Living Seas Pics - Questions!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Alright.. time for the monthly question..

Who knows what's going on in the Living Seas right now?

Nothing has changed on the outside, but i'm using these pics I took as bait for some information...

First off, West Tank (Dolphin Enclosure) has been seemingly abandoned - anyone seen the Dolphins lately?

sea12mc.jpg

You can clearly see the windows for the SeaCab ride on the lower level.

sea47od.jpg

Alas, can't see inside...

Over in the main Observation area, you can see the tunnel for the ride if you look due East, but the lighting is poor - the shiny/bright thing in this photo at the rear is apparently a control console of some sort, i'd assume for the SeaCab ride somehow. It's window is hidden by a coral archway.

sea29vk.jpg

And those windows on top of the tunnel are so little - they seemed much bigger from inside the ride:

sea37vi.jpg

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
East Tank time, where you can see the habitat is lit for "theatrical" purposes moreso than just regular lighting.

sea58iw.jpg

More dramatic light - the "sunken treasure" scene is hidden around the coral somewhere in this part of the tank.

sea79rj.jpg

Interesting question - does the lower half of the observation deck have windows on the eastern side?

sea66gm.jpg

Finally, the tunnel, from an angle, distorted, through the large windows..

sea87xz.jpg

ballewclan

Wow i have so many questions...I've never ridden the Sea Cabs so I dont know anything about the ride...these pictures look pretty interesting!

PintoColvig

ballewclan said:
Wow i have so many questions...I've never ridden the Sea Cabs so I dont know anything about the ride...these pictures look pretty interesting!
It's been nearly 20 years since I've ridden them and, honestly, I don't remember much about them. Does anyone know of any video available of them?

jr06compmaster

ive never been on the sea cabs i don't believe either, what are they? the only thing i can remember from the Living Seas are those stupid hydrolator things lol.

ballewclan

jr06compmaster said:
ive never been on the sea cabs i don't believe either, what are they? the only thing i can remember from the Living Seas are those stupid hydrolator things lol.

Oohhh the hydrolaters were awesome! :(

Well from what I've heard the sea cabs were a ride through the aquarium after the hydrolaters. Kind of like you get into the hydrolaters go down, then you get into the seacabs and go around then you end up in seabase alpha. Yeah i think that's it.

Anyone have a corrected or more detailed version?

mitchk

I rode the sea cabs in Oct of 87'. All I can remember is the ride was very short, and all you did was ride past some windows that showed you different parts of the tank. Keep in mind I was only 9, so I may have forgotten a few things, but I recall them being very boring :snore:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
That's pretty much it - it was a short ride. Essentially from just after the hydrolators, to the observation deck, and then off into Seabase Alpha - you entered just under the staircases to the observation deck, that's why that whole area was built the way it is, with the staircases at those angles and the "hub" feel with the submarine hanging from overhead and the up escalator due right.

peter11435

mousermerf said:
Over in the main Observation area, you can see the tunnel for the ride if you look due East, but the lighting is poor - the shiny/bright thing in this photo at the rear is apparently a control console of some sort, i'd assume for the SeaCab ride somehow. It's window is hidden by a coral archway.

I am fairly certain that is actually the glass piano thats in the corporate lounge.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
peter11435 said:
I am fairly certain that is actually the glass piano thats in the corporate lounge.

When i was able to get a good look at it before, it had cables coming out of it like a sound or lighting control board, but perhaps i confused the location? Glass paino eh? Got any pics of that? It sounds neat..

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Not likely, as the Paris ride is supposed to be a spining wild mouse coaster... That'd be odd inside the tank.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom