventurer

Yeah, I do like the Ravenswood set-piece. Is your "Jolly Holiday" the same as mine or were you planning to do something different? Just wondering. I like your attractions, especially Fantasyland. If you ever need inspiration please feel free to use my page. I am sure it sounds stupid to share ideas but when people fuse together their concepts new and better ones can be formed.
Also, if you feel the need to leave suggestions/critisism/or any other comments on my page go right ahead. I love feedback. :king: :king: :king:

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Jolly Holiday more then likely would have some similarities with Carousel Horses as vehicles and being a musical attraction. I'm going to start the grand circle tour sometime tonight in Frontierland with Thunder Mesa's mountains.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
I'm going to start in Tommorowland instead. Not too sure of how the geography in Frontierland will work. From the hub, you will enter Nova Cite, the main area of Tommorowland. To the left is Alien Encounter, housed in XS Tech's Tommorowland laboratory where they decide to test out the teleportation machine with a live audience but accidentally teleport in another of their projects, a genetically engineered alien terror. As it menaces you, the XS Scientists(though Dr. Femus, like in the original actually has a conscience and objects to this move) find things to be too big a crisis for XS Tech to handle(think of all those lawsuits...) and not only must the alien be eliminated but the audience too. Aggression chips in the alien short out and it decides to protect you while fighting off the chamber defenses(Femus actually opens the doors again with actual concern for the audience) allowing you to escape back into Nova Cite.
To the left is the Tommorowland Science Center with Timekeeper and Adventure Thru InnerSpace(just adding it now along with Flying Saucers in the Spaceport) InnerSpace is similar to the original but with much more advanced effects and with elements of HISTK.
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters is very close to the Spaceport entrance. Much like the other versions though dropping the Toy aspects and going more like the TV show with Mira, Booster and XR helping you on your mission to retrieve the power cells in addition to Buzz.
Going to the other side of the Spaceport entryway, you will find Horizons and Carousel of Progress within one building going out of the berm. Carousel of Progress would cover the 20th century(6 acts with one divided by 2 decades) while Horizons would use newer technology and would have more emphasis on the future communities.
Near Horizons is Godzilla: Operation Final Wars housed in the EDF Training Academy where you will recieve training from Captain Gordon in fighting giant monsters. Soon, Xilians come to Earth and unleash an army of monsters onto Tokyo thus Captain Gordon ends up recruiting you to help the Gotengo in 4 person fighters. But you and the Gotengo aren't alone of course, as Godzilla rises from the sea ready to fight and is joined by Mothra from the sky. The ride's technology is essentially a enclosed RoboCoaster with lots of interactivity when battling monsters, and you really feel the power of the beam attacks or accelerating towards the target.

stitchcastle

I love how you are using the TV series characters for Buzz. I also like Godzilla Final Wars but I gotta warn you to be careful about beign to engrossed in the mythology of the franchise since most people in the U.S. don't really know that much about it, but it seems like a really great experience so it might not even matter in the end :)

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Well, the queue of course would set up the EDF and Final Wars did have a lot of the more popular monsters like Rodan, Mothra, Ghidorah and American G amongst others so I think it might be okay.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
The Spaceport in Tommorowland is accessable in a sort of courtyard at the edge of Nova Cite. The Space Mountain structure is outside the berm and it not only houses the Space Mountain coaster but much of the rest of the land. When you enter through the doors, you will come into the main hallway. As you proceed down, towards the left is Star Tours which has six different destinations including Tatooine, Mustafar, Endor, Hoth, Naboo and Coruscant. The queue itself has a lot more of an airport docking feel though we do briefly go through the maintenance bay to see C-3PO and R2-D2. In the queue itself you see a variety of aliens waiting to board as well at other docking bays, essentially replacing much of the droid mechanics, though we still have the obnoxious G2 Droid as you get to the load. The safety video is way redone, though now with a Twilek flight attendant addressing you and of course, newer alien species boarding in(somewhere I want to have a sight gag with a Dug having trouble with his seat) Mustafar takes you along the lava rivers and ghostly duelists fight amongst the rocks and even on your vehicle, Hoth features encounters with AT-ATs and the Wampa as you make your way to Echo Base, Tatooine has a close encounter with the Sarlacc and Kraytt Dragon as well as Tusken Raiders and some highly illegal Podracing(as it was outlawed at some point in between ROTS and ANH), Naboo takes you through the planet core and encounters the sea monsters within, and Coruscant has a high speed chase through the city streets as well as an close encounter with one of Palpatine's many clones(as seen in many of the novels, he practically became the Kenny of the Star Wars universe).
Go to the right and you find Stitch's Galactic Rampage which is a dark ride similar to Cartoon Spin. Your spacecraft itself is hijacked by Stitch early on, thus a story reason for the controlled spinning as you try and regain control. From there you encounter Stitch several times wreaking havoc throughout Planet Turo(his first rampage), backing up sewers, reversing street signs and trying to steal every rider's left shoe(achieved by in car effects similar to the mouse swarm in HISTA).
Going straight ahead from the entrance, you will get to Rockettower Plaza. Flying Saucers are on a lower level(accessible by the same ramp Astro Orbiter uses), though the ground floor has a viewing deck. A wide walkway over the Flying Saucers leads to the escalating ramp up to the Tommorowland Transit Authority which goes out from the Spaceport Building and throughout Tommorowland going over many of the areas and into Buzz, Stitch, Horizons and InnerSpace. The ride culminates in the preview of Space Mountain and back to the station. Astro-Orbitor is accessable by a twisting ramp and uses the WDW design.
Finally in the Spaceport, there is Space Mountain. The entryway to the Space Mountain docking bay lies behind Rockettower Plaza with a queue similar to the Disneyland refurbishment and the track itself a new design with an intensity more like Expedition Everest(family friendly, so no loops, but fast) This part of the Spaceport truly is the mountain itself but below the coaster are the show buildings to Stitch and Star Tours.
Next, I will conclude Tommorowland with Mysterious Island and Port Discovery.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
As you go north from the Spaceport entrance, you will get into Port Discovery. Port Discovery mainly consists of Stormrider at the Tommorowland Weather Institute and outside of that, Aquatopia The area is mostly a small courtyard with the Stormrider show building going next to Alien Encounter's.
Through a rocky archway up ahead and a bridge into Vulcania and inside, Mysterious Island. In Captain Nemo's base of operations various aquariums are found throughout in the Vulcania restaurant and the giftshops. Near the entrance to the area is the queue for the Mystery of the Nautilus walkthrough, similar to the Disneyland Paris one but with a sea lookout window(Actually a elaborate aquarium).
Outside of these differences, the area is mostly like the DisneySea one though obviously with English language audio though the Atlantis sequence of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would resemble the Atlantis movie, so no freaky fish peoples. Journey to the Center of the Earth is also mostly the same but also acts as a weenie for the Incredibles attraction in Toonopolis(an obvious stand-in for the volcano at Nomansian) in addition to being the big E-Ticket of Captain Nemo's base

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Entering Toonopolis from Mysterious Island, the first attraction you go by is The Incredibles: Battle for Metroville using a ride system similar to Spiderman's as you get into the climactic fight with the Omnidroid and Syndrome. Somewhere at the end for sure, Dash can be heard saying "That was the best ride ever! I love our family..."
Going up ahead, you enter the Monstropolis part of the land and see the Monsters Inc factory and inside Monsters Inc.: Door to Door a family suspended coaster using the Door room sequence. However, the vehicle itself is more of a Factory Tour car(which goes INTO the doors) and early into the ride, you get caught up in Mike and Sulley's chase after Randall and the captured Boo. Going through various doors worldwide and even into some of the park's attractions like Mansion or Pirates.
Finally, you enter the main part of Toonopolis where Mickey and friends live. Across the way from the Pixar attractions is the Toonopolis Performing Arts Center, home of Mickey's Philharmagic. Going down this road, you find the character's homes such as Mickey's House, Minnie's House, Donald's Boat, Goofy's Funhouse and finally, near Toonopolis's Fantasyland border is Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin now adding Judge Doom into the mix as well as the Phantom Blot and Pete who have also been conspiring in this plot to destroy Toonopolis.
Finally in Toonopolis within the Residential Area is the House of Mouse restaurant which prominently features character dining ALL DAY with various characters appearing throughout and various Disney animated shorts on the main screen.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Leaving Toonopolis, you come across the happiest Kingdom of them all, Fantasyland. When you enter, you aren't too far from the Dreamport home of Figment, Dreamfinder and the Dreamseekers Elfin, Cosmo and Leonardo. When you enter, you are in a queue/holding area for the preshow, which has two theaters, much like the Haunted Mansion foyer, though in this case, you are in the clouds as you see the Dreammobile in the distance. When the preshow doors open, it appears as clouds opening. The preshow features Figment and Dreamfinder, in a scene much like the original's opening which at it's conclusion, Dreamfinder invites us to join him in the Dreamport. From here you enter the lobby which is decorated as the Dreamport storage room.
Towards the right is the load of Nightmare Hunters. The queue takes you into the Nightmare Containment unit where the darkest corners of the Imagination reside. The Dreamseekers enlist your help in hunting and capturing escaped nightmares, using an EMV ride system, MindRovers, to get us through the nightmares and find the source of the trouble.

Going straight ahead in the main lobby is Journey into Imagination which takes us into the rest of the Dreamport using a Honey Hunt ride system. The first portion of the ride gets us further into the storage area and into the art room which now transforms color via projections. Central in this area is Figment holding the pot of rainbows, Dreamfinder working on the mural which actually transforms into different images and Elfin making paper swans while riding the origami carousel with the other animals folding into different shapes.
From the art room we enter Literature which in addition to having the scare element has more novel moments. Here, the ride intersects with Nightmare Hunters and we see monsters rise from the books including Dracula and Frankenstien's Monster. Of course, Dreamfinder can be seen on the Keyboard Organ, Figment hides up on a massive book trying to keep away from those vaguely Lovecraftian things from the original, though now with those weird tendrils extending towards the car, and within the books you can spy scenes from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and some of the animated features. Coming out of a history book, Leonardo is sailing and looking into the eyes of a Sea Serpent(cheap nod to World of Motion). Exiting the Literature section, Figment tries closing one of the huge books of monsters.
Exiting Literature, we enter the Theater scene though coming onto the stage as lighting constantly changes and spotlights on our five performers in various costumes and roles. In addition to this, laser projected performers are seen along various parts of the stage.
Exiting the stage and passing a hitchhiking Astronaut Figment with a sign saying "NASA or bust", we enter Science, now almost set up as a sort of Mission Command as Dreamfinder, Elfin and Leonardo monitor the progress of Cosmo and Figment up in space, Cosmo checking on Dreamfinder's Space Telescope and Figment trying to actually steer a spaceship with mixed results. Exiting the Mission Control, we actually get to the Space Telescope which Dreamfinder operates via remote control, giving us something similar to the original Science scene as Cosmo goes over further operations checks and Figment still flounders a bit with the Spaceship via an additional vehicle in the room like the tourist Heffalumps in Honey Hunt.
Leaving Space and making our return to Earth, we see various clips go by, showing the further power of the Imagination and join our friends looking in a crystal ball(scene set up like the prefinale in the original) as various images float around the room. Then, we enter the finale with Figment and all those movies(roster now including Cowboy, Pirate, Ninja, Astronaut, Jedi Knight, Performer, Archeologist(Indy Style), Scientist, Mountain Climber, and Athlete). We exit going by Dreamfinder at the Camera with his production crew of the Dreamseekers inviting us to go upstairs to the Imageworks and to Nightmare Hunters(if one is brave enough to fight the fearsome frights).
To the left is the Figment Cafe, the gift shop, and upstairs, the Imageworks, featuring Dreamfinder's School of Drama, the Pin Tables, Rainbow Corridor, Making Faces, Stepping Tones, Mirage Wall, Electronic Phiharmonic and Magic Palette.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Going further into Fantasyland and across from the Dreamport is the Snow White Castle Courtyard. In the little village area surrounding the castle are the dark rides. From the Dreamport side of the village is Pinnochio's Daring Journey and Pinnochio's Village Haus. Dumbo the Flying Elephant is across from Pinnochio with a bit more Circus theming in the area giving the Pinnochio/Dumbo area a bit of a Carnival/Pleasure Island feel. Finally in this area is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It would technically go with the British story area, but I think it should go next to Pinnochio just to balance things out. Similar to the Disneyland one with elements of the long gone Floridian one.
Inside Snow White Castle is Snow White's Adventures with it's showbuilding takes up the rest of the Dreamport side of the courtyard. The Royal Banquet Hall is also housed in the upper portions of the castle giving an excellent view of Fantasyland.
The other side of the Courtyard consists of a British story subarea. Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday uses Carousel horses and carriages as vehicles(perhaps with a load and ride system in general similar to what The Adventurer had in mind as a Omnimover with a Carousel load). The ride goes through London and the animated sequences and is a truely musical ride the whole way.
Next to Mary Poppins is Peter Pan's Flight which features newer effects and more advanced animated figures(what I have in mind for the other Dark Rides as well).
Pooh's Honey Hunt, now using an Aquatopia type system, has a outdoor load area underneath Poohsticks Bridge and by a Honey Tree, with vehicles going into a book. The water ride system fits considering much of the ride has a basis in The Blustery Day anyway, though still retaining much of the magic of the Tokyo Honey Hunt with it's rooms.
Rounding out this area is Wonderland featuring the Alice in Wonderland dark ride, sharing parts of the Pooh building's upper area. Also in the Wonderland courtyard area is the Mad Tea Party, completing the area.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Gentlemen, behold! For my 2000th post, I’m going to post the summary for Fantasmic. In this version, I’m also including Palpatine in addition to the other villains. Running time I’d say would be about 36 minutes. Some of my ideas came from this huge music video of the Disneyland version up at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q_AeeU7i3E&search=fantasmic

Opening
Same as usual with the light towers rising from the island and Mickey appearing on stage.
Sorcerer Mickey
Same water screen scenes as usual
Flowers
In addition to the big flower on stage, the water screens would feature the Spring Sprite and stuff from the Nutcracker Suite
Jungle
Similar to the Lion King version at Florida, but with some Tarzan elements as well, with powerful drumbeats segueing into Pink Elephants
Pink Elephants
Just like the Disneyland version with blacklight pink elephants similar to Animagic appear on the stage.
Pinocchio
Like the Disneyland scene but with better puppets
Monstro
Same as usual with Jiminy trapped in the bubble before Monstro lunges towards the audience, leading into the Sorcerer’s Apprentice flood and into the Pirates sequence
Pirates of the Caribbean
We hear the voice of Davy Jones, who’s seeking Jack Sparrow’s soul, before the Jolly Roger, now the Black Pearl in show, comes into the scene with Jack and his crew, with Will and Elizabeth in tow, fighting off Davy Jones’ sea phantom pirates. At the conclusion with the sea pirates defeated, Will and Elizabeth are safe and hopefully can keep together through any further trouble leading into love montage.
Love Montage
Essentially the same as the WDW version with some new additions to the water screens
Wicked Queen
Same as usual with the Wicked Queen transforming into the Witch to set her plans in motion.
The Witch’s Legion of Doom
The Witch calls upon the Disney villains Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Hades, Scar, the Phantom, and Jafar, who sends Mickey into the Cave of Wonders
The Cave of Wonders/Mickey versus Jafar
Same as Florida’s with Jafar in snake form going after Mickey before he ends up finding the lamp, wishing Jafar inside.
Space Battle
Upon Jafar’s defeat, Emperor Palpatine and Zurg are both plotting against Mickey and both decide to send their forces out after him together in an attempt to crush him. Mickey himself is now caught in a fierce space dogfight before landing in a very dark place where Ansem is seen and taunts Mickey by speaking of the nature of darkness, leading into Night on Bald Mountain.
Night on Bald Mountain
Besides Chernabog releasing those evil spirits, much more villainy is seen within from the main villains as well as the Firebird and the Headless Horseman with Chernabog raising his arms to end the scene.
Maleficent and Mickey
Again business as usual with Malificent calling on the powers of “her imagination” and transforming into the dragon form.
Taunting Villains
Usual stuff here, with additions of the new villains and a better laugh for Chernabog, sounding more like Makuta’s laugh.
Dragon battle
As the waterscreen scene ends, we see the Spring Sprite again within the now burning forest as well as scenes from the forest fire in Bambi before the scene zooms in to Mickey facing the dragon, as fire begins to engulf the river. The dragon makes her main shot, fully engulfing the river. Mickey declares “This is my dream!” as usual, leading to Maleficent’s downfall. The villains are destroyed in this order: Chernabog, Palpatine, Zurg, Hades, Jafar, Scar, The Phantom, Oogie Boogie, Ursula, Ansem(instead of screaming in pain, just asking “But why?”), The Witch/Wicked Queen, and finally Maleficent.
One Little Spark
After the villains’ defeat, within the dark, we see the Spring Sprite in ash form. Figment flies in singing one of the deleted verses of One Little Spark as if to encourage her to go on.
“One little spark,
One flight of fancy,
Shines up the dark,
So that we can see,
When things look grim,
And nothings going right,
One little spark,
Clicks on the light”
After this, the Spring Sprite takes to the sky as if to now restore things. Then Tinkerbelle comes in with her Pixie Dust, leading into the finale.
Finale
As the Steamboat comes in, though the lights are dark, Mickey’s whistling from Steamboat Willie can be heard as the music builds. As the Finale Music kicks in, Mickey and Steamboat Willie filled with the Disney characters are illuminated by spotlights. As the boat comes out of view, one last waterscreen scene with a montage of happy endings(with many of the characters, such as those on the boat and throughout the show) comes in as the large color flares blast out, leading to Sorcerer Mickey appearing up on top of the island, commanding huge fireworks blasts into the sky. After this, we end with Mickey going “Some imagination huh?”

I might tweak things, but I think it's okay otherwise. The One Little Spark bit with the Sprite, Figment AND Tink might be a bit too crowded.

stitchcastle

great Fantasmic! although I think you overcrowded it a bit at the end it should be Mickey-centric rather than having all these subplots with the Sprite and Figment, consider this:

Have the Sprite take over the Flowers segment instead, instead of that puppet flower in the middle of the stage we see lots and lots of projections of flowers amid the spring sprite dancing around and doing her magic. No need for the nutcracker suite, just showcase the beauty of the Spring Sprite.

meanwhile, have Figment replace the Pink Elephants parade. Figment creates pandemonium around the show that the Pink Elephants did.

I think Oogie Boogie would be too visually jarring if projected on the water screens compared to his 2d counterparts.

Don't replace the original Night on Bald Mountain sequence1 It's scary enough as it is ^_^ You can however while this is playing, have The Headless Horseman galloping around the stage or in one of the barges across the lagoon.

Emperor Palpatine seems a bit too out of place, have Zurg carry out the Space Battle scene on his own Which I must say is a really great idea, but to keep it in without having the show run too long, you might want to get rid of the Jafar sequence. but if you still want to keep Jafar involved:

Remember Jafar's song in Aladdin where he ends with blasting Aladdin off to the other side of the world? Have him do that to Mickey, ending with Mickey being blast off to space, this would be a good segue to the Space Battle Sequence. It would be funny to have Jafar mock the Fantasmic! theme like he did Prince Ali.

Try to keep the characters appearing on screen 2d, I think Palpatine, Oogie and Ansem wouldn't look all that good when projected on a mist screen the way traditional 2d characters do.

Cut off the One Little Spark scene, it slows the show down tremendously, you're losing the momentum brought forth by the villains' defeat.

And I think you could do without the happy endings montage, the audience would be too pre-occupied with the multitude of characters in the Steamboat.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
You are right, even I was thinking Palpatine wouldn't work as well. At least it wouldn't be as bad as the Xilian leader from Final Wars. With the Witch's words of ALL the forces of evil, I ended up making it too broad. I'll probably revise it later in the afternoon. Good to see that you're still alive Stitchcastle, it's been a while, school must be getting harder...
Some of those ideas ARE really good, with Jafar singing the twisted version of the Fantasmic song to send Mickey into space. But despite some clashes, I'll probably still keep Ansem and MAYBE Oogie. I think for Bald Mountain then, in addition to Headless Horseman I might put in a Heartless barge or another floating show element based on the World of Chaos. I think for a Figment sequence in place of Pink Elephants that Figment would just unleash Disney craziness, maybe still using an instrumental version of Pink Elephants. I'll post the improved version seperately then.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
I'm posting the modified version of the show, I knocked Palpatine and Oogie off and put Yzma in as well as other tweaks. Figment still sings One Little Spark towards the end before Tink comes in. I think the idea of the song's verse on light being found in darkness still works. No Sprite beyond the flowers sequence though.
Opening
The opening narration is now done by Dreamfinder as he tells of Imagination's power. The staging of the show's actual start is same as usual with light towers rising from the island and Mickey appearing on stage, commanding the fountains and shooting sparks from his fingers.
Sorcerer Mickey
Same water screen scenes as usual
Flowers
The big puppet flower on stage now seems to clearly be created by the Spring Sprite who then flies upward and appears in the waterscreens, making more things grow as we enter the Jungle scene
Jungle
The Jungle sequence this time is based on "Trashing the Camp" from Tarzan as various animals on stage get into a big jam session and Terk and other Gorillas float by on the barges along with other Disney party animals such as Timon and Pumbaa as well as Baloo and King Louie's gang. As the beat comes to a close, Figment bursts onto the water screens.
Figment's Mayhem Montage
Figment appears on the water screens, singing a verse of the Fantasmic song about the more unusual and funny parts of the imagination.
"See it in your mind, and you can find, in your imagination. Humor and Mayhem, outrageous laughter, leading to strange and wonderous dreams..."
Figment is now going down the hole into Wonderland as we hear the Chesire Cat's words of "We're all mad around here" leading into a wild and crazy version of the Very Merry Unbirthday song with various scenes from the movie, segueing into "Pink Elephants" and finally into "Merry Go Round Broke Down", which features essentially more explosive versions of the dancing bubbles in the form of bursting sparks of imagination provided by Figment(and a bunch of fireworks, this is a very pyrotechnics heavy sequence, thus making it MUCH better then WDW's bubbles), featuring all those wackier moments in Disney films. As the montage closes, Figment pops up with one last surprise as we dive under the ocean with a huge splash, leading into the Monstro scene.
Monstro
Same as usual with Jiminy trapped in the bubble before Monstro lunges towards the audience, leading into the Sorcerer’s Apprentice flood and into the Pirates sequence
Pirates of the Caribbean
We hear the voice of Davy Jones, who’s seeking Jack Sparrow’s soul, before the Jolly Roger, now the Black Pearl in show, comes into the scene with Jack and his crew, with Will and Elizabeth in tow, fighting off Davy Jones’ sea phantom pirates. At the conclusion with the sea pirates defeated, Will and Elizabeth are safe and hopefully can keep together through any further trouble leading into love montage.
Love Montage
Essentially the same as the WDW version with some new additions to the water screens
Wicked Queen
Same as usual with the Wicked Queen transforming into the Witch to set her plans in motion.
The Witch’s Legion of Doom
The Witch calls upon the Disney villains Ursula, Yzma, Hades, Scar, the Phantom, and Jafar, who sends Mickey into the stars, mocking the Fantasmic song while doing so.
Space Battle
From Jafar's spell, Mickey finds himself in outerspace and takes command of a star cruiser. Zurg soon catches up to him and pursues him. Mickey is now caught in a fierce space dogfight against Zurg's forces before landing in a very dark place where Ansem is seen and taunts Mickey by speaking of the nature of darkness, leading into Night on Bald Mountain.
Night on Bald Mountain
Chernabog appears, unleashing all sorts of horrors. On stage, the Headless Horseman appears galloping through the night as more spirits appear on the screens. As Chernabog raises his arms to end the scene, we see Mickey facing Maleficent.
Maleficent and Mickey
Again business as usual with Maleficent calling on the powers of “her imagination” and transforming into the dragon form.
Taunting Villains
Usual stuff here, with additions of the new villains and a better laugh for Chernabog, sounding more like Makuta’s laugh.
Dragon battle
We now see Mickey facing the dragon, as fire begins to engulf the river. The dragon makes her main shot, fully engulfing the river. Mickey declares “This is my dream!” as usual, leading to Maleficent’s downfall. The villains are destroyed in this order: Chernabog, Zurg, Hades, Jafar, Scar, The Phantom, Yzma, Ursula, Ansem(instead of screaming in pain, just asking “But why?”), The Witch/Wicked Queen, and finally Maleficent.
One Little Spark
After the villains’ defeat, within the dark, Figment reappears singing one of the deleted verses of One Little Spark.
“One little spark,
One flight of fancy,
Shines up the dark,
So that we can see,
When things look grim,
And nothings going right,
One little spark,
Clicks on the light”
Then Tinkerbelle comes in with her Pixie Dust, leading into the finale.
Finale
As the Steamboat comes in, though the lights are dark, Mickey’s whistling from Steamboat Willie can be heard as the music builds. As the Finale Music kicks in, Mickey and Steamboat Willie filled with the Disney characters are illuminated by spotlights. As massive color flares blow out, it leads to Sorcerer Mickey appearing up on top of the island, commanding huge fireworks blasts into the sky. After this, we end with Mickey going “Some imagination huh?”

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Just some little things, I'm going to try and add Small World into Fantasyland, easily the biggest thing that I left out. Question is where it will go. However, I more then likely will put it across from Wonderland. I've also been putting thought into Shadowland and Rivers of Magic and I think I might just remove Rivers of America considering it's a bit redundant to have two Steamboats on two similar rivers. But the Ravenswood Manor setpiece will still remain, perhaps now as scenery for Rainbow Ridge's train ride. Shadowland itself will be a bit bigger with the dock for the Jolly Roger being located there and a Sleepy Hollow dark ride added in and maybe a Wild Mouse Coaster with the theme of Yzma's lair. I'll post more of the grand circle tour tommorow, getting into Shadowland and maybe Mermaid Lagoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom